1767 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
How’s lifetime warranty for socks?

Do they charge shipping?
Aug 4, 2018
52 posts
153 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote: How’s lifetime warranty for socks?

Do they charge shipping?
Love their products overall EXCEPT for their socks. Wore out very quickly. They replaced the pair with the warning that they would not replace the replacement. Six months later or so the replacement pair wore out too. And this is after hand washing etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5143 posts
1794 upvotes
DavidF41898 wrote: Love their products overall EXCEPT for their socks. Wore out very quickly. They replaced the pair with the warning that they would not replace the replacement. Six months later or so the replacement pair wore out too. And this is after hand washing etc.
Thats BS
Jan 10, 2009
145 posts
158 upvotes
toronto
DavidF41898 wrote: Love their products overall EXCEPT for their socks. Wore out very quickly. They replaced the pair with the warning that they would not replace the replacement. Six months later or so the replacement pair wore out too. And this is after hand washing etc.
My socks are somehow coming apart at the TOP of the foot! Not sure how that happens but I wouldn't buy again. I prefer my smartwools - been wearing them for years.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9643 posts
4380 upvotes
Toronto
LIFETIME SOCK GUARANTEE
At icebreaker we take pride in the quality of our socks and guarantee 100% satisfaction with your purchase. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your socks we will provide you with a new pair or a gift card. Please visit your original location of purchase or complete the online warranty form below to receive your replacement or gift card (proof of purchase is required).
https://www.icebreaker.com/en-ca/service-warranty.html
Koodo $40 8GB
Aug 4, 2018
52 posts
153 upvotes
grasshopper902 wrote: My socks are somehow coming apart at the TOP of the foot! Not sure how that happens but I wouldn't buy again. I prefer my smartwools - been wearing them for years.
Same here. I had four in total, and each one of them went at the top. Smartwools never had a problem. Still have them after years, hole free.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1767 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Was it light or medium or heavy with hole?

Also was the replacement done at the store or online telling you only once?
Aug 4, 2018
52 posts
153 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: That's cool but it looks like they do not honor it.
Actually they do honor it, it’s how you interpret it. It says they will give you “a new pair”. So once the pair you got goes, you get your new pair... and that’s the end of the warranty. If the replacement pair goes, that’s that. I still have the email kept from them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5143 posts
1794 upvotes
DavidF41898 wrote: Actually they do honor it, it’s how you interpret it. It says they will give you “a new pair”. So once the pair you got goes, you get your new pair... and that’s the end of the warranty. If the replacement pair goes, that’s that. I still have the email kept from them.
That's it.

That's BS.

The new pair has no warranty ?

Does not work that way.

So the replacement product would only be under guarantee for whatever time period was still remaining from the original guarantee.

The balance left on the warranty is ... lifetime. So its still under the same warranty.
Last edited by Coz4k on Aug 5th, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 4, 2018
52 posts
153 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote: Was it light or medium or heavy with hole?

Also was the replacement done at the store or online telling you only once?
They were all light. No idea how the others stack up. I’d assume better?
Nov 20, 2004
439 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
My girlfriend just swapped out 6 or 8 pairs of holey socks at their 4th Ave. location last week. No questions asked. Ended up adding 2 more pairs to my collection.
Aug 4, 2018
52 posts
153 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: That's it.

That's BS.

Does not work that way.
I thought the same. I have the email right in front of me from “Justyn”: Icebreaker doesn’t provide repeat replacements for warrantied garments.

I wonder how Smart Wool compares.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1796 posts
1118 upvotes
Ottawa
Coz4k wrote: That's it.

That's BS.

Does not work that way.

So the replacement product would only be under guarantee for whatever time period was still remaining from the original guarantee.

The balance left on the warranty is ... lifetime. So its still under the same warranty.
Did you get replacement socks for replacement ones? Or you're just assuming that's how it works?