Off Topic

If you could give advice to your 30 year old self, what would you say?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2585 posts
497 upvotes

32 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3890 posts
31350 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd say start running, but having seen that you'd have to prop up anywhere, and money would be drained unless you were back to staying in one place, that you can't do that. It would become drifting and than you'd be back to where you started.

Maybe I meant running from a bench to a garbage can. I need something adrenaline pumped, and am getting anxious due to covid living. Sure, you can do anything you've always done, to a degree, except shop and work, but the batch of things you've already done is stalling the plight for new adventure because you're back to where you've always been.

ok not running than, they should invent a running app on that new virtual boy with laser roads and things that trip you out on the side, like a moon than a bite being taken than a cat's smile than his teeth becoming pilons and someone is rollerblading. end of run. that would be weird and lame.

i got nothing today. i'm in my 30's and now feel old not having any good advice for myself...this covid is taming everyone and we got our lives to live
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14879 posts
2853 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Let it be. Everything always works out. Just focus on things that you can control. Desire the best, work hard and deliver the best, but then let it be.

PS. Eat less processed food. And have protein shakes. ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3579 posts
809 upvotes
Get the hell out of your job as it'll suck the life out of you. Do the same thing but do it elsewhere it's 70 % less work for the same pay.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2357 posts
1985 upvotes
Canada
Give advice to your 20s self...
To the moon
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11645 posts
506 upvotes
Buy Amazon, don't bet on oil in 2020, and here's a copy of the 2019 Grays Sports Almanac (the 2020 one will be useless).
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1515 posts
457 upvotes
Play these numbers for Lotto Max on this date and these numbers on this date. Plus, walk the dog more often
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1296 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Date as many girls and pick the one you wanna spend time time with. Don’t delay it.

Save money as much as and have extra income.

Buy/rental properties and travel.

Take culinary/learn to cook.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1421 posts
519 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Do what you really want to do NOW because when you get older you may not be physically able to (my situation).

You will be 30 one day and 50+ the next. It happens in a heartbeat. I don't know where the last 20 years went.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20618 posts
2958 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Invest a sizable chunk in Bit Coin, sell most of it when it hits $18 000, enjoy your money.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4648 posts
180 upvotes
Austin/Markham
Buy a King not Queen size mattress, otherwise when you have kids they'll kick you all night long.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1442 posts
1188 upvotes
Don't buy cheap condoms... Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy
I never get mad. Instead I get even. It's a lot more fun 😂
Dec 18, 2017
217 posts
117 upvotes
GVA
Buy real estate as soon as you can, rent less even if you need to stay at home with family or live with roommates. Don't buy the newest shiny thing until later in life - cars, phones, TVs, etc. Also get a degree; I couldn't have my job now because I don't have one and my company now requires it for middle management.
Jan 16, 2009
194 posts
81 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Date as many girls and pick the one you wanna spend time time with. Don’t delay it.

Save money as much as and have extra income.

Buy/rental properties and travel.

Take culinary/learn to cook.
Wow... are you me???

The first one especially... I ended up accomplishing the other points fairly early on, but the most important one still eludes me, lol... That would be my Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure moment...

Another piece of advice for my 30 year old self, would be to not focus too much on the salary of a job, but to also consider long term factors, like job growth/potential/environment...
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11900 posts
6438 upvotes
Brampton
When I get there I'll ask him what he wants to know.
Aug 11, 2018
855 posts
712 upvotes
i remember reading similar posts on the internet when i was 18-20years old and i think i'm doing well now (in my 30's) thanks to strangers ''life lessons''