I need a jumbo pickle

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2019 5:41 pm
Tags:
Nov 17, 2003
108 posts
19 upvotes

I need a jumbo pickle

You know the kind that used to be found in gas stations all over the place. They come single serving, in a bag.

Anybody know where to get one?
38 replies
Nov 17, 2003
108 posts
19 upvotes
Hmmm... checked Metro but didn't see anything. I'll take another look.

Same with Walmart.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
My local (North London) TSC always has them (regular, hot).
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2854 posts
2860 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
Based on the thread title, I was almost afraid to click (good title though :twisted: )

Are there any Jewish delis, or delis around you?
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
what's the advantage of having a jumbo pickle? in this case size shouldn't matter should it...in terms of texture and flavour?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
ShoNuff2 wrote: what's the advantage of having a jumbo pickle? in this case size shouldn't matter should it...in terms of texture and flavour?
Its just a better experience eating a big fat girthy pickle. Like a jumbo italian sausage. Extra hot & spicy if you know what i'm saying.
Or a XL coffee on a sleepy morning... Something hot and black will wake you up for sure!
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
That's what she said!
Big Fat wrote: You know the kind that used to be found in gas stations all over the place. They come single serving, in a bag.

Anybody know where to get one?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Its just a better experience eating a big fat girthy pickle. Like a jumbo italian sausage. Extra hot & spicy if you know what i'm saying.
Or a XL coffee on a sleepy morning... Something hot and black will wake you up for sure!
i have a sneaking suspicion op misinterpreted their s.o. when they said they were craving a big fat jumbo pickle.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
The Jumbo pickle also comes and goes from various gas stations.
Stick with the ones that still set aside a pre packed sandwich section. (Petro Can super stop, maybe?)
On the run had one, but since the change to Circle K, it got replaced with pop and slushies.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Nov 17, 2003
108 posts
19 upvotes
No dice at Walmart, Fortinos, Shoppers Drug Mart or TSC.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Big Fat wrote: No dice at Walmart, Fortinos, Shoppers Drug Mart or TSC.
Actually, I am surprised SDM does not have them. Especially the newly renovated stores that have the extra space on the shelf without a problem.
Be sure to check Petro Canada, or, if lucky, an On the Run that has not yet been renovated into a Circle K. (they won't yet have the new pop/slushie section)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd like to try one. I'm heading to Chicago this weekend so I'm sure I'll be able to find a Van Holten jumbo pickle at Walgreens or Trader Joe's or something
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)