Expired Hot Deals

[icebreaker] icebreaker end of season sale. socks start at $11 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 6:13 pm
Jun 26, 2012
54 posts
19 upvotes
RICHMOND
Long time ago I tried stance and smartwool phd ski/snow, ended up going with icebreaker and has been wearing them for skiing and mtb since then. Have multiple pairs, had to replace them twice (no question asked in stores, well...they asked if socks are clean and washed :P).
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2728 posts
812 upvotes
West
Coz4k wrote: That's it.

That's BS.

The new pair has no warranty ?

Does not work that way.

So the replacement product would only be under guarantee for whatever time period was still remaining from the original guarantee.

The balance left on the warranty is ... lifetime. So its still under the same warranty.
Brace yourself for this... Icebreaker defines “lifetime” as the lifetime of a sock at 2-3 years. So they will replace the socks one time (no replacement on the replacement) AND only within 2-3 years of purchase. (Call them if you wish to confirm)

I started buying icebreaker socks based purely on the lifetime guarantee, but after finding out about their shady tactics, I can’t support them anymore. Back to darn tough...
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Jun 22, 2016
256 posts
147 upvotes
Not important
chemicalxv wrote: I've never had any issues with Icebreaker. The only socks I've ever actually worn through were the Ultralights and that still took years.

No issues with Smartwool either.
Same here. Own 8 pairs of icebreakers. I got them approx 2015-2016. Just starting to see wear on the heels of the ultralights. Everything else is just fine. I also have very normal narrow neutral feet.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3378 posts
544 upvotes
GTA
I'm willing to try them out.

Any codes for additional savings?
Nov 4, 2013
112 posts
16 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: That's it.

That's BS.

The new pair has no warranty ?

Does not work that way.

So the replacement product would only be under guarantee for whatever time period was still remaining from the original guarantee.

The balance left on the warranty is ... lifetime. So its still under the same warranty.
You expect a company to give you infinite socks?
Nov 4, 2013
112 posts
16 upvotes
Come over to my house and ill give you some "new" socksSmirking Face
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5200 posts
1943 upvotes
karupt wrote: You expect a company to give you infinite socks?
If it is what they advertise (which it is).

Then yes absolutely.
Apr 7, 2009
287 posts
120 upvotes
toronto
Decided to try these out as reviews sound favourable overall and sale is still on.
I've worn Stance and their Pro OTC are great. Hoping these will be good (for shorter socks).
Thanks OP.
Nov 27, 2003
930 posts
378 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Can get 6 pairs @ $12 at Winners. Are these better?
I bought a bunch of stuff in store and online (yet to arrive), so I'm going to enter the fray here.

If you want high performance, merino wool blend, super comfy socks, I'd say yes. Granted, I got some pretty great cotton socks from Sportchek as well (Under Armour & Converse) during their clearance sale so whatever floats your boat.

Side note: If you have stinky feet, you may find the merino helps out with that. Great for travel, hiking, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2079 posts
1583 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Can get 6 pairs @ $12 at Winners. Are these better?
20 pair pack at Walmart for $10

I've been rotating the socks in the same pack to even the wear leveling. It's lasted me 8 months so far.
Nov 27, 2003
930 posts
378 upvotes
Why are people losing their minds over the Icebreaker sock Lifetime Warranty? It's in writing on their website.

https://www.icebreaker.com/en-ca/service-warranty.html

Fine, you may not get socks for life if you buy one pair, but I suspect that you will have no issue getting one additional pair, per purchase, if they fail you down the road.
So, if that is the case, $5-$6 a pair for very nice quality socks, strikes me as an RFD worth upvoting.

You are basically buying sock insurance. Yay.
Nov 27, 2003
930 posts
378 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: 20 pair pack at Walmart for $10

I've been rotating the socks in the same pack to even the wear leveling. It's lasted me 8 months so far.
No offense (always precedes a comment that is slightly offensive) but this is such a useless argument.

You can get a six pack of tighy whities from Walmart for the cost of one pair of SAXX on sale (~$18). But which would you rather have?

Why should your balls have all the fun? Treat those feet!
Nov 27, 2003
930 posts
378 upvotes
ngleu wrote: Decided to try these out as reviews sound favourable overall and sale is still on.
I've worn Stance and their Pro OTC are great. Hoping these will be good (for shorter socks).
Thanks OP.
That's what sealed the deal for me. Check the reviews. They have built an incredible following of satisfied customers. I haven't had mine long enough to comment on the longevity, but they feel and look great. The store I went to accidentally gave me 60% off the grey mountaineer mid calf socks ($38 reg), which was a nice bonus, and they are next level comfy. Granted I did buy ~$300 bucks worth of stuff. Grimacing FaceMoney With Wings
Nov 27, 2003
930 posts
378 upvotes
flamez1000 wrote: I'm willing to try them out.

Any codes for additional savings?
Sign up for Nature's Rewards and get an additional 10% off your first order. This doesn't stack with the additional 10% if you order over $200.