Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Idealind

Claim your FREE work gloves !

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2022 6:26 pm
Feb 16, 2017
314 posts
397 upvotes
New Brunswick
muffin4life wrote: I find this difficult to believe unless you live in a small town. The post person will NOT remember who lives where nor do they care. They deliver mail to the address on the envelope and what you do with it is not their concern.
I do live in a small town. They don't physically deliver the mail you get a box at the post office or in you are outside of town they do community mailboxes. It's not that they remember names but on their side of the box they do have notes. They also verify ID in come cases before they give you the package. I am not sure why on some and not others I have had them do it for Amazon packages.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11234 posts
21558 upvotes
Jedi66 wrote: Depending on where you live Canada Post wont deliver anything to addressed to the the persons name. so you have to give address and at least surname.
Never heard of that before!

How does CP know who lives where?

What happens if a relative is coming to stay with you for a while!

CP delivers under two conditions:

1 - Postal Code
2 - Numeric identifier of the exact location (AKA address)

There will only be one address number per postal code.

Random Name
123 Main St
H0H 0H0

Another Random Name
123 Mann Street
H0H 0H0

Both will be delivered to the same place!
Mar 15, 2021
316 posts
328 upvotes
I don’t understand why people are overreacting over personal informations???

Literally you can just give them a fake name.
And for an email adress, if you are worried that much, you can just create a new one with a google less than 2mins and use that one instead of providing them with your email address that you are using it for a daily basis.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2419 posts
2105 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
all this banter...
this is why Freebies belong on Freebies arena and not hot deals.
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6417 posts
3005 upvotes
Durham
no harm. use a fake email that you use mainly for spam.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11234 posts
21558 upvotes
Mermaidaid wrote: I don’t understand why people are overreacting over personal informations???

Literally you can just give them a fake name.
And for an email adress, if you are worried that much, you can just create a new one with a google less than 2mins and use that one instead of providing them with your email address that you are using it for a daily basis.
Because that's how some people are!

You can use fake everything except address number and postal code

Even the street name can be wrong!

If they are that paranoid, why not just back out of the thread, and pretend it was never posted instead of posting nonsense!
Nov 21, 2014
55 posts
50 upvotes
Vimont, QC
muffin4life wrote: I find this difficult to believe unless you live in a small town. The post person will NOT remember who lives where nor do they care. They deliver mail to the address on the envelope and what you do with it is not their concern.
Actually, I read an AMA darknet tread on reddit by a post person and yes, they do know what person lives where. They deliver mail and boxes on a regular basis. So giving a random name with your adress will attract attention.

But for gloves, it doesnt matters.

On a side note, you can add the website name to your name when you put an order. That way, you will know who sold your info when you receive spam.
Apr 1, 2010
70 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton
The sketchiness of trading private info for sub - $1 gloves kills the deal...
Jun 4, 2013
458 posts
504 upvotes
GTA
It's a for-profit company trying to sell products. What do people expect? They will try to get your information so they can sell you stuff. They do have a privacy policy on their website and we have laws in this country around collection and sharing of personal information.

Also you can opt out of their marketing campaigns by leaving this checkbox empty.
Screenshot 2022-09-27 122714.png

Don't buy into the conspiracy theories, get your free gloves!
Sep 6, 2010
57 posts
68 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Because that's how some people are!

You can use fake everything except address number and postal code

Even the street name can be wrong!

If they are that paranoid, why not just back out of the thread, and pretend it was never posted instead of posting nonsense!
No you can also fake your address. Get a Canada Post Flex Delivery, it's free. It delivers the package to a nearby retail post office, mostly Shopper Drug Mart, and you pick it up from there.
Dec 25, 2012
785 posts
1147 upvotes
Ontario
A mailing address is nothing worth hiding. LOL I can go to anyone's garbage bin and see envelopes and parcel boxes with mailing address. Calm down people. As long as you didn't input your bank info and SIN and DOB and other important ID
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3271 posts
3535 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: If they are that paranoid, why not just back out of the thread, and pretend it was never posted instead of posting nonsense!
This. Unless you have specific incident to crap over said store, no one cares about anything else unrelated to the deal in question.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4999 posts
4443 upvotes
spoutti wrote: Actually, I read an AMA darknet tread on reddit by a post person and yes, they do know what person lives where. They deliver mail and boxes on a regular basis. So giving a random name with your adress will attract attention.

But for gloves, it doesnt matters.

On a side note, you can add the website name to your name when you put an order. That way, you will know who sold your info when you receive spam.
Meh. I got a box of supplies delivered from Amex via CP. I wasn't home so it went to the CP office. I didn't have proof of ownership but the person just gave it to me as I had the same address as the package.
Ymmv... But my delivery person just gives me EVERYTHING!!! Even when it's not ours.... Sigh...
Temp. Banned
Apr 28, 2010
1117 posts
1869 upvotes
richmond hill
People acting like enough companies and the government don’t already have all your info…or can get it in a second if they wanted to 🤣.

The scaredy cats can get the covid vaccine the next day but scared to give a known company your mailing address.

Thanks OP in for a nice winter pair. Steel stud gets pretty cold these should help
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4999 posts
4443 upvotes
Fei wrote: No you can also fake your address. Get a Canada Post Flex Delivery, it's free. It delivers the package to a nearby retail post office, mostly Shopper Drug Mart, and you pick it up from there.
Not all companies participate in flex delivery... You can't use it as your own PO BOX!
Sep 6, 2010
57 posts
68 upvotes
Never had a company reject me because of the address. You signed up for flex delivery and you get a number that's unique to you, so yes, you literally get your own PO box. Your address would look like:

PO BOX ###### AB ### ###
City, prov, postal code

You can put w/e name you want, and they will give it to you when you pick it up.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Why are you people giving any real info except shipping address. Use a fake email, fake name.

Bilbo will be getting some free cheap gloves to my address
Like Bilbo Baggins?
Aug 22, 2012
787 posts
1298 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Like Bilbo Baggins?
Yes.

Has anyone gotten their gloves? Or is this the free neti pot all over again?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4999 posts
4443 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Yes.

What was the free neti pot fiasco?!? Got mine but still waiting for these gloves.
Jun 4, 2013
458 posts
504 upvotes
GTA
Enforcer22 wrote:
Yes.

Haven’t received the coveted gloves yet.