few left instore only at time of writing

Reduced from $99 and change to $9 and change - retro atari gamingd accessory
46 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20516 posts
9965 upvotes
Oakville
Website reports one at Erin Mills Town Centre, one at Dixie Value Mall, 2 at Bramalea City Centre. Those are the only ones within 200km of me here in Oakville. Not that I'd necessarily trust that, could just be ghost stock.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1760 posts
4920 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just picked up the last one at Ottawa Rideau Center location
Jun 15, 2007
244 posts
177 upvotes
These things are great and they don't work exclusively with apple products. You can sync Android devices to them via Bluetooth. Install an app called mame4droid which is made to work with these and you have yourself a great little old school arcade set up.

The source is also clearing out their icade mobiles for $1.97 so you could have a portable arcade system with your phone. The device holder is made for smaller iPhone 3 or iPod touch so you will have to have a smaller Android device or strap it on there with elastics or something!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4293 posts
420 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Tron Javolta wrote: These things are great and they don't work exclusively with apple products. You can sync Android devices to them via Bluetooth. Install an app called mame4droid which is made to work with these and you have yourself a great little old school arcade set up.

The source is also clearing out their icade mobiles for $1.97 so you could have a portable arcade system with your phone. The device holder is made for smaller iPhone 3 or iPod touch so you will have to have a smaller Android device or strap it on there with elastics or something!
For Android, does it require rooting?
Jun 15, 2007
244 posts
177 upvotes
ceraf wrote: For Android, does it require rooting?
No. It syncs in the exact same way as it does with iPad. It shows up as a Bluetooth device and you enter a button combination that you input using the buttons to sync. The app is free and didn't ask for root privileges.
Dec 1, 2013
165 posts
380 upvotes
Before anyone goes rushing to buy this, note that the buttons and joysticks are not the greatest. They do not feel the same as a classic arcade machine, and the replacement for actual arcade buttons for the machine are quite costly (my estimates were 100$~). I had this for a few weeks now, and I start feeling sore from using the arcade after a couple of rounds of Super Loot Crate.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11686 posts
5687 upvotes
Note a bad price but 100$ regular i would of though $30 at most.
Anyways there is 1 portage unicity and 2 winkler if anyone is wondering and didnt check.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1132 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to price match this against somewhere else selling it, since none of the source stores have it now?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9468 posts
1601 upvotes
Bestbuy.ca has it also for clearance of $29.97... but actually has lots of in-store stock it seems.

I have one and yes the joystick + buttons aren't like the arcade sanwa stuff. Still you'll have plenty of fun with it. I've modded my for OTG usb support instead and it works without issues.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ion ... 2124.aspx?

also neat project from some hyperspin users as well.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5772-icade-pc-mod/
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1760 posts
4920 upvotes
shyhermit wrote: Is it possible to price match this against somewhere else selling it, since none of the source stores have it now?
Technically no for 2 reasons. Can't price match clearance items and out of stock items.

The Source isn't OOS nationwide. Just picked one up tonight in downtown Ottawa, while some locations are showing 1 or 2 in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
Dec 13, 2006
270 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks, OP
Just Picked up one in Surrey/WhiteRock, BC

The Source showed there are 3 units in Chilliwack, BC if anyone is desperate
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1273 posts
1126 upvotes
SURREY
Grabbed The last one in White Rock. Thanks op
Dec 16, 2008
70 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Bought one in Victoria. Price on the shelf still said $84.99. The three (yes three) store employees all said they wouldn't mind having it for $10. They would have to fight for the one remaining unit.
Why would the Source have three employees all working on a Monday afternoon, five minutes to closing?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5627 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
nice deal too bad it's sold out here =(
Jul 15, 2003
206 posts
146 upvotes
Arviat
sleepyguy wrote: Bestbuy.ca has it also for clearance of $29.97... but actually has lots of in-store stock it seems.

I have one and yes the joystick + buttons aren't like the arcade sanwa stuff. Still you'll have plenty of fun with it. I've modded my for OTG usb support instead and it works without issues.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ion ... 2124.aspx?

also neat project from some hyperspin users as well.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5772-icade-pc-mod/
Thanks OP and sleepyguy. Picked one up at BB with the 10% price beat.
Don't hate the shopper, hate the sale.
Shoppers gonna shop.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11730 posts
4474 upvotes
I have one of these - thought I would use it a lot but the novelty wears off fast.

That said - for $10...
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2660 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
kool1 wrote: I have one of these - thought I would use it a lot but the novelty wears off fast.

That said - for $10...
or $7.96 PM'd! :D
Jan 5, 2008
181 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I bought one for 60 back in the day. When combined with an android tablet running MAME, it's awesome. It's great for someone wanting a MAME stand up machine but don't have the space.