Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Piston Earphones - $19 US shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2017 3:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2011
2040 posts
1091 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email back from Pandawill asking for some documents. I did a guest check out.

Since the price went back up going to buy from Merimobiles. Also some foam tips.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
BadDealAssassin wrote: ...................

Did you let them burn in?

Anyways, to everyone else who has them, I'm seriously
considering them for use with my vita, 3ds & phone but
I've experienced pain with other buds & I'm not looking
to willfully subject myself to that again....

Is there any foam buds that can be picked up from
dollarama or walmart that'll fix that problem?
buy the tips for $3 from ebay. see my review on page 57
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: [...] They are a little difficult to install but easy enough to get done once I realized how flexible they were, and they hold firmly in place. [...]
You just popped them on, right? No extra work required? Also, any thoughts if tri flange tips exist that would fit these?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
nsd wrote: You just popped them on, right? No extra work required? Also, any thoughts if tri flange tips exist that would fit these?
they dont pop on per se. you need to slide them in on one side and then pull them over to the other side (they are stretchy that way). i like tri flange earphones, but since trying foam for the 1st time i have to say that I like them better. i dont currently have tri flange tips (i used to in the past) so i cant comment on how well they could fit. If you look at my pictures you will see that they add just enough extra length to distance the metal of the earphones from chafing your ears.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Bah ... I'm such a sucker for the low priced high value audio gear. Gf and I rock pairs of Monoprice buds, they're pretty sweet for their price - but they always get tangled into a mess and the cable quality is garbage (fraying like crazy).

How are the quality of these guys, and their sound in comparison if anyone has tried both?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: they dont pop on per se. you need to slide them in on one side and then pull them over to the other side (they are stretchy that way).[...]
So then have the tips ever come off when you pulled the headphones out of your ears? I've tried foam in the past as well but for whatever reason I always go back to triple flange :) Thanks for the insight!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
nsd wrote: So then have the tips ever come off when you pulled the headphones out of your ears? I've tried foam in the past as well but for whatever reason I always go back to triple flange :) Thanks for the insight!
once in place they weem to hold very well and tightly. they are difficult to remove and so far never popped off or even got loose
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
I want to buy another pair, but I'm afraid they'll be another revision soon. /:
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
laststar wrote: I want to buy another pair, but I'm afraid they'll be another revision soon. /:
There is already the white box version that comes with a carry bag, apparently a winning IF commemorative packaging, same phones i believe.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: Review - Headset + tips

**Another really great thing about them is that they are longer than the rubber tips, meaning everyone who finds that the metal xiaomi's chafes their ears would definitely do well to get these because they distance the metal from your ear.
Thanks for this advice. I ordered a set of the foam tips. The sharp edge chafing my ears was the only major downside to these buds (other than the chocolatey smell, and no fibre coating on the upper portion of the cables.)

As an aside, I wonder if the "Piston" name came first, then the design, or vice versa. If it was the former, they should have rounded the outer metal edges and called them "Bullets" instead...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
MrFrugal1 wrote: Thanks for this advice. I ordered a set of the foam tips. The sharp edge chafing my ears was the only major downside to these buds (other than the chocolatey smell, and no fibre coating on the upper portion of the cables.)

As an aside, I wonder if the "Piston" name came first, then the design, or vice versa. If it was the former, they should have rounded the outer metal edges and called them "Bullets" instead...
Glad I could help. Obviously thefit is different for everyone since ears are so abstract, but hopefully the added length does the trick for you. On a side note, I actually saw bullet earphones once. They looked way too wannabe gangster
Oct 22, 2006
177 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone else ordered from Pandawill and have the status of the order staying at "Pending" for few days? Was your order confirmed right away?
They still haven't replied my email when I tried to contact them
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
bbgunner wrote: Anyone else ordered from Pandawill and have the status of the order staying at "Pending" for few days? Was your order confirmed right away?
They still haven't replied my email when I tried to contact them
I ordered it on the 5th. I don't believe I ever saw the status at Pending. I feel like it was at Processing on the night I ordered it then it was shipped the next day. If they haven't responded to your email, try contacting them via their live chat.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
How is the sound quality from these earphones? Is it same as the headphones?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
the OP's link is 404'ed
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
test9251 wrote: How is the sound quality from these earphones? Is it same as the headphones?
Not sure what you are asking here. These are more than decent quality ear buds for the price. I don't know of any headphones from this supplier, but if you take the time to read through the thread, you'll find a link to a headphone forum (sorry I can't remember the site) that goes into detail about these buds. Perhaps they have a comparison to headphones.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
osuman wrote: price increase? ICE cold :lol:
Is this where people buy it? I think I've seen some posts saying that they bought them elsewhere. Im thinking of buying a pair
I ordered mine from Pandawill when it was on sale for USD$16.99. It's not on sale now, but it's still a little cheaper than ibuygou at USD$21.99.
http://www.pandawill.com/original-xiaom ... 84667.html