Entertainment

ICAC arrests people at TVB...The Hong Kong Entertainment Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2011 10:04 am

Poll: Do you watch TVB?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2896 posts
965 upvotes

ICAC arrests people at TVB...The Hong Kong Entertainment Discussion Thread

Fairchild is playing the sequel of On the First Beat starting next week. The Hong Kong Discussion.
322 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2637 posts
18 upvotes
nope, i stopped after they got rid of all the verteran actors. biggest problem is they use the same actors, over and over.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2854 posts
246 upvotes
no i don't cause i hate hong kong tv.

all the actors/actresses are terrible and they overact. the production quality and good ideas are non-existent.

i'll stick with HK films. :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9695 posts
762 upvotes
Markham
Sometimes, but not as much as I did before. I had 3 month unlimited rentals for awhile so I had a lot of stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5383 posts
813 upvotes
Yeah the plots are laughable. They always have some gimmicks. Its either about doctors, fire fighters, policemen, nurses, rescue, paramedics, or some other sort of gimmick and then then the crappy story revolves around it. Usually with all the couples switching partners by the end of the show.
Nov 25, 2007
942 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto
Voted yes but I don't watch as much as I used to. Recent series have all been crap, imo. And I hate how all the endings are rushed/just plain suck, The Gem of Life being a good example. The story get so complicated and end with some stupid ending that could have happened half way into the show :mad:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28014 posts
8182 upvotes
Hamilton
Monday - Friday :D
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2898 posts
4 upvotes
user01 wrote: Yes, next episode is going to be exciting. Ron's undercover is going to be revealed by Michael... :razz: :razz: :razz:
i think its his girl elaine
Oct 21, 2005
259 posts
Used to watch it a _ton_ with my brother, then I kinda realized that they must be picking ideas out of a grab bag and the same people and relationships rehashed every 20 or 40 episodes gets kind of boring.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5081 posts
1711 upvotes
Mississauga
yeah EU is pretty good. way better than I thought especially Laughing's character :P
Deal Addict
May 23, 2004
3976 posts
20 upvotes
E.U. was alright. In fact, even better than last season ("On The First Beat". Joey Yung sucked!). Laughing's character actually has some depth.

Another decent show was "Last Man Standing". The acting was pretty good particularly Roger Kwok in a rare villainous role.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15770 posts
1684 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I do watch TVB. Compare to some China TV series, it's short and sweet.
Prize Won:
(2015-2016) Nothing big/Small...
(2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16023 posts
391 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Monday - Friday :D
Isn't TVB in canto? I thought you're Fujianese, dude.

I used to watch when I was a kid when they had awesome actors/actresses.

I can't stand bosco, raymond lam, charmaine etc. ahah
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5920 posts
51 upvotes
GT-eh
Episode 25 was so-so. I can predict the ending is not going to be that good. Let see what they have tomorrow... :razz: :razz: :razz:
May 27, 2007
15999 posts
4197 upvotes
Toronto
user01 wrote: Episode 25 was so-so. I can predict the ending is not going to be that good. Let see what they have tomorrow... :razz: :razz: :razz:
Man, the preview for episode 25 was nothing like the episode itself... It was more like the preview for episodes 25-30 or something...

but yes, the ending is predictable, im hoping for some surprises though! (IE: LAUGHING COMES BACK, somehow...) :cheesygri
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)