Careers

I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:53 pm
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
Agreed. Let's hope we all get that LOO soon.
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
Hey guys so here’s my journey :

Feb 5: email for oral interview
Feb 11: gave oral interview
Feb 11: conditional offer
Feb 22: security screening
Feb 25: fingerprinting
Mar 12: solicitation of interest
Mar 25: confirmation of availability
Mar 26: manager called to confirm SIN and birth date

The confirmation of availability stated I can choose between Richmond hill or Mississauga processing centre (so no call centre). The email also mentioned training would start April 15 is virtual and would last till June 18. However I haven’t received a solid offer yet so I guess my security screening hasn’t cleared. Also I applied through my university and was required to write an essay with my application package to show my writing skills so I’m guessing that counts for my written exam. But yeah no update since..
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
Bioben wrote: I received solicitation mail too on march 13......for April 15 training nothing since then but decided to mail the person for update earlier but no reply........... I dont know what to do next.
If you don't mind letting us know if they ever reply that email of yours.
Mar 24, 2021
8 posts
3 upvotes
1ton wrote: If you don't mind letting us know if they ever reply that email of yours.
No reply yet...
Mar 24, 2021
8 posts
3 upvotes
maryxo wrote: Hey guys so here’s my journey :

Feb 5: email for oral interview
Feb 11: gave oral interview
Feb 11: conditional offer
Feb 22: security screening
Feb 25: fingerprinting
Mar 12: solicitation of interest
Mar 25: confirmation of availability
Mar 26: manager called to confirm SIN and birth date

The confirmation of availability stated I can choose between Richmond hill or Mississauga processing centre (so no call centre). The email also mentioned training would start April 15 is virtual and would last till June 18. However I haven’t received a solid offer yet so I guess my security screening hasn’t cleared. Also I applied through my university and was required to write an essay with my application package to show my writing skills so I’m guessing that counts for my written exam. But yeah no update since..
I applied from my university too we have almost same timeline...are you international student or local student? because my SIN was never asked at any time.
or was anyone SIN ever asked?
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
Hey I’m a domestic student. And after I confirmed my availability, the hiring manager called me the next day to ask for my SIN and birthdate. She also said if I ever have any questions I can contact her or the other hiring manager involved. I emailed her today asking the status of security clearance since I didn’t get a solid LOO yet and training is like 2 weeks away.
Mar 24, 2021
8 posts
3 upvotes
maryxo wrote: Hey I’m a domestic student. And after I confirmed my availability, the hiring manager called me the next day to ask for my SIN and birthdate. She also said if I ever have any questions I can contact her or the other hiring manager involved. I emailed her today asking the status of security clearance since I didn’t get a solid LOO yet and training is like 2 weeks away.
I confirmed location and availability same day but have not heard anything since that time.....pls keep us updated if you receive LOO or reply from them. thanks
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
Hey yes for sure I will.
Did you get offer for processing or call centre?
And which location?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
So, while we wait......how about that lady at the Scarborough fingerprinting office......
Mar 24, 2021
8 posts
3 upvotes
maryxo wrote: Hey yes for sure I will.
And which location?
Same as yours! did you opt for Richmond Hill?
Feb 25, 2021
41 posts
28 upvotes
coriolis wrote: So, while we wait......how about that lady at the Scarborough fingerprinting office......
Best comment in the thread! Lol
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
No she gave me Richmond hill because I used to live in Whitby but I told her I recently moved to Milton so she gave me the option of Mississauga. But I have friends who work at Mississauga processing and they said we will be working from home for a while apparently according to head manager. I heard processing is a lot more work than call centre. But I’d rather do never ending paperwork than be on phones all day.
Mar 22, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
Bioben wrote: I confirmed location and availability same day but have not heard anything since that time.....pls keep us updated if you receive LOO or reply from them. thanks
As far as I know the we aren't going to be provided contracts till the first day of training. I have spoke with someone from the committee that the availability to accept employment letter is the job offer but nothing official in terms of signing. I see alot of people asking for LOO. Let us know if someone receives something.
Mar 22, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
maryxo wrote: Hey yes for sure I will.
And which location?
Hi Maryxo

If you don't get a reply I would usually reply to the same email chain and would get a reply. I have done this so much times that they have sent me an auto-reply that they have received your email lol

I see you also live in Milton. I have opted in for Mississauga, North York and Toronto but they only offered North York. Kinda bumped down but I'll take what they gave.
Mar 25, 2021
14 posts
20 upvotes
I also received the “confirmation of availability to accept employment” email after responding to which location I wanted. Once I responded saying I’m available to do online training the manager called asking for my SIN and DOB to write the contact. She told me the first day of training (April 15th) is half day in office to sign the contract and then training will be from home the next day. This is for the STC location, for pensions.
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
TH3DRIVER wrote: As far as I know the we aren't going to be provided contracts till the first day of training. I have spoke with someone from the committee that the availability to accept employment letter is the job offer but nothing official in terms of signing. I see alot of people asking for LOO. Let us know if someone receives something.
Well, I can confirm this as well that LOO's won't be official till the 15th. Told me to prepare for more instructions being sent out on Monday 29th. Guess I will be handing in my resignation Monday as soon as I get that email.

Good luck everyone!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
Thank you for the info. I was tempted to give in my resignation today but we had a late lunch gathering for another colleague who is resigning. Bad timing haha. Goodluck everyone.
Mar 22, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
1ton wrote: Well, I can confirm this as well that LOO's won't be official till the 15th. Told me to prepare for more instructions being sent out on Monday 29th. Guess I will be handing in my resignation Monday as soon as I get that email.

Good luck everyone!
Haha. I got the same exact email just a few moments ago for March 29th training instructions.
Mar 24, 2021
8 posts
3 upvotes
TH3DRIVER wrote: Haha. I got the same exact email just a few moments ago for March 29th training instructions.
Did you mail them before they replied you? because I have not received anything since March 13 when I confirmed availability and location. And did u submit SIN at any time?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)