Expired Hot Deals

Xiaomi Piston Earphones - $19 US shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2017 3:59 pm
Jul 23, 2014
90 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I just did an audio comparison between the real ones and the fakes. The fakes are actually slightly louder, and are more bass biased. At maximum volume on my PC it sounds like they're just starting to distort a little bit, which the real ones dont. However, the real ones have significantly better mid range and especially high frequency treble. Listening to them back to back i realize with the fakes i'd be missing so much content in music.
Mar 1, 2011
315 posts
179 upvotes
Saskatoon
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: I ordered from Merimobiles but didnt select a colour (Color(s) None). Is this an issue? was I supposed to select brown?
There is only one colour for these - chocolate/gold. You should be fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4405 posts
2413 upvotes
Ordered on the beginning of the month like July 1st from ibuygou, two earphones, still no delivery. Sad Panda.

[IMG]http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv3/ ... dpanda.png[/IMG]
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
May 24, 2006
101 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: Ordered on the beginning of the month like July 1st from ibuygou, two earphones, still no delivery. Sad Panda.
Did they provide any tracking information for your order?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4405 posts
2413 upvotes
kwarwick wrote: Did they provide any tracking information for your order?
No.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1168 posts
77 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ordered from ibuygou on the 8th, received on the 18th. No tracking info received.

Headphones dig into my ears a bit (metal casing bites into ear cartilage in the back). I've replaced the stock buds with ones from my shure e2cs and they fit like a charm. Also ordered comply foam buds T400s. Those are supposedly great for sound isolation and comfort.

Great deal, great headphones. Thanks OP!
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4405 posts
2413 upvotes
fishlips20 wrote: Ordered from ibuygou on the 8th, received on the 18th. No tracking info received.

Headphones dig into my ears a bit (metal casing bites into ear cartilage in the back). I've replaced the stock buds with ones from my shure e2cs and they fit like a charm. Also ordered comply foam buds T400s. Those are supposedly great for sound isolation and comfort.

Great deal, great headphones. Thanks OP!
Ahhh geez, you got em quick.... :(
Sep 1, 2010
251 posts
70 upvotes
I've also received my pair within 20 days from Merimobiles. Sound quality of the earphones is very good (I would not say it's the best that I've heard for IEM).

Rubber buds that they came with are garbage from my point of view since they do not adhere to the skin, and the buds end up falling out of my ears. I've replaced those with a stickier type of rubber, and they are good now.

I appreciate the fact that they are very light, though the design is not perfect. The metal casing ends up touching my ear and causing some discomfort. The edge that makes contact is a very 'grippy' one, also a bit sharp, and feels very strange against the skin. I almost gave up on them because of that, but they are now getting a second chance, due to their good sound performance.
Jun 27, 2012
805 posts
1413 upvotes
Anyone know good tips to put on these? I've tried all 4 sizes they come with and they always fall out if I move my head or start eating.
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
ludhi wrote: http://www.pandawill.com/original-xiaom ... 88022.html

http://www.merimobiles.com/xiaomi-pisto ... ri8529.htm

hey guys i see a dif in price between these 2. Is the price low because of the diff in quality or the gold ones just cost more?
thsoe black ones are 1st gen, the merimobiles one are version 2.1 that everyone is buying. Go for the merimobiles ones
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4729 posts
2642 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered on the 11th from Meri-mobiles and they came today. Quite impressive for the price and I haven't even broken them in yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)