Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18376 posts
2202 upvotes
Woodbridge

If you can Call why do you text...

Especially if it's a long *** conversation?

My girl, I rarely text always video call.

I hate it, when I feel it's going to go back and forth for awhile. I just make the call. It's easier.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4113 posts
1466 upvotes
GTA
Listen sweetie, i don't think this is going to work out anymore, your temper is just too much for me. It's not me its you...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6830 posts
1278 upvotes
Scarborough
Yeh its faster/easier to call than text
Unless its something like telling someone where u r, or about a gricery item to be picked up
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1055 posts
903 upvotes
Markham, ON
I text or whatsapp with pretty much everyone, except my parents or in-laws.

Texting/WhatsApp is much faster and less unnecessary conversation.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6142 posts
1413 upvotes
Richmond Hill
why talk when u can just text? Texting is straight to the point, no awkwardness or making small talk, give you time to think what to say, no need to answer right away.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10569 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
Unless you know the other party is not busy and has time to talk, a call is an imposition.

You can also pause/end a text conversation anytime without it being awkward or having to make an excuse.
<< Public Mobile, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital, STACK user >>
FS: Phanteks Low Profile Cooler | Athlon X2 265
MY HEATWARE
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32846 posts
6491 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Kids prefer to text. They could be sitting next to you and they will still text you
Oct 24, 2016
876 posts
730 upvotes
ON
^ Lol....my son texts me in the kitchen while he’s upstairs in his bedroom.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1308 posts
328 upvotes
Halifax
I personally hate talking on the phone. Unless it's a scheduled call, I never pick up. Also, if you want to speak with a group of people it's way easier just to create a chat group. You can also not respond to a text until your are ready to commit, not possible with a call.
Aug 6, 2019
67 posts
28 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: why talk when u can just text? Texting is straight to the point, no awkwardness or making small talk, give you time to think what to say, no need to answer right away.
call "hey, hows it going? good, and you? great. just wondering what you are up too? not much, you? oh not much , just wondering what you are doing after dinner? nothing, thinking about getting groceries, maybe hitting the bank. how long ....
text. bored. coming over. bring beer.
Dec 28, 2017
268 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
Talking takes time, but build a relationship between friends and family. Those small talks is what builds a relationship.

Text is for straight to the point on things that are not urgent. Text takes longer to manage several different topics.

I text my friends most of the time, but I still call them when I have time and want to chat about several topics.

Also, meeting up with friends and family also builds a relationship.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1713 posts
919 upvotes
Durham
Text during the day because people are busy. Text because they can respond when they are free. Not everyone has the luxury to make video calls during the day.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3877 posts
452 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I only call if I need an immediate answer, otherwise text/message. Phone calls take your focus away from doing other things.
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
20 posts
20 upvotes
Need to document everything in todays over Litigious culture, You buy the wrong frozen Pizza and your partner and kids are suing you for damages... best have evidence they asked for
Dr. Oekter and not Dellisio! Slice Of PizzaUpside-down Face
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4009 posts
1171 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
texting takes more time to get the same message across, so this is my biggest beef with it
I find some people are "affraid" to call and hide behind a text message, especially when they are sending the following:
1) birthday invitations
2) baptism invitations
3) holy communion invitations
4) Hallowe'en party invitations
5) Christmas party invitations

It gets on my nerves. just pick up the phone and call, sometimes these people are sending a full on invitation card too over text, a card they either paid someone to design or designed herself, over a text message, so professional., its always the same 4 people who text invites
and when they ask about my mom who does NOT have text messaging, i tell them: SORRY, she does not use wahtsapp, or Sms or face time or RCS, you have to actually CALL her or MAIL HER an invite, they kinda get upset or i can sense their frustration but you know what? they actually caved in and mailed my mom a card once ,haha i can tell they were frustrated, but guess what? NOT EVERYONE texts, especially senior citizens
Hi