Careers

I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 1:36 pm
Dec 6, 2021
9 posts
Hi,

That means your security clearance and credit check are good. You'll received an email later
Dec 12, 2021
9 posts
3 upvotes
timeport wrote: @snow779 yes, it means you passed security clearance and that if a location needs people, they can choose you. I read that you received an email for two locations. Which two locations did they offer?
Vancouver downtown or Richmond, those are the two locations they provided to me last week. I believed they are still hiring people for other locations as well because they mentioned other locations when they interviewed me a couple month ago.
Dec 12, 2021
9 posts
3 upvotes
Ndesan wrote: Hi,

Which city are you?
I’m in Vancouver. I don’t know the specific training date yet because I just replied their email to confirm my interest. I’m still waiting for them to contact me for further information.
Oct 25, 2021
51 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Hello @snow779
Would you mind sharing your timeline from the time you submitted your application up to time you are placed in pool?
Thanks!
[/quote]
Dec 12, 2021
9 posts
3 upvotes
valjen wrote: Hello @snow779
Would you mind sharing your timeline from the time you submitted your application up to time you are placed in pool?
Thanks!
[/quote]

I submitted application in 2019 and got reply for the online test invitation in Aug 2021. Online Interview happened in September 2021. Security clearance form filled out in Oct and the fingerprint done in Nov. I received the email for the fully-assessed pool last Friday and received the email for confirmation of interest from local service manager at the same day. I replied the email this week and still waiting for their reply for the further information.
Oct 31, 2010
43 posts
3 upvotes
@snow779 I am exactly the same timeline as you, however I picked 3 different locations than you. I am still waiting in the pool
Nov 28, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
Congrats @timeport on making it to the pool and @snow779 on receiving the confirmation of interest! I am on the same timeline as you guys up until the security clearance, I haven't heard anything since submitting the clearance docs. back in October. Hope you guys will hear from them soon!
Dec 16, 2021
38 posts
44 upvotes
Hi everyone,

I recently had a virtual interview with 2 recruiters during the first week of December 2021. I felt I didn't give my best since I do have the tendancy to stutter alot. Though, a week later I got asked to do the written test which I think I did much better on. They have mentioned that they will get back to us regarding the results so I was wondering if anyone who did their written test recently heard back from them? Its been a week since I wrote my test and also I was wondering whether they qualify you to the pool based on both the oral interview and written test, or just based on the written test.
Oct 25, 2021
51 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Hi @Rab1234
Just wondering, any update on your application?
I applied and I got the same message as you. Is this the standard message?
“Your application has been retained you will
Be contacted if further assessment needed.

Thanks Person With Folded Hands
Rab1234 wrote: Has anyone applied for a position and at closing date your application shows result of “your application has been retained you will
Be contacted if further assessment needed” just wondering if it’s a generalized response or actually some basis that it’s gone passed some step.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
valjen wrote: Hi @Rab1234
Just wondering, any update on your application?
I applied and I got the same message as you. Is this the standard message?
“Your application has been retained you will
Be contacted if further assessment needed.

Thanks Person With Folded Hands
This is a standard response so if you applied to another PM-01 like Citizens Services Officer or the Case Processing Agent with Immigration Refugee Canada you will get the same message.
Oct 25, 2021
51 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Hi @badmus
Thanks for you reply.
I thought I was screened out on the first batch and they’re keeping me dor the next batch.
Thanks again.
badmus wrote: This is a standard response so if you applied to another PM-01 like Citizens Services Officer or the Case Processing Agent with Immigration Refugee Canada you will get the same message.
Dec 24, 2021
2 posts
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this forum.

Had applied to the Passport Officer/Citizen Services Officer (Inventory). Currently at the security clearance stage. Just trying to gather my PCC from abroad. Today I randomly received a call from a private number. The lady said she was calling from Toronto Passport Office and asked me if I'd be interesting in working there. I said yes without giving it much thought. Shared my SIN to the ESDC email and asked them to relay it to her. Hesitated to just give out my SIN on the call from a pvt. number. She understood.

Anyway, after reading a few posts on the forum, my question is:
Does the tenure(Permanent/Temporary) of the job depends on the location or is it known irrespective of the location? Are most of you getting permanent position or temporary? How long for temp?

Also, the role might vary depending on the location as well?
Dec 25, 2021
1 posts
That’s a surprise because i would’ve thought they won’t be phoning or emailing anyone over the christmas holiday.

I received the "solicitation of availability and interest" document on Dec 20 (they said deadline to reply is dec 23) and still waiting for their response. The letter states "start date end of January". However, at the end of the document says "this is a confirmation of interest and not an offer of employment". So, I'm not sure if I'm put back into the pool or should anticipate an offer.

Is it frowned upon to email them to follow up on the status a week after sending back the letter of interest?
Last edited by orng26 on Dec 29th, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)