Dec 24, 2002
5762 posts
979 upvotes

[The Source] icade for ipad(the source) reduced to 9.96 from 99.99

few left instore only at time of writing

Reduced from $99 and change to $9 and change - retro atari gamingd accessory
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

Ole Gunnar IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
46 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17378 posts
7217 upvotes
Oakville
Website reports one at Erin Mills Town Centre, one at Dixie Value Mall, 2 at Bramalea City Centre. Those are the only ones within 200km of me here in Oakville. Not that I'd necessarily trust that, could just be ghost stock.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1519 posts
3012 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just picked up the last one at Ottawa Rideau Center location
Jun 15, 2007
209 posts
161 upvotes
These things are great and they don't work exclusively with apple products. You can sync Android devices to them via Bluetooth. Install an app called mame4droid which is made to work with these and you have yourself a great little old school arcade set up.

The source is also clearing out their icade mobiles for $1.97 so you could have a portable arcade system with your phone. The device holder is made for smaller iPhone 3 or iPod touch so you will have to have a smaller Android device or strap it on there with elastics or something!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4290 posts
413 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Tron Javolta wrote: These things are great and they don't work exclusively with apple products. You can sync Android devices to them via Bluetooth. Install an app called mame4droid which is made to work with these and you have yourself a great little old school arcade set up.

The source is also clearing out their icade mobiles for $1.97 so you could have a portable arcade system with your phone. The device holder is made for smaller iPhone 3 or iPod touch so you will have to have a smaller Android device or strap it on there with elastics or something!
For Android, does it require rooting?
Jun 15, 2007
209 posts
161 upvotes
ceraf wrote: For Android, does it require rooting?
No. It syncs in the exact same way as it does with iPad. It shows up as a Bluetooth device and you enter a button combination that you input using the buttons to sync. The app is free and didn't ask for root privileges.
Dec 1, 2013
158 posts
369 upvotes
Before anyone goes rushing to buy this, note that the buttons and joysticks are not the greatest. They do not feel the same as a classic arcade machine, and the replacement for actual arcade buttons for the machine are quite costly (my estimates were 100$~). I had this for a few weeks now, and I start feeling sore from using the arcade after a couple of rounds of Super Loot Crate.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10155 posts
4690 upvotes
Note a bad price but 100$ regular i would of though $30 at most.
Anyways there is 1 portage unicity and 2 winkler if anyone is wondering and didnt check.
Feb 27, 2011
970 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to price match this against somewhere else selling it, since none of the source stores have it now?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8491 posts
752 upvotes
Bestbuy.ca has it also for clearance of $29.97... but actually has lots of in-store stock it seems.

I have one and yes the joystick + buttons aren't like the arcade sanwa stuff. Still you'll have plenty of fun with it. I've modded my for OTG usb support instead and it works without issues.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ion ... 2124.aspx?

also neat project from some hyperspin users as well.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5772-icade-pc-mod/
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1519 posts
3012 upvotes
shyhermit wrote: Is it possible to price match this against somewhere else selling it, since none of the source stores have it now?
Technically no for 2 reasons. Can't price match clearance items and out of stock items.

The Source isn't OOS nationwide. Just picked one up tonight in downtown Ottawa, while some locations are showing 1 or 2 in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
Dec 13, 2006
234 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, OP
Just Picked up one in Surrey/WhiteRock, BC

The Source showed there are 3 units in Chilliwack, BC if anyone is desperate
Oct 24, 2011
714 posts
598 upvotes
SURREY
Grabbed The last one in White Rock. Thanks op
Dec 16, 2008
69 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Bought one in Victoria. Price on the shelf still said $84.99. The three (yes three) store employees all said they wouldn't mind having it for $10. They would have to fight for the one remaining unit.
Why would the Source have three employees all working on a Monday afternoon, five minutes to closing?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)