Iconic Bladerunner villain, Rutger Hauer passed away 1946 -2019

[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Iconic Bladerunner villain, Rutger Hauer passed away 1946 -2019

Mr. RutgerHauer famous for the movie blade runner and later hobo with a shot gun has died.

He reminded me of dolph lungren.

He was 75 years old.

Actually I never watched blade runner but those piercing eyes of his just had such a presence. He was born to play that role.
Last edited by Supercooled on Jul 27th, 2019 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1963 posts
1021 upvotes
GTA
I've sadly had to see many actors pass away throughout my life, but this one feels sadder than most. Rutger Hauer made possible one of my favorite cinematic experiences during my childhood, which helped me love cinema to this day. One thing's for sure: his legacy won't be lost in time, like tears in the rain. There are way too many people who love this movie like I do to let that happen. Time to die... but you will be forever remembered.
The single most profound and beautiful moment in any movie I've ever seen. See you at Tannhaüser Gate, Rutger Hauer. Thank you.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears in rain. Time to die."
And to think: Rutger WROTE THIS HIMSELF. Even Scott was impressed. Some of the film crew cried when this was shot...says it all...epic moment in movie history

I was so looking forward to meeting him at Fan Expo 2019 Toronto in a few weeks. I wanted a photo OP and autograph, and just to shake his hand.
Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2330 posts
337 upvotes
In another world
Supercooled wrote: Mr. RutgerHauer famous for the movie blade runner and later hobo with a shot gun has died.

He reminded me of dolph lungren.

He was 75 years old.

Actually I never watched blade runner but those piercing eyes of his just had such a presence. He was born to play that role.
Man, you should!
Stop whatever your plans for tonight and grab a copy and watch it!!

RIP Rutger.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21384 posts
2623 upvotes
Toronto
wow, RIP Rutger - thank you for everything!

Another good movie of his is Blind Fury - I really enjoyed watching it growing up.....he did a great job playing a blind swordsman

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13358 posts
2254 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Blade Runner is an excellent movie!!! (Maybe look for the director's cut version if u r watching it for the first time).
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.