• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2019 6:01 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario

ideas for a good celiac vegetarian at an all inclusive

Any recommendations for a resort in either DR or Mex that has gluten free and Vegetarian options?
3 replies
Jan 8, 2009
937 posts
656 upvotes
Simcoe County
I know the Palladium resorts offer many options for allergies and intolerances as well as vegetarian options. Food in Mexico is always better so if it matters highly to you, I would go with Mexico over DR. I would also contact the resort in advance of arriving (or even booking) and make sure you feel confident they can accommodate your needs if it's celiac disease and not simply an allergy/intolerance.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
jrbb0309 wrote: I know the Palladium resorts offer many options for allergies and intolerances as well as vegetarian options. Food in Mexico is always better so if it matters highly to you, I would go with Mexico over DR. I would also contact the resort in advance of arriving (or even booking) and make sure you feel confident they can accommodate your needs if it's celiac disease and not simply an allergy/intolerance.
^agree with this... some chains that place a high emphasis on catering to serious allergies / special diets .... no particular order:

- Karisma Resorts
- AMR Resorts (go under the resort names: Now, Sunscape, Reflect, Secrets, Dreams & Zoetry)
- Paradisus Resorts
- Hard Rock Resorts
- Palace Resorts
- Royalton Resorts (including: Memories Resorts)
- Planet Hollywood Resorts
- Beaches Resorts
- Sandal’s Resorts
- Excellence Resorts
- Velas Resorts

* many of the chains mentioned above are US / Canadian / European owned.
**note: overall I find in Mexico as things are more Americanized they are easier to work with. However many of these chains operate in other parts of the Caribbean too (incl. but not limited to Dominican Republic & Jamaica)
***avoid Cuba overall (as their food handling practices are questionable even in the best of circumstances)
**** You could also look at cruises too ALL major cruise lines also excel at catering to special diets and allergies.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
Also lean towards a resort with a high number of rooms.
That will make it more likely there are people with dietary restrictions and the resort will know how to handle it.
I find the buffets have greater selection with the higher number of guests.
Cancun and Playa Del Carmen are both very good.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto