255 upvotes

ibVPN - 50% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
January 28, 2014
Just got promo email from ibVPN:

[QUOTE]Every year on January 28th we are celebrating ibVPN's anniversary and with this occasion we are having our Single Biggest Discount of the year.

We are offering a 50% discount on all our packages. That’s right. Half off.

We truly believe that you cannot get a better deal on the internet for a VPN package at this price.

Take advantage of our biggest, once a year promotion by using 4YNT50 (case sensitive) as promotional code in the ordering process and enjoy browsing the web securely and unblocking your favorite sites content.
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://monitor.amplusnet.ro/mail/admin/ ... _fmic2.png[/IMG]

***Active on January 28, 2014****

It looks that deal is already on - Jan 27, 2014.
88 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1074 posts
497 upvotes
Perth
Shhhhhh... the #1 Rule of ibVPN Club is that you don't talk about ibVPN Club!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15325 posts
3822 upvotes
been using for over a year...my acc gonna expire next week too..wodnering if i should continue or try other like slickvpn..? mainly for torrent
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
kiasu wrote: been using for over a year...my acc gonna expire next week too..wodnering if i should continue or try other like slickvpn..? mainly for torrent
Personally very happy with SlickVPN
Dec 28, 2010
48 posts
I tried applying the code, it says the promotion has not started yet.
Anyone successfully applied the code?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1074 posts
497 upvotes
Perth
It says it's on the 28th.
ChocoPwr wrote: I tried applying the code, it says the promotion has not started yet.
Anyone successfully applied the code?
Aug 18, 2011
445 posts
113 upvotes
Brossard
palmer wrote: Personally very happy with SlickVPN
no torrenting over ibVPN ?

I have to renew soon too, how does SlickVPN compare to PIA ?
Oct 25, 2012
230 posts
46 upvotes
North York
ibVPN=most reliable VPN (for me)
Download torrents at 2.8 MB/sec (25/10 MB connection)
For $25-30/year (now even cheaper with this promo) why should I look for anything else... and more expensive.
Their torrents servers are in NL. And no logs.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15325 posts
3822 upvotes
Ibvpn has 3 or 4 dedicate lines for torrents
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
i jumped on this last year, used it for netflix for awhile and LIGHT torrenting. their USA servers did not like torrenting and the VPN would drop out consistently or just not connect at odd times. Netflix HD was a joke and would never work. Bad pipe maybe?

Would never ever recommend this company to anyone.

There are tons of much, much better no-log VPN solutions out there.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15325 posts
3822 upvotes
Torrent is great for me and no issue. Didnt have that problem you experienced. Didnt try netflix so no comment

Just debating whether i should continue or try diff company

archdemon wrote: i jumped on this last year, used it for netflix for awhile and LIGHT torrenting. their USA servers did not like torrenting and the VPN would drop out consistently or just not connect at odd times. Netflix HD was a joke and would never work. Bad pipe maybe?

2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 30, 2009
244 posts
74 upvotes
They keep logs and will suspend your account the moment they get an infringement notice from a copyright enforcer. A good test is to try and grab copyrighted content that is aggressively taken down off usenet servers. Watch them magically trace the activity back to you with "no logs". They will have the courtesy to forward the copyright enforcer's infringement notice to you as well, but who knows what info they're handing out to anyone who comes a knockin'. Don't be ignorant and assume that you are safe just because you use bit torrent "without problems".
Oct 25, 2012
230 posts
46 upvotes
North York
speedrun wrote: They keep logs and will suspend your account the moment they get an infringement notice from a copyright enforcer. A good test is to try and grab copyrighted content that is aggressively taken down off usenet servers. Watch them magically trace the activity back to you with "no logs". They will have the courtesy to forward the copyright enforcer's infringement notice to you as well, but who knows what info they're handing out to anyone who comes a knockin'. Don't be ignorant and assume that you are safe just because you use bit torrent "without problems".
Did you get such a notice?
Oct 6, 2006
350 posts
28 upvotes
I just renewed last month when my year was up. Can I get this added to my existing plan?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
hxxp://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition/

In case you want actual comparison of providers, iBVPN is at the bottom of the list compared to this one.. These other providers have much more robust networks, infrastructure and actually care about NO LOG POLICY
Nintendo Switch vibes
Oct 18, 2005
556 posts
93 upvotes
Thornhill
archdemon wrote: hxxp://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition/

In case you want actual comparison of providers, iBVPN is at the bottom of the list compared to this one.. These other providers have much more robust networks, infrastructure and actually care about NO LOG POLICY
dude IBVPN is not even on that list.
I signed up last year during the 50% deal (expires on the 29th for me) and they've been really good.
Oct 25, 2012
230 posts
46 upvotes
North York
Let's see from PIA and ibVPN websites:

PIA: PrivateInternetAccess.com does not collect or log any traffic or use of its Virtual Private Network ("VPN") or Proxy.

DISCLOSURE
PrivateInternetAccess.com is a business that strives to protect privacy and the privacy rights of our clients. Although we will comply with all valid subpoena requests, our legal team scrutinizes each and every legal request that we receive for compliance with both the "spirit" and letter of the law.

ibVPN 2. LOGGING POLICY

We do not spy on our users and we don’t monitor their Internet usage. We do not keep logs with our users’ activity. We will however record and keep the following data for 7 days:
•Time, date and location VPN connection was made.
•Duration of the VPN connection.
•Bandwidth used during the connection.
This information enables ibVPN to enforce our Terms of Service, spam, crimes using the service, etc. If there is a violation we will use these trace logs to determine which account is in violation and we will terminate the service and/or take further action.

Which one is better?
For me I'd say ibVPN
For FBI, NSA, etc. for sure PIA.
Jan 28, 2013
7 posts
2 upvotes
archdemon wrote: i jumped on this last year, used it for netflix for awhile and LIGHT torrenting. their USA servers did not like torrenting and the VPN would drop out consistently or just not connect at odd times. Netflix HD was a joke and would never work. Bad pipe maybe?

Hi. I would like to let you know that p2p and torrent download is supported only through specific servers located in Canada, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

Regarding Netflix and other channels, these are now working with no speed loss through our DNS solution (specially developed for this). There is a Torrent VPN package and a ibDNS package. Or you can have both in the Ultimate VPN package. We can provide you a new trial to test the services and see the improvements :)
Oct 2, 2011
505 posts
368 upvotes
London
I had continual problems with PIA, with the VPN connection dropping. Not great when you are mid torrent, thus exposing your IP.