Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IBM

Apple MacBook refurb (2015) core M 8gb RAM 256gb SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2016 7:00 am
Sep 19, 2005
277 posts
123 upvotes
Calgary
Having used many different makes and models (Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony) I am still split brain about the hardware vs os/sw. And value I measure by desired features for price as well as daily satisfaction.

Mac... the physical unibody size, form, battery life and keyboard consistently give me satisfaction. The OS and Office... Enough annoyances for work and home.

PC... it is more reverse being accustomed with Win7. Only as of recent like latest XPS 13 and Win10 can the gap of value for me is closing... Maybe surpass. Having said this initial sales can be better.

For resale I still believe that Mac will find a used buyer willing to pay the premium.
Jul 29, 2009
572 posts
419 upvotes
It takes a true fanboy to buy a $35 computer in a $1300 case. Lost their founder and Apple is starting to rot.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1130 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville
EugW wrote: The Pros are rumoured to get a redesign this summer. Do now is the wrong time to buy a Pro unless you absolutely need it.
Point is that Apple rarely does or ever does a redesign. A processor or new interface is the usual.

The point here is comparing the Macbook to the Pro. I would not buy the MacBook at almost the same price as the Pro Retina.
Oct 29, 2013
54 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
They called me to confirm the billing and shipping address before releasing the product. But then they asked me if I knew someone that worked at IBM and then proceeded to ask me what the employees serial number and name.
They're saying this is only for friends and family of IBM employees, not for the main public. She said she will call me back to see if she can make an exception, but I don't really recommend anyone risk lying over a few dollars in discount.
I made a fool out of myself, when she asked for the name of the employee and I didn't know what to say... I felt like bad, having to lie to get a discount. Wouldn't do it again if I had the choice.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1888 posts
656 upvotes
dealmooch wrote: It takes a true fanboy to buy a $35 computer in a $1300 case. Lost their founder and Apple is starting to rot.
I'd love to find a comparable laptop for $35...please send me a link where I can buy one. Or did you only come here to troll and provide nothing?
Aug 31, 2010
972 posts
202 upvotes
Victoria
MGSayah wrote: They called me to confirm the billing and shipping address before releasing the product. But then they asked me if I knew someone that worked at IBM and then proceeded to ask me what the employees serial number and name.
They're saying this is only for friends and family of IBM employees, not for the main public. She said she will call me back to see if she can make an exception, but I don't really recommend anyone risk lying over a few dollars in discount.
I made a fool out of myself, when she asked for the name of the employee and I didn't know what to say... I felt like bad, having to lie to get a discount. Wouldn't do it again if I had the choice.
Yeah, this is a very bad experience. But as a friend, we don't have to know their employee serial number. That is tough
Jan 6, 2008
368 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin8se7en wrote: You're right... Under the very specific circumstance where someone wants tupgrade their $1000+ laptop in 2-3 years, then yes... The Mac offer better value.

Under virtually every other circumstance, the PC offers better value. Mac generally cost 25%+ more for the same thing.

Seeing as it was never mentioned that reselling was going to happen at all, I fail to see why it was even mentioned at all. You don't buy things to sell them.. You buy things to keep them. Real Estate being the exception.

Also, If someone buys a $1000+ laptop and sells it every 2-3 years for 50% of what they paid, I don't think that person is very value-oriented.
Fully agreed with you. That said, there is one more aspect which for me is really important. And that is the user experience. I am one of those guys that use OS X and Windows 7 and 10 literally every single day, due to my job and the type of computers I have at home. I have to say that OS X provides me with a significant better user experience - OS X features and the multi gesture trackpad I found them unrivaled so far. That alone would make me stick with OS X. It goes w/o saying that for gaming, Windows is the go-to choice.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Link dead? shows as an error page.
"The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below. "
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
MGSayah wrote: They called me to confirm the billing and shipping address before releasing the product. But then they asked me if I knew someone that worked at IBM and then proceeded to ask me what the employees serial number and name.
IBM didn't use to ask for the referral until last week price errors on Macs. I guess many hoarders placed multiple orders to flip them on kijiji. Since the deal is restricted (quantity, affinity, etc) these unusual orders triggered some alarms about the program being abused.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
aviador wrote: IBM didn't use to ask for the referral until last week price errors on Macs. I guess many hoarders placed multiple orders to flip them on kijiji. Since the deal is restricted (quantity, affinity, etc) these unusual orders triggered some alarms about the program being abused.
They also never really had any good deals until the price error last week.
Sep 19, 2005
277 posts
123 upvotes
Calgary
cacamaca I'm surprised by your user experience opinion. Office 2016 sucks on Mac for stability. El Cap has crashed more times on me than my Win 10 box since its inception. I almost think its some conspiracy by Microsoft... On crash I can't even recover docs most times. And connecting to servers on AD domain cumbersome.

Oddly I endure or workaround just for its saving grace of physical form and function.
Jan 6, 2008
368 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
wowzas wrote: cacamaca I'm surprised by your user experience opinion. Office 2016 sucks on Mac for stability. El Cap has crashed more times on me than my Win 10 box since its inception. I almost think its some conspiracy by Microsoft... On crash I can't even recover docs most times. And connecting to servers on AD domain cumbersome.

Oddly I endure or workaround just for its saving grace of physical form and function.
As I said, that is my user experience. I'm sure though that I am the only one in this world who has been lucky to have a great OS X user experience :-). So, consider that the exception to the rule that OS X sucks. ;-)
Nov 7, 2011
865 posts
919 upvotes
British Columbia
beerbear9 wrote: Make sure you try the keyboard in store before you buy this. The keyboard is nearly not usable IMO, very little distance and feedback.
I keep hearing this, but I have written two hundred pages of my novel over the past month and change, and I love it.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2185 posts
363 upvotes
Canada
Its is 15 months total , that is why it is called and Extended warrenty they extend the 3 months
Necrosis wrote: When you read the conditions on the warranty, I don't think the 1 year extended is in addition to the basic 3 month plan - so I think the total is actually 1 year and not 15 months. You can look at the terms for repair/warranty and it outlines this.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
cacamaca wrote: As I said, that is my user experience. I'm sure though that I am the only one in this world who has been lucky to have a great OS X user experience :-). So, consider that the exception to the rule that OS X sucks. ;-)
that is always the case anyway :-)

just the same the my experience of WP is exceptionally good or someone else love their Linux desktop to death

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)