Food & Drink

I feel like McDonald's is getting too expensive.

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 6:50 am
Dec 3, 2013
575 posts
870 upvotes
Somewhere over the r…
lecale wrote: I just saw a commercial for the peach passionfruit smoothie & disturbingly there were no straws. I think you need a straw for this sort of drink because it isn't really pourable.

I have not been to McD's since covid - what is their straw situation atm? Can you get 1 if you ask? Or do I have to pack straws to try this drink?
I tried this drink today and I found it to have a really harsh taste. i knew I should have stuck to my mango pineapple. I didn't even notice the straws were not plastic.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11730 posts
6623 upvotes
Worriedone wrote: I tried this drink today and I found it to have a really harsh taste. i knew I should have stuck to my mango pineapple. I didn't even notice the straws were not plastic.
Thanks for the review of both drink & straw.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6913 posts
2900 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote: Holy hell, 2.99 for a McDouble??
Some locations have triple cheeseburger for $3.99. $1 more than McDouble but 1 extra patty + 2 extra slices of cheese
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
Worriedone wrote: I tried this drink today and I found it to have a really harsh taste. i knew I should have stuck to my mango pineapple. I didn't even notice the straws were not plastic.
Firetech wrote: Gonna have to agree to disagree with that one. There’s nothing right about a paper straw and they’ve accomplished their goal of having me drink straight from the cup.
@Firetech You should try the Paper straw @ McDonald's.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
Firetech wrote: Pass.
See? You won't try it. You really don't know. You're clueless. Stop telling people something is no good if you've never used it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Banned
Mar 14, 2022
392 posts
388 upvotes
Outer GTA
playnicee1 wrote: See? You won't try it. You really don't know. You're clueless. Stop telling people something is no good if you've never used it.
I’ve tried it. Not a fan. Carry metal straws in the car now to avoid these. I’ve also agreed that we are going to disagree on this.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4859 posts
1513 upvotes
I like the peach passionfruit smoothie. The peach taste isn't overwhelmingly in your face and the passionfruit is subtle. Good mix. Probably my second favourite after the mango pineapple smoothie. The paper straw was fine and same as any other paper straw.

I happened to get a Starbucks strawberry creme frappuccino (medium, after taxes $6.16 in Ontario) that same weekend and McD's frappes and smoothies (medium, after taxes $3.68) easily taste better and are better value.

Also like that McD Canada uses wood cutlery now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)