Shopping Discussion

I got trapped in the Ashley Furniture big cheating loop. Please Help!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 4:23 pm
Sep 20, 2018
705 posts
829 upvotes
Montreal
I'd be so annoyed and pissed I'd call my credit card company for a chargeback.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
21288 posts
19642 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Re : Ikea Furniture

They sell an assortment of furniture goods make out of a variety of materials ...
Plastics, Metals, Wicker / Reeds ... Plus
MDF / Particle Board / Fibreboard, Chipboard, Plywood & Laminates / Veneers
Plus Real Woods (they carry a lot of pine)

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ingo-ivar- ... s49097350/

So the Quality stretches across a wide span

Best advice ... always read the Item Description including what it’s made from

* Personally, we’ve bought various things over the years from Ikea
Their goods made from real wood, stand the test of time
Have several pieces (like coffee tables) from the 1980s & 1990s
That still are in use, and definitely look / perform great for their age
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4827 posts
3315 upvotes
Vancouver
Becks wrote: I am glad I read this horror story review of Ashley Furniture. I am never buying anything from them, no matter who else had great service.
Honestly there are horror stories with all the big stores but if you want specific furniture (say whatever ikea/costco/etc has isnt what you want), then your choices are kinda limited. You can still score some decent deals there or at Brick... as long as you know what you are getting into and expect no post sale service. Also probably ideal if you dont need delivery since a lot horror store seems to be related to their delivery service. I.e. i bought a recliner set from brick and picked it up (they were heavy!) but havent had any issue and have used them for almost 2 years now. This is despite Bricks horrible reputation. Of course i didnt get their extended warranty and know exactly what i was getting (as well as explaining it at the spot/warehouse instead of at home).

Basically they could be a nightmare to deal with but sometime they are still a better option/deal. Similar set of recliner from smaller (locally owned) stores would've cost double of what i paid at the Brick (and i did look around) so while i did go above and beyond in terms of research, i did save a decent amount of money and got something i was (and still am) happy with.
Feb 22, 2017
418 posts
474 upvotes
Canada
Paigne wrote: Honestly there are horror stories with all the big stores but if you want specific furniture (say whatever ikea/costco/etc has isnt what you want), then your choices are kinda limited. You can still score some decent deals there or at Brick... as long as you know what you are getting into and expect no post sale service. Also probably ideal if you dont need delivery since a lot horror store seems to be related to their delivery service. I.e. i bought a recliner set from brick and picked it up (they were heavy!) but havent had any issue and have used them for almost 2 years now. This is despite Bricks horrible reputation. Of course i didnt get their extended warranty and know exactly what i was getting (as well as explaining it at the spot/warehouse instead of at home).

Basically they could be a nightmare to deal with but sometime they are still a better option/deal. Similar set of recliner from smaller (locally owned) stores would've cost double of what i paid at the Brick (and i did look around) so while i did go above and beyond in terms of research, i did save a decent amount of money and got something i was (and still am) happy with.

We drove all over Kitchener-Waterloo and everywhere seems to be the same - it's either decently made and priced accordingly but not particularly comfortable looking, or it's Leon's/The Brick/etc. - it did not feel like it was a decent spectrum of choices, and if you're not looking for furniture that 'looks nice' but actually just works to flop down on to watch TV it seems even more limited and the "well built" stores don't actually seem to offer much.

Like just as an example, find a recliner+glider loveseat anywhere else - The Brick was the only place we could.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)