Travel

I got a Westjet refund (through Costco Travel)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 4:13 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver

I got a Westjet refund (through Costco Travel)

Hey guys,

I thought it would be good to let you guys know that Costco Travel has reached an agreement with Westjet to provide a full refund. Since Westjet started to give refunds months ago, I had contacted Costco Travels about it. They said I had to wait a bit longer, but now they sent me an email.

"Dear Costco Traveler,
Costco Travel has reached an agreement with Westjet in regards to your request for a refund rather than an airline credit.
WestJet is now allowing refunds minus applicable cancellation fees based on the terms and conditions at the time of your purchase. Please fill out the following form with your decision to either keep the full value of your credit or to receive a refund minus cancellation fee.
Note that if if you choose a refund you should expect to receive a credit to the original form of payment or a check by mail in 10-14 weeks. We ask that you validate -your mailing address below in the event we need to mail a check.

If you have any questions you may contact us at 1-855-863-0357.

Sincerely,
Costco Travel"

Our departure date was late May of last year to Mexico, so well at the start of covid, and we cancelled at the end of March.
We signed up for a petition with Costco Travel to get a refund from Westjet, so I'm not sure if many of you had this opportunity. If you prefer a full refund instead of credit, see if you can get it, whether you are Costco Travel or not.
3 replies
[OP]
Oct 12, 2007
211 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Oops I made a mistake. There is a cancelation fee. Depending where is the destination, it'll be $100-150.
Jun 10, 2016
300 posts
207 upvotes
Brampton
did they cancel or did you? you should not have to pay a cancellation fee if they are the ones that cancelled!!
Mar 3, 2009
871 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
muscleflex wrote: did they cancel or did you? you should not have to pay a cancellation fee if they are the ones that cancelled!!
That may be, but the OP did not book with Westjet - the OP booked with Costco Travel and so the rules of that travel agent are in effect.

In the future I strongly recommend ONLY booking directly with the airline.