Expired Hot Deals

[icebreaker] icebreaker end of season sale. socks start at $11 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 6:13 pm
Feb 18, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
I’ve returned socks that have already been returned in the past at icebreaker. At least in the Edmonton store it’s no questions asked.
Jun 27, 2007
90 posts
23 upvotes
DavidF41898 wrote: Same here. I had four in total, and each one of them went at the top. Smartwools never had a problem. Still have them after years, hole free.
I have seen the opposite. Bought two pairs of Smartwool and they both came apart at the stitching near the top of the socks within 4-6 months. I got a pair of Icebreaker socks and haven’t had any issues at all over the past year and a half wearing them once a week, washing in the washer. Just bought a few more pairs with this sale and hope they are as good as the last pair.
Feb 28, 2005
315 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal
Coz4k wrote: That's it.

That's BS.

The new pair has no warranty ?

Does not work that way.

So the replacement product would only be under guarantee for whatever time period was still remaining from the original guarantee.

The balance left on the warranty is ... lifetime. So its still under the same warranty.
Hey everyone, look at buddy over here who thinks he should get free socks for life. Take a hike, pal.
Aug 4, 2018
62 posts
194 upvotes
ddonelle wrote: I have seen the opposite. Bought two pairs of Smartwool and they both came apart at the stitching near the top of the socks within 4-6 months. I got a pair of Icebreaker socks and haven’t had any issues at all over the past year and a half wearing them once a week, washing in the washer. Just bought a few more pairs with this sale and hope they are as good as the last pair.
It’s possible they may have improved them. My last pair was from early 2019. I’ve noticed they’ve made changes to their Oasis 200 T-shirts in at least three iterations.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1775 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t forget 10% off sign up if buying!
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5203 posts
1943 upvotes
ZooLoo wrote: Hey everyone, look at buddy over here who thinks he should get free socks for life. Take a hike, pal.
That is what they advertise........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ I guess that is also my fault ?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3687 posts
3355 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I've never had any issues with Icebreaker. The only socks I've ever actually worn through were the Ultralights and that still took years.

No issues with Smartwool either.
Dec 20, 2015
146 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
flameboy54 wrote: My girlfriend just swapped out 6 or 8 pairs of holey socks at their 4th Ave. location last week. No questions asked. Ended up adding 2 more pairs to my collection.
Do they require a receipt? I have a pair of old Icebreakers that have given up at the top (no more elasticity) but I don't have my receipt... (also, do you know how they would tell if they were replacement socks?)
Dec 20, 2015
146 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sudsy123 wrote: I’ve returned socks that have already been returned in the past at icebreaker. At least in the Edmonton store it’s no questions asked.
When you get a replacement pair, what happens if they ran out of that particular style that you're bringing in...? Would you be able to choose a different pair, or would you have to go back when they re-stock?
Feb 1, 2018
244 posts
128 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: That what they advertise... I guess that is also my fault ?
The lifetime warranty is for the product you bought and not the replacement.

Lifetime means you can replace it in 2, 5, 10 or even 50 years later as long as the company still exists.

What it is so complicated to understand?
Feb 18, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Isshoukenmei wrote: When you get a replacement pair, what happens if they ran out of that particular style that you're bringing in...? Would you be able to choose a different pair, or would you have to go back when they re-stock?

Are you referring to light, medium, heavy cushion? I’m unsure. They’ve always had all the types when I’ve gone. And although they were hesitant of letting me bring in light cushion and exchange for heavy cushion I was able to get the heavy cushion socks. But YMMV. I’m unsure if you’re referring to like hiking socks vs ankle socks (unsure if they even have ankle socks, I’ve always just bought hiking socks) as I haven’t tried to exchange between types.
Dec 20, 2015
146 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sudsy123 wrote: Are you referring to light, medium, heavy cushion? I’m unsure. They’ve always had all the types when I’ve gone. And although they were hesitant of letting me bring in light cushion and exchange for heavy cushion I was able to get the heavy cushion socks. But YMMV. I’m unsure if you’re referring to like hiking socks vs ankle socks (unsure if they even have ankle socks, I’ve always just bought hiking socks) as I haven’t tried to exchange between types.
Yeah, I would be exchanging ankle socks for another pair of ankle socks but I can't seem to find this exact style online. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4298 posts
5711 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Can get 6 pairs @ $12 at Winners. Are these better?
Jun 4, 2019
97 posts
125 upvotes
Sport chek has a bunch of stance socks on clearance with buy one get 50% off.
I find stance better socks then icebreaker but that’s just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4068 posts
4591 upvotes
GTA
ZooLoo wrote: Hey everyone, look at buddy over here who thinks he should get free socks for life. Take a hike, pal.
Buy Darn Tough and you're covered

"No Strings. No conditions. For Life".

No receipt required.

https://www.darntough.ca/warranty