Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19140 posts
2860 upvotes
Woodbridge

If you can Call why do you text...

Especially if it's a long *** conversation?

My girl, I rarely text always video call.

I hate it, when I feel it's going to go back and forth for awhile. I just make the call. It's easier.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4992 posts
2614 upvotes
GTA
Listen sweetie, i don't think this is going to work out anymore, your temper is just too much for me. It's not me its you...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7396 posts
1568 upvotes
Scarborough
Yeh its faster/easier to call than text
Unless its something like telling someone where u r, or about a gricery item to be picked up
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1642 posts
1667 upvotes
Markham, ON
I text or whatsapp with pretty much everyone, except my parents or in-laws.

Texting/WhatsApp is much faster and less unnecessary conversation.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6848 posts
1930 upvotes
Richmond Hill
why talk when u can just text? Texting is straight to the point, no awkwardness or making small talk, give you time to think what to say, no need to answer right away.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10648 posts
1081 upvotes
Vancouver
Unless you know the other party is not busy and has time to talk, a call is an imposition.

You can also pause/end a text conversation anytime without it being awkward or having to make an excuse.
<< Public Mobile, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital, STACK user >>
FS: Phanteks Low Profile Cooler | Athlon X2 265
MY HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1291 posts
1215 upvotes
ON
^ Lol....my son texts me in the kitchen while he’s upstairs in his bedroom.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1422 posts
439 upvotes
Halifax
I personally hate talking on the phone. Unless it's a scheduled call, I never pick up. Also, if you want to speak with a group of people it's way easier just to create a chat group. You can also not respond to a text until your are ready to commit, not possible with a call.
Aug 6, 2019
192 posts
125 upvotes
berta
yesstyle wrote: why talk when u can just text? Texting is straight to the point, no awkwardness or making small talk, give you time to think what to say, no need to answer right away.
call "hey, hows it going? good, and you? great. just wondering what you are up too? not much, you? oh not much , just wondering what you are doing after dinner? nothing, thinking about getting groceries, maybe hitting the bank. how long ....
text. bored. coming over. bring beer.
Only an administrator can reverse an infraction and it is only done if an infraction was given in error. Private message admin if you believe an error has occurred.

Original Post: https://forums.redflagdeals.com./viewto ... #p35694391
not food
Dec 28, 2017
402 posts
175 upvotes
Burlington
Talking takes time, but build a relationship between friends and family. Those small talks is what builds a relationship.

Text is for straight to the point on things that are not urgent. Text takes longer to manage several different topics.

I text my friends most of the time, but I still call them when I have time and want to chat about several topics.

Also, meeting up with friends and family also builds a relationship.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1989 posts
1245 upvotes
Durham
Text during the day because people are busy. Text because they can respond when they are free. Not everyone has the luxury to make video calls during the day.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4126 posts
666 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I only call if I need an immediate answer, otherwise text/message. Phone calls take your focus away from doing other things.
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
20 posts
21 upvotes
Need to document everything in todays over Litigious culture, You buy the wrong frozen Pizza and your partner and kids are suing you for damages... best have evidence they asked for
Dr. Oekter and not Dellisio! Slice Of PizzaUpside-down Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6400 posts
2013 upvotes
0 downvotes
texting takes more time to get the same message across, so this is my biggest beef with it
I find some people are "affraid" to call and hide behind a text message, especially when they are sending the following:
1) birthday invitations
2) baptism invitations
3) holy communion invitations
4) Hallowe'en party invitations
5) Christmas party invitations

It gets on my nerves. just pick up the phone and call, sometimes these people are sending a full on invitation card too over text, a card they either paid someone to design or designed herself, over a text message, so professional., its always the same 4 people who text invites
and when they ask about my mom who does NOT have text messaging, i tell them: SORRY, she does not use wahtsapp, or Sms or face time or RCS, you have to actually CALL her or MAIL HER an invite, they kinda get upset or i can sense their frustration but you know what? they actually caved in and mailed my mom a card once ,haha i can tell they were frustrated, but guess what? NOT EVERYONE texts, especially senior citizens
Hello and Welcome to Red Flag Deals!
This is my signature line, nothing special to see here now go away, lol!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13853 posts
3022 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's easier to multi-task when text messaging, including having two simultaneous conversations with the same person. (You can have two or more topics of discussion going in one chat session.)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1847 posts
2399 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's entirely context dependent. I hate when someone calls me for something that they could've just sent a quick text about. Especially when I know they're not gonna remember what I told them; if they'd texted, they'd have it to refer back to.

Another annoyance:

"Hey, are you busy?"
"I'm at [work/the doctor's office/about to fistfight someone]"
"Oh, okay; I'll text you."

Why not just text me "Are you free to talk?"

Then there are some people that I only call, and not because they're old and not tech savvy, but because they kan't reed or rite gud and a text conversation would take ages.

Still, the ultimate worst are the "Hey, it's _________. Call me when you get this," voicemails...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36807 posts
4970 upvotes
Winnipeg
Most of the time it is nothing urgent and therefore do not need an immediate response. A call is basically saying stop whatever you are doing and pick up the phone.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Nov 13, 2014
818 posts
912 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I don't like talking on the phone, I don't like small talk on silences on the phone, I like asking a question and getting a straight answer, and above everything, text is proof. At work I almost never call anyone, even when I have an interaction with someone I want them to confirm to me by email what we said. Having a ''paper trail'' is pretty important for me, as it can settle a dispute, or anything really. Having said that, when I need an answer really quick, I'll call.

When I want to talk I try to meet my friends. These last few months, it's been harder to meet them, but that's how I normally am.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6848 posts
1930 upvotes
Richmond Hill
theXshape wrote: I don't like talking on the phone, I don't like small talk on silences on the phone, I like asking a question and getting a straight answer, and above everything, text is proof. At work I almost never call anyone, even when I have an interaction with someone I want them to confirm to me by email what we said. Having a ''paper trail'' is pretty important for me, as it can settle a dispute, or anything really. Having said that, when I need an answer really quick, I'll call.

When I want to talk I try to meet my friends. These last few months, it's been harder to meet them, but that's how I normally am.
yes, quite important to have something to refer to if you forget and we rarely record phone calls

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)