Food & Drink

I don't think I'll be going back to Quiznos for a long time if ever...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 10:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Degenerate wrote:it's not the best meal ever but a $10 decent bowl of pasta would be more worth it than any submarine. As for food I find over rated you can check out the over rated food thread that I personally started.
Hm a decent bowl of pasta... or a great sub? Well, personally i'll take quality over quantity most times.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
bump

since i hate quiznos
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7029 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
I thought Quizno's smalls were 4" or something silly like that, mediums were 8" and large 12". Anyways, its overrated. Decent pasta > drenched sub. Wherever there is a Quiznos around me there is a better food deal somewhere else around the corner.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2002
1680 posts
1 upvote
20 lbs is nothing. my family bought up to a 100lbs of meat before. you just divide it up and freeze it all summer for bbqing.

JustMike wrote:I'm sure they'd be happy to accomodate your needs as long as you're buying 20 lbs at a time... wholesale food distributors have no interest dealing with the public.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4273 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
When it comes to spending on food for myself, honestly, I don't pay particular attention to prices. It's not like I go 3 or 4 times a week. Once every 3-4 weeks an extra few dollars really doesn't bother me.

Value is in the eye of the paying customer. If I like the tastes then I really don't mind spending more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9248 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
wiggy wrote:Quizno's is too $$$.

I like Middle Eastern places that do beef shawarmas. They usually lay the meat on pretty heavy. In downtown Toronto there's a scruffy looking place on the northwest corner of Spadina and Queen, just west of the McDonalds (feh) that serves up an absolutely awesome beef shawarma for cheap. Way tasty. If you're in the city go try it.
I'd agree.. cost me $10 for a combo?? WTF is that?? and I'd wasn't even full from eatting from their half inch sub!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."