Food & Drink

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 10:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1565 upvotes
silentio wrote:Solo, who makes the meats for quiznos please :)
I think cows, chickens and pids. But I maybe mistaken :cheesygri

Sorry couldnt resist
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
I only go there when there's a sick coupon on RFD (which they usually refuse to accept anyways) ... But then I have grounds to complain to head office and get free stuff :)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1867 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Just checked today (I love my 4.5 hour shift once a week), and had a small chicken carbonera with a crapload of different sauces! Tasted pretty good! :D

Anyways, the supplier/distributor for most of the meat products is Gorden Food Services or something. The meat on the otherhand comes in boxes with Quizno's Sub labelled on it and states it's a product of the USA.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Thanks solo!

I'll visit gordon's and see if their stuff is worth it.

Does the steak sub with dipping sauce taste good?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Kazaam wrote: Quiznos is too expensive, and with subway offering toasted subs, I think they will lose even more of the market share.

Anyone have pricing on toasted subway subs? Or is it simply a free option on a sub?
Lose marketshare? They just got into most Canadian markets, so they're not losing anything. And some people prefer quality over quantity. Some people go to Tim's, and get a coffee for $1.50, or others will go to Star Bucks and get a cup there for $5. And all the Star Bucks around here are packed in the morning.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11766 posts
2616 upvotes
Ottawa
I prefer Quiznos over Subway.....they just have tastier subs (love their Bourbon chicken). Their Beef Dip is good too. Subway has nothing even close to equivalent.

The price of a Regular Quiznos vs a Large Subway is about the same anyway, and they both fill me up. So I don't view Quiznos as more expensive.

And the above poster is right, I prefer quality over quantity. I only eat a sub once a week and I don't mind paying a bit more for something I like better. In my poor starving student days, it may have mattered, but the difference in price is just noise considering how much I could have spent eating out (going to full service restaurants instead)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1867 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
silentio wrote:Thanks solo!

I'll visit gordon's and see if their stuff is worth it.

Does the steak sub with dipping sauce taste good?
The steak sub is alright. But it's not really worth it. All we do is use the same buns as the philly cheesesteak and some french onion dressing. IMO, the buns SUCK!

As for the meats, they use the same meat as the normal black angus. IMO, a better deal would be to get a HOT BEEF EATER and put some french onion dressing on it and ask if they sell the gravy separately.

Speaking of gravy, the main ingredient is CORNSTARCH (sp?) and some packets of gravy powder mix.

So it's really up to you, I've tried a beefeater with french onion dressing without the gravy and its still pretty good. But remember to tell them to add some santa fe (orange sauce) dressing on it to make it better. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Ok thanks for the advice! I doubt I'll be visiting quiznos anytime soon given the crazy prices.

How much of a discount do you get being an employee?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1867 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
silentio wrote:Ok thanks for the advice! I doubt I'll be visiting quiznos anytime soon given the crazy prices.

How much of a discount do you get being an employee?
Well the beefeater is only $3.99 :cheesygri , so it's not that bad. But for me, I like junkfood, so I would rather goto McD's and get 2 McDeal's instead if I didn't have an employee discount.

We get 50% :cheesygri . That's the only reason I work once (4-5hours) a week. ;)
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Quizno's is far too over rated. It's better than Mr. Sub and Subway but not for the price you pay. For the price you pay the quality isn't that much better than the other two for me to justify paying $10 for a sub. I'd rather go get me a nice bowl of pasta for that price.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
solo. wrote:Well the beefeater is only $3.99 :cheesygri , so it's not that bad. But for me, I like junkfood, so I would rather goto McD's and get 2 McDeal's instead if I didn't have an employee discount.

We get 50% :cheesygri . That's the only reason I work once (4-5hours) a week. ;)
hrmm 6 inch sub is for feeding birds :) Nothing less than the 9 inch? or the 12 inch is ok for an adult. That will set u back about 8 dollars plus tax (good lord..)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1833 posts
145 upvotes
Central Ontario
Degenerate wrote:Quizno's is far too over rated. It's better than Mr. Sub and Subway but not for the price you pay. For the price you pay the quality isn't that much better than the other two for me to justify paying $10 for a sub. I'd rather go get me a nice bowl of pasta for that price.
Wow, I guess pasta is the best meal ever... is there any food that you don't think is overrated, aside from pasta?
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
JustMike wrote:Wow, I guess pasta is the best meal ever... is there any food that you don't think is overrated, aside from pasta?
it's not the best meal ever but a $10 decent bowl of pasta would be more worth it than any submarine. As for food I find over rated you can check out the over rated food thread that I personally started.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1833 posts
145 upvotes
Central Ontario
To each his own... there's much more to food than pasta. Gotta switch it up now and then. There's nothing wrong with a quality sub. Price ain't everything.