Food & Drink

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 10:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
12262 posts
3298 upvotes
Ottawa
It's not being cheap when they weigh your food. It's offering a consistent product. You get no more and NO LESS than what you are supposed to.

I went to Switzerland and one thing that I found very nice is that whenever you order a drink, there is a FILL line. They fill the drink to exactly that line. You get exactly 12 oz. No more, no less.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
solo. wrote:
SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT BASH QUIZNO'S BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, I AGREE!!!! DON'T GO UNLESS YOU HAVE COUPONS OR GETTING A GOOD DEAL!

Hey solo, which company makes the meats Quiznos buys? I like to buy it straight from the same company to make my own subs
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1872 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
silentio wrote:Hey solo, which company makes the meats Quiznos buys? I like to buy it straight from the same company to make my own subs
I have no idea. But I'll check.
Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
225 posts
1 upvote
i dont think u can buy from the company, they are wholesale, only sell to licensed shops/stores/sellers

SUBWAY NOW HAS TOASTED SUBS and they are soooooooo good :D
and subway has the same deal w/ weighing meats and we have an allotted amount of veggies to put on each sub (6 tomatoes, 6 cucumbers, etc) With franchises you gotta follow these regulations (and have employees follow them) or u could be marked out-of-compliance, employees dont do it just to be stingy, cuz they have to :razz:
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1849 posts
155 upvotes
Central Ontario
silentio wrote:Hey solo, which company makes the meats Quiznos buys? I like to buy it straight from the same company to make my own subs
I'm sure they'd be happy to accomodate your needs as long as you're buying 20 lbs at a time... wholesale food distributors have no interest dealing with the public.
Member
Nov 2, 2003
244 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
personally, I find the portions to be alright.

Initially, yes, it seems small... but have you had the footlong? I could BARELY finish that thing. A regular is actually fine for me, but usually I just get a small tuna.

I'm also trying to lose the weight, and suceeded, so I think my appetite is lower than what it used to be due to the smaller portion sizes all around (6" instead of 12", etc)

The tuna is 3.99, and it's pretty decent man, fills me the same as a 12" from mr. sub (which is to say, not that much at all).

edit: I've never seen them weight my tuna. one time the guy RAMMED it full of meat... holy damn. picture a 12" subs worth of tuna on a six. full mouthfulls of meat... sooooo good.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30493 posts
5033 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
solo. wrote:ALRIGHT!
You need a Quizno employee here! And that's me! :D

For all the people that keep on saying more meat is better, then you are WRONG! I used to have a "small" sub with a "large"/"medium" portion of meat and I can say it's HORRIBLE because there's no taste! But I can sure say it's pretty satisfying and fulling. ;)

I also agree to the majority that DON'T GO unless there's coupons because it's a ripoff without. Heck! I only work at Quizno's to get the 50% of employee discount, not because of the wage. :confused:

But one thing for sure, QUALITY is our most important thing and that is why I hate working there. We cut MEAT and cheese (HUGE BLOCKS!) everyday and vegatables everyday! We only keep them for maximum of 2 days after being cut! So don't complain about anything about not being fresh!

Maybe it's our location that only does that, so don't think every location does this too.

But the thing you guys should know is that all my co-workers are getting pissed at cutting meat because it SUCKS. So we DON'T clean the slicer after every meat we cut, we onll wipe it down with sanitized water and cloth. But I'm the only one that does that usually since I have my ethics. The others just cuts everything at once. Let it be PORK, CHESSE, BEEF, or TURKEY, it will be used on the slicer one after another. So people who can't eat pork might want to think twice before going to Quizno's again because there might be some PORK JUICE in your sandwich. ;)

SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT BASH QUIZNO'S BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, I AGREE!!!! DON'T GO UNLESS YOU HAVE COUPONS OR GETTING A GOOD DEAL!

Which location are you at? Hwy 10 and Eglinton? Hwy 10 and Britannia? Another one?

Better yet, why don't you tell us the secret recipies so we can make our own subs for $3
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 3, 2003
14394 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga
d_jedi wrote:I think that's a bad comparison.. quality INCREASES with more steak in the sub, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise..
If the shaved beef flop[s out of the bun and onto your shirt, because its piled so high and thick, are you happy? The bun can only hold so much. The idea is to be able to dip it. You can't do that with a massive bun full of meat.

I also, once, asked for the ciabbata bread for the italian sub - I thought Ciabbatta is italian, so why not? The guy warned me it would be soggy but I insisted. It was bloody awful.

I really like their subs, they are the same as what you pay for a comparable sandwich in a Kelseys,etc. I don't think you can compare iit to heating a sub to scalding-hot in a microwave. Toasted makes the difference. Plus I really like all the sauces.

I used to like Subway with all their different breads, but I found the quality of of the meat and veggies to be somewhat lacking.

Too bad you had a rotten experience, my friends Joe and Mary who own the one at Shorncliffe and Dundas put out a consistently good product.
In fact, I think I'm gonna go get one right now.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 9, 2003
24252 posts
1512 upvotes
Markham, ON
I have no complains on Quinzno's if you got the cash, then get the best.

How bout this scenario...you go to a Mr.Subs or a Subway and the sub preparer cheeses you on meat. That has happened to me on numerous occassions. My favorite is when you go to Wendy's and they give you half full Chili.

At least at Quinzno's they don't screw you.
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
2 upvotes
[QUOTE]But I can sure say it's pretty satisfying and fulling. [/QUOTE]

Geez, where did you learned to spoke?

Quiznos is too expensive, and with subway offering toasted subs, I think they will lose even more of the market share.

Anyone have pricing on toasted subway subs? Or is it simply a free option on a sub?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15924 posts
6109 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:I have no complains on Quinzno's if you got the cash, then get the best.

How bout this scenario...you go to a Mr.Subs or a Subway and the sub preparer cheeses you on meat. That has happened to me on numerous occassions. My favorite is when you go to Wendy's and they give you half full Chili.

At least at Quinzno's they don't screw you.
Every McD's I've gone to gives you McFlurries that are 3/4 full at most. Pisses me right off.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1872 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Kazaam wrote:Geez, where did you learned to spoke?

Quiznos is too expensive, and with subway offering toasted subs, I think they will lose even more of the market share.

Anyone have pricing on toasted subway subs? Or is it simply a free option on a sub?
I learnded to SPOKE english in KANADA. ;)

What can I say? There's the cheap people who prefer quantity over quality. Then there's the person who appreciates quality.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 9, 2003
24252 posts
1512 upvotes
Markham, ON
Kazaam wrote:Geez, where did you learned to spoke?

Quiznos is too expensive, and with subway offering toasted subs, I think they will lose even more of the market share.

Anyone have pricing on toasted subway subs? Or is it simply a free option on a sub?

Subway is toasting subs now?? can anyone confirm this?

Top