Food & Drink

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 10:14 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Spidey wrote:what does wen, dun and shiez spell :confused:


he's a high school student. Not his fault he's failing english and assignments which have to be typed (I'm guilty too)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
wanted wrote:he's a high school student. Not his fault he's failing english and assignments which have to be typed (I'm guilty too)
OH I get it. Thats sick, or is it tight :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
New York Fries once upon a time used a scale for a short while too - that disappeared after a few weeks.

Did quinzo's always used a scale?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
4566 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
silentio wrote:New York Fries once upon a time used a scale for a short while too - that disappeared after a few weeks.
Well.. they got their 'CUP' for portion control. It's hard to overfill a cup/container. You'll find food is measured everywhere. When you buy a sub at subway.. the meat is already portioned controlled.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1849 posts
155 upvotes
Central Ontario
Geez guys, get a clue... measuring quantities of food served in restaurants is not new.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 22, 2003
1600 posts
Whitby
Try paying what they charge for subs and then having to explain to staff that it is meant to be toasted. Isn't that their motto?

Mind you, it was a new location and the staff was learning but....... Charge me $10.00+ for a sub you better know how to make it.

:lol:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I can get a crappy sub at Subway or Mr. Sub for $6... or i can get an awesome sub for $10. I go for the Quizno when i can. Some people prefer quantity, Quiznos are for people who care about quality.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1849 posts
155 upvotes
Central Ontario
Yesdear wrote: Mind you, it was a new location and the staff was learning but....... Charge me $10.00+ for a sub you better know how to make it.

:lol:
I had the same 'problem' in Newmarket when the first location opened there... took a lot longer to make than it should have and didn't come out quite right.

They're better now, but it's a once in a while treat for me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
26 upvotes
Spidey wrote:what does wen, dun and shiez spell :confused:
I think CSR needs a new keyboard soon. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1849 posts
155 upvotes
Central Ontario
Either that, or come to the conclusion that acting illiterate is not cool...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
I now only make it a point to go if I have a coupon,

when they open a new location they come out with some good coupons in the mail,, i usually scour around the grouped street mailboxes to get a few ;)
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1617 posts
49 upvotes
Rometiklan wrote:Quizno's make really good sandwiches, but they are damn pricey. I'll go once in a blue moon when they have some special or a coupon, but $8-$10 for a footlong sandwich is a bit much to pay.

I saw a commercial for their steak and cheese sandwich with au jus dip for $2.99. It looked so damn good, but from your post, I guess that's the american price. I was thinking about heading down to grab one, but now I'll pass. Their sandwiches aren't *THAT* good.
agreed. They're tasty, but you spend so much! Totally not worth it, you can get better meals than a sub for the amount they charge
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1872 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
ALRIGHT!
You need a Quizno employee here! And that's me! :D

For all the people that keep on saying more meat is better, then you are WRONG! I used to have a "small" sub with a "large"/"medium" portion of meat and I can say it's HORRIBLE because there's no taste! But I can sure say it's pretty satisfying and fulling. ;)

I also agree to the majority that DON'T GO unless there's coupons because it's a ripoff without. Heck! I only work at Quizno's to get the 50% of employee discount, not because of the wage. :confused:

But one thing for sure, QUALITY is our most important thing and that is why I hate working there. We cut MEAT and cheese (HUGE BLOCKS!) everyday and vegatables everyday! We only keep them for maximum of 2 days after being cut! So don't complain about anything about not being fresh!

Maybe it's our location that only does that, so don't think every location does this too.

But the thing you guys should know is that all my co-workers are getting pissed at cutting meat because it SUCKS. So we DON'T clean the slicer after every meat we cut, we onll wipe it down with sanitized water and cloth. But I'm the only one that does that usually since I have my ethics. The others just cuts everything at once. Let it be PORK, CHESSE, BEEF, or TURKEY, it will be used on the slicer one after another. So people who can't eat pork might want to think twice before going to Quizno's again because there might be some PORK JUICE in your sandwich. ;)

SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT BASH QUIZNO'S BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, I AGREE!!!! DON'T GO UNLESS YOU HAVE COUPONS OR GETTING A GOOD DEAL!

Top