Real Estate

I thought real estate only goes up in world class cities?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 8:46 am
[OP]
Banned
Nov 18, 2014
824 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON

I thought real estate only goes up in world class cities?

Like Chicago

What is the likelihood that this could happen in Toronto and how do you prepare?
Thread Summary
Permabulls getting rekt
65 replies
[OP]
Banned
Nov 18, 2014
824 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Or in the suburbs of nyc. 9 rosemere ct

[OP]
Banned
Nov 18, 2014
824 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just a couple of examples I saw posted.

Any guesses when these will recover? It’s been decades
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12576 posts
7808 upvotes
This is nauseating. There is no one on this planet that has said that every single piece of real estate will go up in the short term no matter the house/area/climate. Seriously, who are you arguing with?

Over the LONG TERM, real estate tends to appreciate in value. How much was that house 30 years ago? 40? 50? This is nothing short of trolling. Just like how you can pick an example of a home price falling, I can show you plenty of examples of home prices appreciating. What would be your response if I told you my mom's house purchased in 95 for $200K is now worth $1M? Damn she was so foolish to buy that house. Fool went on to buy other properties with that money and pass that knowledge down to her dumb kid who bought multiple properties. Fools!!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19233 posts
3360 upvotes
Toronto
rkanwar109 wrote: just a couple of examples I saw posted.

Any guesses when these will recover? It’s been decades
Looks like you struck a nerve. This is three threads now that Jay has immediately followed your posts with posts insinuating you're a terrible person for pointing out that house prices can decrease.
Dec 14, 2018
34 posts
21 upvotes
rkanwar109 wrote: Like Chicago

What is the likelihood that this could happen in Toronto and how do you prepare?
It does just like stocks even though stocks are down 20% from all time high a few months ago
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2082 posts
2161 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: Looks like you struck a nerve. This is three threads now that Jay has immediately followed your posts with posts insinuating you're a terrible person for pointing out that house prices can decrease.
I think this op post just shows how immature and insecure bears are, they just looking for any help right now, posting anything they can find, even when it has nothing to do with Canadian RE.

Potetic, Hahaha. Enjoy life without your own RE.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9615 posts
7203 upvotes
rkanwar109 wrote: Like Chicago

The Chicago area has been losing the most population in the United States.

See here:
http://www.chicagonow.com/life-tv-dinne ... n-to-zero/

Oh and here:
https://www.minnpost.com/economy/2018/1 ... minnesota/

But hey... look at here... Toronto's population is booming! As said by our own bleeding heart liberal newspaper! Tho i guess a few pockets of the GTA lost population whomp whomp but overall population growth is strong.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... mpton.html
Last edited by Sanyo on Dec 20th, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9615 posts
7203 upvotes
rkanwar109 wrote: Or Miami

3853 pine lake dr

Wow I will admit... 148k to over a mil in 5 years... god damn someone made off like a bandit :) Can you name me a house in the GTA that went up over 5fold in 5 years? Or 16fold in 15 years?

I mean if that happened here where a house went up 100% a year for 5 years i dunno man...
Last edited by Sanyo on Dec 20th, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9615 posts
7203 upvotes
Plus OP your posting on Metrolinx time... I dunno if they would like their hR coordinator posting up stuff on company time... i know you wouldnt like rodney in marketing posting on RFD on company time :)
Jan 27, 2018
297 posts
229 upvotes
Posting price drops in rural cow pastures in US is comparing TO?

LOL
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2003
3708 posts
462 upvotes
Maybe if you bears spent time on something more productive than trying to find properties that sold for less in South Barrington you'd own a house.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.