Food & Drink

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 10:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18610 posts
327 upvotes
YYZ

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

Today I went to Quizno's hoping to get one of those black angus steak sandwich that they have been advertising on TV. I went into the store hoping to get on that $2.99 deal. When I saw the sandwich for $4.99, I was like wtf. I asked the guy and he said that was the American deal and then I was completely surprised. Since I was in the restaurant anyway, I decided that I gotta get something. I decided to get that sandwich and damn 6 inches is awfully small. I was extremely surprised by the small amount of food that I get for the amount of money that I am paying. The guy was even measuring the weight of the angus steak that he'll be putting into my sandwich!! How cheap is that? I admit I'm pretty small and I don't eat as much, but damn I was still starving after eatting that sub. I left the restaurant pretty pissed off for not getting much value. Sigh....I don't think I'll be going back for a long time...if ever..
66 replies
Nov 30, 2003
12 posts
CSR wrote:wen stores get famous/rich.. they dun give a shiez.... quality goes down
I guess I'm not really surprised there.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
1 upvote
Quizno's make really good sandwiches, but they are damn pricey. I'll go once in a blue moon when they have some special or a coupon, but $8-$10 for a footlong sandwich is a bit much to pay.

I saw a commercial for their steak and cheese sandwich with au jus dip for $2.99. It looked so damn good, but from your post, I guess that's the american price. I was thinking about heading down to grab one, but now I'll pass. Their sandwiches aren't *THAT* good.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1630 posts
10 upvotes
Their stuff is damn expensive... the only time i'll ever go is when they have coupons. Sometimes i'll get the two biggest and expensive subs with a drink for 16 or so? Thats not too bad considering that would be enough for 2.5 meals.

They have certain subs for $3.49 regularly too don't they?
Heatware: 40-0-0
Apr 19, 2003
976 posts
53 upvotes
quiznos IS VERY pricey but some pretty good sub.....
you can easily reach $10 plus for a meal (combo).....
i certainly don't have this everyday but i would recommend the chicken carbonara or the mesquite chicken....
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Banned
Apr 30, 2004
124 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, B.C.
CSR wrote:wen stores get famous/rich.. they dun give a shiez.... quality goes down
They actually don't give a **** at the store either, but they have to pretend to, or they won't get your business. Once you're hooked on the food however, downhill she goes. Well, unless people start to complain, which many people don't, it's called stupidity.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
you think he was weighing it just because of you?

if you had a store/restaurant, wouldn't you want everything to made to order in terms of exact figures, so that way, you can track your supplies/sales/whatever?

it's just common sense. like when you order a steak, you know how many ounces are in it.

Sgt_Strider wrote:Today I went to Quizno's hoping to get one of those black angus steak sandwich that they have been advertising on TV. I went into the store hoping to get on that $2.99 deal. When I saw the sandwich for $4.99, I was like wtf. I asked the guy and he said that was the American deal and then I was completely surprised. Since I was in the restaurant anyway, I decided that I gotta get something. I decided to get that sandwich and damn 6 inches is awfully small. I was extremely surprised by the small amount of food that I get for the amount of money that I am paying. The guy was even measuring the weight of the angus steak that he'll be putting into my sandwich!! How cheap is that? I admit I'm pretty small and I don't eat as much, but damn I was still starving after eatting that sub. I left the restaurant pretty pissed off for not getting much value. Sigh....I don't think I'll be going back for a long time...if ever..
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2732 posts
129 upvotes
Peterborough
Quizno's is too $$$.

I like Middle Eastern places that do beef shawarmas. They usually lay the meat on pretty heavy. In downtown Toronto there's a scruffy looking place on the northwest corner of Spadina and Queen, just west of the McDonalds (feh) that serves up an absolutely awesome beef shawarma for cheap. Way tasty. If you're in the city go try it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2004
5280 posts
16 upvotes
Midland
I will agree with what most are saying here that yes there a tad bit too pricy & there portions are not up to what I would have liked when I finaly had 1 which was a black angus large when the quiznos opened up here in midland.

I will agree that the cost / portions on there sub from that 1 is too much & looking past that was the reality was the quality of the product was top notched I don't know of any other sub yet that was flavorfull right till the last bite ... filling factor ... no ...... satifying in flavor factor a BIG yes from me. :)

As for measuring out portions as someone whom use to work in the food industry waaay back in the day ..... it's not just to keep track of costs of product ..... but also the quality / consistancy of product ...... this goes with many recepies in general .... I mean would you like to eat a piece of lemon pie that had too much lemon / tartness in it that affected the taste of it as compared to before to much of course not ...
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X | AsRock Fata1ty Gaming B450 | T-Force Vulcan DDR4 3000 16 gigs
Asus Xonar DX | Gigabyte Radeon 280x | Corsair 650HX | Fractial Designs Refine R5
Samsung 870 EVO 500 gig. M.2 | Seagate Firecuda 2 Tb | Win 10 Pro
Heatware 45-0|RFDware 13-0
Dec 9, 2003
999 posts
Quiznos has pretty good quality subs. Sure it is expensive, but once in awhile it is a treat. And You do get pretty big subs, IMO anyways

P.S. the black angus steak rocks
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
terrybear wrote: As for measuring out portions as someone whom use to work in the food industry waaay back in the day ..... it's not just to keep track of costs of product ..... but also the quality / consistancy of product ...... this goes with many recepies in general .... I mean would you like to eat a piece of lemon pie that had too much lemon / tartness in it that affected the taste of it as compared to before to much of course not ...
I think that's a bad comparison.. quality INCREASES with more steak in the sub, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise..
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4503 posts
545 upvotes
Calgary
The reason they weigh it is so they don't waste money on costs by giving you too much

And they weigh so that you dont complain you didn't get enough or you "got more" last time

And they weigh because their inventory systems are based on a standard weight in each sub - eg sell 1000 black angus subs with 4 oz meat so they know when to reorder to replace 4000 oz of meat

But the real reason they weigh is obviously to piss you off. :confused:
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1565 upvotes
what does wen, dun and shiez spell :confused: