• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 5:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4003 posts
1160 upvotes

Identify this connector type

Here's another round of identify this connector. So I obtained a MSI Z87 Mpower MAX motherboard that came with the wifi module but no antenna. From what I can see the connector is not the typical screw in SMA type since my spare antenna is way too big. but some sort of snap in similar to the ones you find on the laptop wireless card... but bigger.

It's kind of like this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-A10-Co ... B01L5V5K3Y

From googling it looks like a TS9 connector? or maybe CRC9 ? anyone got any suggestions or have any experience finding replacement antenna for such a connection?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8284 posts
2907 upvotes
Maple
Can you get motherboard model#? then lcook for antenna replacement.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4003 posts
1160 upvotes
Search for MSI Z87 Mpower max antenna didn't show up any replacement antenna on ebay. I know the Asus Z99 deluxe antenna will work but its $50+. If I can get the connector type can get some cheaper generic antenna
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
would be cheaper to buy a new wireless card
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jan 6, 2004
698 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
while you do your research, try reaching out to MSI and see if they can help you out. Some vendors send out free replacement, CoolerMaster did when I asked for parts but they sent me the entire front panel.