15 months li
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
22 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15410 posts
1291 upvotes
Scarborough
so THIS is why new phones are so expensive... so that 2 generation old refurb phones can still sell for over $500.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1192 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought my iphone 6s 64 gig last October for $525...so don't think this is a good deal, some people are selling their 7's for $550-700.
Jul 21, 2011
496 posts
298 upvotes
Knowhere
Koodo had iphone 6s 32g for 360- ish after all the coupon/referal/season hold/gift cards. And it is brand new with all the apple accessories.

Iphone 7 might just hit that price during bf this year. Better wait a bit and see.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5949 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Last iPhone with headphone jack. That's probably worth something.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
Don't forget to add HST to that total. Price it too high. I just grabbed a iPhone 7 on Kijiji yesterday in mint condition for $600 unlocked. You just have to be patient.
Dec 1, 2013
146 posts
303 upvotes
lightmeup wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 9:52 am
Koodo had iphone 6s 32g for 360- ish after all the coupon/referal/season hold/gift cards. And it is brand new with all the apple accessories.

Iphone 7 might just hit that price during bf this year. Better wait a bit and see.
Mind showing me the source? I've been trying to locate this deal and multiple people have mentioned it, but aside from London Drugs I have yet to locate this deal (I don't have London Drugs nearby).

On topic with this deal, the price is not hot, but I would not say it is cold either. There are definitely some pros and cons for getting this deal:

Pros:
-Guaranteed to get one in good condition, if it's bad you can just return it.
-Decently priced if compared to buying it from a retail store
-Still has the headphone jack
-You are the rightful owner of the phone <-- Important!
-Almost the same as the iPhone 7 plus or 8 plus

Cons:
-More expensive than buying it from the secondary market
-Phone is 2 years old already
-Not waterproof
-You have to wait at least 1 week for the phone
-Requires IBM to check if you are affiliated with the company in any way
-Missing accessories/accessories are used
-Phone is technically used

The biggest plus from buying from IBM is that you are GUARANTEED ownership of the phone. Why is this important? The biggest risk of buying an expensive phone from the secondary market (kijiji/ebay) is that there is always a chance that you may get icloud locked, tagged as stolen, or blacklisted in the future which essentially makes your phone practically useless aside for parts. While icloud locked can be preventable if you check it out beforehand, the phone can always still be tagged as stolen or blacklisted anytime in the future by the initial owner of the phone. The original owner can simply say that their phone is stolen, show the original proof of ownership and then you are essentially out of the money you paid for the phone for. By buying from IBM, if your phone gets randomly locked by a hacker through your icloud, or gets randomly blacklisted, you can easily go to the apple store/ibm customer care and get that issue solved. You won't get much help if bought from the secondary market. If you do not have proof of ownership, Apple will provide 0 help for your locked/blacklisted phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1140 posts
352 upvotes
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 10:10 am
Don't forget to add HST to that total. Price it too high. I just grabbed a iPhone 7 on Kijiji yesterday in mint condition for $600 unlocked. You just have to be patient.
Buying an iPhone on Kijiji would be a gamble!
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
comp_freak wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:30 am
Not at all, we met at the Apple Store and had the iPhone all verified before I purchased. Easy process.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20364 posts
139156 upvotes
GTA
comp_freak wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:30 am
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:40 am
Not at all, we met at the Apple Store and had the iPhone all verified before I purchased. Easy process.
Except there's a chance that everything can check out at time of sale, and some months later it will be reported stolen/blacklisted, that's the risk you take on Kijiji, especially for Apple/Samsung phones.
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
toguy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:48 am
Except there's a chance that everything can check out at time of sale, and some months later it will be reported stolen/blacklisted, that's the risk you take on Kijiji, especially for Apple/Samsung phones.
Been buying on Kijiji for 10+ years never a problem. Just have to do your do diligence. You can tell a buyer immediately if they are trust worthy.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1140 posts
352 upvotes
Kimberlee1 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:40 am
Were you able to transfer IMEI on your name? What if it's get blacklisted after few months? I used to buy phones on kijiji too. But I have heard couple of horror stories from RFD and others.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1611 posts
321 upvotes
comp_freak wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 1:26 pm
Were you able to transfer IMEI on your name? What if it's get blacklisted after few months? I used to buy phones on kijiji too. But I have heard couple of horror stories from RFD and others.
i've bought and sold several phones on kijij a couple years ago, never any issues