I finally solved my new clothing irritation

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 8:32 am
[OP]
Apr 21, 2010
947 posts
58 upvotes

I finally solved my new clothing irritation

Just a little confession and a rant. I was irritated by new clothing since I can remember especially formal things like dress shirts felt crusty and I always thought there was something wrong with me since most people are wearing it with no issues or even talk about it. I always felt worn down instead of me wearing it which is why I felt hesitant buying new clothes .

Then 6 months ago I stumbled upon Organic Cotton and I never heard of it as such so since I am always interested in trying organic anything , I bought a boat load of t shirts from Simmons and Bay and when I got them it was a relief and a revelation. Finally I felt good and non irritated wearing something and I actually wanted to wear it. I have no relation to cotton but conventionally it is extremely loaded with pesticides. Then of course there is the matter of washing things and there was still some irritation after washing it . Then I put some Vitamin C powder in the water phase of washing cycle since I was experimenting with it a lot . Vitamin C is an antioxidant that dissolves chlorine and other oxidants that are infused in water. It works for the bathtub and it worked with the washing cycle . Finally there was no metallic odor that I had to air out.

There it is, organic cotton to get rid of pesticides and vitamin C to get rid of chlorine is what made me like wearing clothing . I have completely switched to organic cotton in the last 6 months. For something that one does all the time, I think it's essential to make it feel natural .
2 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
Maybe ur dress shrts were the wrinkle free type that had formaldehyde?
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3008 upvotes
There are many "cottons", good for you for finding something that works.

The difference between the cheapest and the most expensive 100% cotton fabrics is huge.

I wonder if there are "wrinkle free organic cotton" dress shirts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)