Expired Hot Deals

idrinkcoffee

Rocket Appartamento Espresso Machine + Faustino Grinder (Copper) (~1000$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 11:51 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2019
32 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Rocket Appartamento Espresso Machine + Faustino Grinder (Copper) (~1000$ off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$3200
Savings:
$300-$1000
Expiry:
July 5, 2022
Retailer:
idrinkcoffee
If you're a coffee/espresso enthusiast and feeling extra boujee, looking to upgrade your current machine to a pro-sumer level machine, then this post is for you. Otherwise you'll get a heart attack seeing the prices wondering why anyone would spend a couple grand on these contraptions haha.

For the Canada Day weekend, iDrinkCoffee is paying for tax for almost everything and also has extra savings on specific bundles (300-1000$ off, see images below). Sale is until Monday (not sure if that means it ends at 11:59pm today).

Products to note (or maybe because I'm personally looking at them):

Other things to note:
  • IdrinkCoffee offers payment plans (over 24 months with interest). Paying about 150$/month doesn't seem so bad??
  • Create an account before purchasing to join the "IDrinkCoffee club" so you can get points on your purchase. It's 30 points/$. Ex: for the Rocket bundle ($3200 x 30 points = 96 000 points = 96$ credit)
  • Exclusions:
    Products from Acaia, Baratza, Breville, Comandante, Jura, La Marzocco, Lelit, La Spaziale, Technivorm, Miele, Ceado, Macap, Mussa, Eureka Perfetto, Eureka Atom and Mazzer Mini Type A. Products that are already discounted*, Service Charges, Shipping Charges, Out of stock or preorder items, Used or Open Box Equipment and Commercial equipment.

Click on the Deal Link to get direct links to the following BUNDLES:

2-Canada-Day-Thursday.jpg
2-Canada-Day-Saturday.jpg
Last edited by misschoo on Jul 5th, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new coffee maker? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best espresso machines!
57 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5245 posts
4828 upvotes
Edmonton
Good deals and tempting.... I've been tempted to upgrade from my barista express but looking to skip HX and go straight to DB. Don't really feel like dealing with temp surfing of HX. On the other hand I drink Americano 95% of the time and SO drinks lattes a few times a week so not sure if it's worth it. Might just upgrade the grinder and keep the barista.

Current dream setup is ECM Synchronika and Mignon Specialita... But by the time I can afford it, I'll probably have a more expensive dream setup lol.

Espresso is a dangerous drug... Stay away people.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 29, 2015
40 posts
86 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
This certainly isn’t for everyone, that said I have the rocket r58 paired with the rocket grinder and it is a beauty setup. If you are wanting to up your game this is an excellent value
Nov 10, 2013
430 posts
444 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I hate bundles, I don't know who can take advantage of this.
E.g. I have Specialita already and would consider upgrading the machine, but don't need both.
I was looking at Apartamento a few months ago, when I thought my machine was breaking down...
Nov 12, 2020
35 posts
30 upvotes
gobseck wrote: I hate bundles, I don't know who can take advantage of this.
E.g. I have Specialita already and would consider upgrading the machine, but don't need both.
I was looking at Apartamento a few months ago, when I thought my machine was breaking down...
Completely agree. I'm assuming anyone who would be interested in these machines already spent big money on their grinder.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1534 posts
2424 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Good deals and tempting.... I've been tempted to upgrade from my barista express but looking to skip HX and go straight to DB. Don't really feel like dealing with temp surfing of HX. On the other hand I drink Americano 95% of the time and SO drinks lattes a few times a week so not sure if it's worth it. Might just upgrade the grinder and keep the barista.

Current dream setup is ECM Synchronika and Mignon Specialita... But by the time I can afford it, I'll probably have a more expensive dream setup lol.

Espresso is a dangerous drug... Stay away people.
Specialita is a great grinder! Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5245 posts
4828 upvotes
Edmonton
I would much prefer if they give us standard bundled discount and let us choose what items go in the bundle. This way they get multi item sale and consumer gets the choice.

Sep 5, 2017
211 posts
220 upvotes
Halifax
I have this combo (Apartamento and Faustino) in black. I love my mornings with a nice espresso beverage and great steamer quality.

Grinder is quiet and consistent.

Good upgrade from drip coffee.

0 issues so far. 8 months out after purchase.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2019
32 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I agree bundles mostly suck, especially if it's not the bundle you were looking for. I thought that most people who wanted to get a fancy espresso machine, would most likely not have a fancy grinder already (assuming lots of people have a Breville Barista express which would have built in grinder and that would be good enough).

It could still be worth it to not have to pay the tax..which is about 330$ in savings. Other times to get the Appartamento would be one of their 15% off sale, but that's practically tax, unless you're open to Open box items (i think it's about 400-500$ off).

Anyway, iDrinkCoffee seems to have this same kind of deal on major holidays. i just found a BF 2019 post about this same Appartamento bundle for 2900$ (which was a 200$ savings).. mann sucks everything is so much more expensive
May 5, 2017
502 posts
193 upvotes
They do this every year, I got my cafelat robot last year using this promo I think.. solid vendor afaik
May 5, 2017
502 posts
193 upvotes
tdotishome wrote: Completely agree. I'm assuming anyone who would be interested in these machines already spent big money on their grinder.
It's still tax free for several items which is very good for items that rarely go on sale and if you want to buy new!
Nov 12, 2017
186 posts
166 upvotes
Calgary
AndrewN448399 wrote: I have this combo (Apartamento and Faustino) in black. I love my mornings with a nice espresso beverage and great steamer quality.

Grinder is quiet and consistent.

Good upgrade from drip coffee.

0 issues so far. 8 months out after purchase.
Remember to do yearly service and descale! Also there's a flow profile kit available as well
Oct 10, 2004
900 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Why not contact them and ask for a deal on the Apartamento? I have always gotten fantastic service from idc.
May 28, 2006
799 posts
509 upvotes
The copper Apartamento is my dream machine cause of the performance and looks, but right now completely out of reach, one day though!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5245 posts
4828 upvotes
Edmonton
RyanL93740 wrote: Worth it compared to a Phillips 3200?
Different categories of devices. The Rocket or any proper espresso machine can make worse or better espresso then the Phillips depending on the user. But the Phillips can never make anywhere near as good an espresso as a proper machine in good hands.

Sep 5, 2017
211 posts
220 upvotes
Halifax
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote: Remember to do yearly service and descale! Also there's a flow profile kit available as well
Thanks going to keep the flow profile on wish list. Didnt know about that!

Yearly maintenance will be done for sure! Plan to have it professionally serviced.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1985 posts
692 upvotes
Smiley09 wrote: The copper Apartamento is my dream machine cause of the performance and looks, but right now completely out of reach, one day though!
I know that feeling but if I dont jump on this now, I'd probably never will. I've never seen a deal better than this on an entry level Rocket
Sep 3, 2010
248 posts
276 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I would much prefer if they give us standard bundled discount and let us choose what items go in the bundle. This way they get multi item sale and consumer gets the choice.
True but stores/vendor have to sell either whichever model they have most in inventory or which ever brand that they have the biggest revenue from ..you don’t have to like it but it’s just how it works ..they’d just be out of business if they operate it other ways.. and unfortunate for us in Canada, there are NO real competition among different stores….most stores are either too geographically far apart or they focus on selling different brand/model among one another so they don’t directly compete between each other :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)