Iceland in November

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 7:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes

Iceland in November

Is November a good time to go to Iceland? Especially with an infant? Say 4-5 days. Where and what would you do? OR don't even bother going? Gimme your take!
Last edited by aquariaguy on Sep 16th, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
How much sunlight is then, 6 to 7 hours
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
Im going in November. It'll be winter and daylight hours will be limited but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are visitng the Blue Lagoon, doing a free walking tour and this tour:

https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/sights ... -days#book

I wouldn't say that's infant friendly though. With an infant, you'd probably be better off in milder weather, especially if you plan to rent a car.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Sunrise is around 9:30 and sunset around 16:30, give or take. That's still a decent amount of time to get some sightseeing in. The sunset time is roughly the same as Toronto's for that time of year. There will be great opportunities to see the Northern Lights, which you can't do during the summer high season, and stuff like the Blue Lagoon is fine no matter what time of year it is. You can make day trips to the Golden Circle or take an overnight trip to the South Coast hot spots.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
might be kind of cold for an infant. Also you have to worry about snowing.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
marktang wrote: might be kind of cold for an infant. Also you have to worry about snowing.
I don't believe they get much snow in November. Temperatures are cool (average 4/5C ) but usually don't go much below freezing.

Highest ever temperature in Reykjavik was 25C and lowest ever was -20C.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
Adult foods are very expensive. Don't know about infant food. Bring your own if possible.

Hotel breakfast is around 25 Euro. A tiny hotdog is 7 Euro from a roadside food truck.

1 Euro = 1.47 CA$

Sceneries are superb, though. Not very cold (-4C daytime) compared to Toronto in Feb last year.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
aquariaguy wrote: Is Iceland a good time to go to Iceland?
Yes. It's an icelandish good time
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3791 posts
297 upvotes
YUL
drdtyc wrote: Adult foods are very expensive. Don't know about infant food. Bring your own if possible.

Hotel breakfast is around 25 Euro. A tiny hotdog is 7 Euro from a roadside food truck.

1 Euro = 1.47 CA$
ISK is the currency, not Euros. Only a minority of larger hotels and car rental chains charge in Euros.
A hotdog in the famous hot dog booth in Reykjavik city centre costs ISK400.

1 CAD = around 85 ISK
Nov 17, 2009
134 posts
90 upvotes
St. John's
I was there a few months back. Really nice place with so much amazing scenery. As others have stated it is pretty pricey. I stayed in an AirBnB which cut my accommodation cost in half. Also there are some budget supermarkets where you can buy some yogurt and snacks fairly cheaply.
Dec 14, 2011
126 posts
20 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Was there last month (August 6 - 15).
If you plan on venturing around Iceland by yourself, layer up and find a good pair of hiking boots.
And have lots of fun :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
avrilcc wrote: That's great! Have lot of fun.
watch out, this dude will start spamming shortly... I can smell them from afar... They setup fake accounts, resurrect a bunch of old threads and then it starts. avrilcc, I am watching you...
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)