• Dec 4th, 2018 12:53 am
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24962 posts
2974 upvotes
Hamilton
YYCcalgarydeals wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 4:29 pm
I got the apple store in Calgary to just check to see if maybe it was a minor issue they could fix. They said they couldn't find out exactly what it was, but also said they couldn't check further into it without charging me since the warranty was technically with IBM.
But the guy mentioned it could be a chip that needed to be replaced which could be up to $100, or the entire logic board (which seems to be a common issue with the newer usb-c macs) which would be about a $600 repair.

Did you go thru IBM warranty.

Any updates?
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Dec 4, 2013
104 posts
222 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yao416 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 9:37 pm
Did you go thru IBM warranty.

Any updates?

Yup. They sent me a shipping label and got me to send them the laptop back in a box.
However they weird part about it was that instead of sending me a replacement unit, they just refunded my card. I didn't even realize they had done it until I happened to check my credit card statement. I was confused and called their customer service as it said in the warranty terms they would send me a replacement of the equivalent or better model. The lady on the phone told me they didn't have anymore macbooks so had to refund my money.
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
I don't like refurbished products though they are cheaper.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2031 posts
2034 upvotes
Living the dream
raccoon wrote:
Mar 26th, 2018 1:05 pm
it not a brand new, check you white box, it is a republished box
smervd wrote:
May 1st, 2018 9:53 pm
I don't like refurbished products though they are cheaper.

It not a refurbished, it a republished, so it better deal.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do
Feb 26, 2007
221 posts
146 upvotes
I have bought 100+ of these from IBM for our charity and most of them have been spotless, untouched almost. No DOAs or major issues.
Dec 25, 2009
661 posts
139 upvotes
is there any code to enter the site? I tried all hte links in the thread and none of them showing the macbook...
Aug 1, 2011
65 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
Fyi they only have Rose Gold in stock right now. I had an issue with mine that I got back in November. Warranty dept was easy to deal with and they offered to replace it but were out of space grey so issued me a refund. I really liked the size and display but this model had issues. Its too bad they dont make the older airs with a retina display.
Dec 25, 2009
661 posts
139 upvotes
thebomb21 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 3:50 am
Fyi they only have Rose Gold in stock right now. I had an issue with mine that I got back in November. Warranty dept was easy to deal with and they offered to replace it but were out of space grey so issued me a refund. I really liked the size and display but this model had issues. Its too bad they dont make the older airs with a retina display.
How did u get their stock info? I can't even see the MacBook on the page, just lists a single Lenovo laptop on the links shared in this thread.
Apr 27, 2010
603 posts
223 upvotes
YYCcalgarydeals wrote:
May 1st, 2018 9:48 pm

Yup. They sent me a shipping label and got me to send them the laptop back in a box.
However they weird part about it was that instead of sending me a replacement unit, they just refunded my card. I didn't even realize they had done it until I happened to check my credit card statement. I was confused and called their customer service as it said in the warranty terms they would send me a replacement of the equivalent or better model. The lady on the phone told me they didn't have anymore macbooks so had to refund my money.
Super weird, considering you didn’t have a chance to wipe the drive or anything. Friendly reminder that people should always have FileVault turned on.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3581 posts
952 upvotes
I think ibm is sold out of their 2015 and 2016 macbooks. Now we can wait for the 2017 and 2018 to come out!
Dec 25, 2009
661 posts
139 upvotes
t_waly7 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 1:03 pm
It doesn’t work for me. All I see is a thinkpad.
Yeah same, mentioned it but no one seems to be replying. ANyway if they're out of the macbooks, this thread is dead.
Jan 12, 2013
443 posts
354 upvotes
Halifax
wadokai wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 3:06 am
Yeah same, mentioned it but no one seems to be replying. ANyway if they're out of the macbooks, this thread is dead.
I emailed about 3 weeks ago and all they had was a rose gold MacBook. It wasn’t showing up on the website at the time. It seems that lately you can only either call, chat or email to see if they have stock.

Note that they will send you a payment link but they will also look to confirm either an employee referral or a small business registration before releasing the order in most situations.

I decided not to go through with the purchase but that is my experience. (Due to colour and also that these MacBooks have the 1st generation butterfly keyboard and not the improved upon 2nd generation).
Dec 25, 2009
661 posts
139 upvotes
TBBA29 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 6:50 am
I emailed about 3 weeks ago and all they had was a rose gold MacBook. It wasn’t showing up on the website at the time. It seems that lately you can only either call, chat or email to see if they have stock.

Note that they will send you a payment link but they will also look to confirm either an employee referral or a small business registration before releasing the order in most situations.

I decided not to go through with the purchase but that is my experience. (Due to colour and also that these MacBooks have the 1st generation butterfly keyboard and not the improved upon 2nd generation).
So is there any way to get the order through if you're note a small business?? lol
May 12, 2012
237 posts
94 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
wadokai wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 5:24 am
How did u get their stock info? I can't even see the MacBook on the page, just lists a single Lenovo laptop on the links shared in this thread.
When u go on the site try live chatting with a rep... thats how I did it a few months ago... they can tell u whats available