Expired Hot Deals

$299 Apple Watch 38mm Aluminum Sports Gold w Antique white band (refurb)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2016 6:14 pm
[OP]
Jul 1, 2014
27 posts
42 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC

$299 Apple Watch 38mm Aluminum Sports Gold w Antique white band (refurb)

Deal Link:
Price:
First time poster, please delete of no good.

Saw this on IBMEPP, seems good. Anyone have experience getting refurbished watch from them?

42mm Silver with white band and Space gray with black band is also available for $364.65.

Thanks.
21 replies
[OP]
Jul 1, 2014
27 posts
42 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Hate to be bumping my own thread buy I'm stuck right now. The Watch vs Kickstarter Pebble Time 2.

Any thoughts? The Time 2 comes to $235 cad incl. shipping (not sure about tax) and this is about $100 more.

(Please let me know if I broke any rules!)
Apr 20, 2004
321 posts
19 upvotes
Jaytseng0303 wrote: Hate to be bumping my own thread buy I'm stuck right now. The Watch vs Kickstarter Pebble Time 2.

Any thoughts? The Time 2 comes to $235 cad incl. shipping (not sure about tax) and this is about $100 more.

(Please let me know if I broke any rules!)
really two completely different products. I owned and returned an android wear watch. 1) hated charging another thing every night (sometimes twice a day). 2) I actually needed a watch, constantly flicking my wrist to try and activate the screen got annoying quick. 3) I don't like The pebble company, but damnit their product works for me. battery lasts a week, and i get a watch that gives me notifications. i do wish it had some of the better voice commands.

I'd recommend either getting a Pebble time 2 or waiting for next gen apple watch if you're still tempted. this gen 1 product definitely felt more like a test device for apple rather than a real product
Nov 21, 2010
486 posts
314 upvotes
Surrey
mapleleafz06 wrote: this gen 1 product definitely felt more like a test device for apple rather than a real product
As with most gen 1 products from Apple... I'm waiting for Apple Watch 2 or maybe even 3 before they get any real traction. In the mean time, KickStarter OG pebble will do the trick.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2256 posts
886 upvotes
jonathanvvwang wrote: I thought these products were for IBM employees only.
Guess they didn't want them neither so they are offered to the public lol
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
tilley wrote: Ordered. Thanks OP
Was that Canadian or US funds that you paid for the watch.
May 26, 2006
246 posts
128 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: This is in USD you fools.
Nope. Canadian. My visa was just processed at $314....... "You fool"
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3750 posts
1007 upvotes
Calgary
Pretty decent price. I'm tempted of the 42mm one but I gotta wait for version 2
[OP]
Jul 1, 2014
27 posts
42 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
tilley wrote: Ordered. Thanks OP
@Tilley, can you please reply with condition when you receive? Please and thanks!!
Aug 1, 2011
73 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI - I got the 42mm from IBM, it was delayed a bit due to Purolator dealing with extra mail because of CP. I was pleasantly surprised that the Apple Watch I got came in basically perfect condition, no marks, scratches or anything really (I'm a pretty picky individual when it comes to condition). Last time I ordered from IBM I got an Ipad air that wasn't in great condition (dings in all the corners and bottom, scratches on the back etc etc). I've used it for the past three days and get about 18 hours of battery life, so definitely pleased with it so far, thanks OP.
Aug 27, 2012
230 posts
143 upvotes
Victoria
I'm on my fourth Apple watch. Thankfully I bought Applecare. I wouldn't buy one from anybody other than Apple so that I can get Applecare. Last I had a dead pixel, before that the screen would randomly go black and was flickering, the first time I got a row of dead pixels.

I love the watch, but don't get one without Applecare.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3985 posts
725 upvotes
Windsor
thebomb21 wrote: FYI - I got the 42mm from IBM, it was delayed a bit due to Purolator dealing with extra mail because of CP. I was pleasantly surprised that the Apple Watch I got came in basically perfect condition, no marks, scratches or anything really (I'm a pretty picky individual when it comes to condition). Last time I ordered from IBM I got an Ipad air that wasn't in great condition (dings in all the corners and bottom, scratches on the back etc etc). I've used it for the past three days and get about 18 hours of battery life, so definitely pleased with it so far, thanks OP.
How was the packaging? Was it a plain box or retail packaging?
Aug 1, 2011
73 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
It was in a plain box, not an Apple Box. They have been refurbished by Apple, as apple has set my serial numbers purchase date to 1978 (I checked with Apple), so you aren't able to purchase apple care after the fact, unlike other apple products that still have Apple warranty left over on them. That being said my watch was pretty much in perfect condition so not too worried.
Aug 21, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
mapleleafz06 wrote: 1) hated charging another thing every night (sometimes twice a day). 2) I actually needed a watch, constantly flicking my wrist to try and activate the screen got annoying quick.
YMMV depending on watch but I've never had those issues, 2 day battery is enough and always on screen works great. You shouldn't have to flick your wrist either, only to use gestures, screen goes to full mode whenever its at a position to be looked at by the user.

Wear has the best android app selection and functionality I've found, and over time it just keeps getting better and better.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1547 posts
240 upvotes
Hamilton
Apple website, the same watch is $299
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3985 posts
725 upvotes
Windsor
tester85 wrote: apple website, the same watch is $299