Careers

I just got offered a position with Rogers Retention or Pacific Blue Cross call centre

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2012 6:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 27, 2009
86 posts
9 upvotes

I just got offered a position with Rogers Retention or Pacific Blue Cross call centre

Which company do you think will lead to better long term pay and opportunities?

I'm steering towards PBC because it is union.

What do you guys think?
6 replies
Oct 4, 2007
598 posts
115 upvotes
I'd go for the one that's more relevant to your background.
Say if you're a health science student, PBC is definitely a better choice, as you might discover better positions in the organization that can make use of your skills.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1469 posts
254 upvotes
JeebusIron wrote: Which company do you think will lead to better long term pay and opportunities?

What do you guys think?
Go to Rogers Retentions so you can hook me up with a sweet cell phone retention deal. I'll even toss you a c-note for your troubles.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15997 posts
375 upvotes
niroopg wrote: Go to Rogers Retentions so you can hook me up with a sweet cell phone retention deal. I'll even toss you a c-note for your troubles.
lol +1, never heard of Pacific Blue cross call centre, go with Rogers as it's corporate and much bigger.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2009
86 posts
9 upvotes
JeebusIron wrote: Which company do you think will lead to better long term pay and opportunities?

What do you guys think?
Actually I am wanting to finish my BBA, I just wanted to work full time and part time school because I don't want to be in debt when graduating with no job security. So pay would actually be my number 1 priority thats why I'm leaning towards the union job.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4455 posts
2109 upvotes
Calgary

What do you guys think?
Both are call centers; they won't really amount to any progression either way on their own. That said, PBC looks like the better choice out of the two, get the most pay out of it as you can.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1469 posts
254 upvotes
I recommend Rogers Retentions position + craiglist offer for personal Retentions service @ $100 per account. Best bang for the buck.