Health & Wellness

If you are getting a vaccine and you live ALONE, then prepare food and water beforehand

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2021 11:30 am
[OP]
Jan 31, 2016
299 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario

If you are getting a vaccine and you live ALONE, then prepare food and water beforehand

If you are getting a vaccine and you live ALONE, then you should prepare some food and water beforehand.
I received a vaccine last Thursday, but I'm still sick a little bit. It was worse yesterday which was the second day after getting a shot. The first day, I didn't feel any side effects. The very next morning, I felt chilly, dizzy, weak, muscle-aches, headache, etc. Yes, all the side effects from covid vaccines you can find from google. I've got AZ and this doesn't limit to certain vaccines, it happens with all vaccines. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm jus telling you how I'm unprepared and that makes me feel even lousier.

One of the reasons I'm writing this is because I'm not the healthiest man, but I haven't been sick for many years. Most of all, I've never had any side effects from any vaccines even when I was getting the swine flu vaccine when there was another swine flu pandemic like 7 or 8 years ago. Many people complained drowsiness after getting a swine flu shot. I don't have any allergies either.

The experiences of the side effects from covid vaccines probably have passed along here but what I point out is those people who live alone. If you live alone and getting a vaccine soon, prepare some food and water around your bed just in case or anything you can grab and eat easily for a couple of days. If you don't get any side effects, then congratulations. There are probably a lot more people not getting the side effects. If you get some side effects and you live alone, you'll feel better at least for being prepared.
7 replies
Banned
Oct 17, 2020
217 posts
146 upvotes
Piss pot too. Seriously, this sounds scary. Tylenol.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27831 posts
4137 upvotes
Montreal
Tikwalus wrote: Piss pot too. Seriously, this sounds scary. Tylenol.
I agree it's a bit dramatic. But yeah my mom couldn't move her arm for a few days so meals were fish sticks and soup pretty much.
May 31, 2008
236 posts
394 upvotes
Good advice and I would also recommend having at least a two-week supply of food, water, and anything else you normally need just in case you ever get covid or need to self-isolate because you might have been exposed to someone with covid.

Back in December, someone at my office tested positive which meant those in close contact with the individual automatically had to self isolate for two weeks, and everyone had to be tested. If you live alone and suddenly get the call to self isolate you don't want to worry about groceries and other necessities.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2400 posts
559 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
OP funny enough you might be on to something, check out this article. Also, the younger you are the more relevant this may be. I was listenign to Doctor Radio on Sirius XM and the docs mentioned the younger you are the more noticeable any sideeffects can be for ANY vaccination, and that is normal, as the younger you are the stroner your immune system is and it could (not always) cause a greater level of any post vaccination symptoms. In fact the post symptoms are a good thing, its a sign your body is working with the vaccine to build immunity.

I meal-prepped ahead of my COVID-19 vaccine and the 2-day fever that followed. Here's what worked — and what I would do differently.
https://www.insider.com/i-meal-prepped- ... cts-2021-5
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12636 posts
9242 upvotes
Edmonton
ludwig3 wrote: If you are getting a vaccine and you live ALONE, then you should prepare some food and water beforehand.
I received a vaccine last Thursday, but I'm still sick a little bit. It was worse yesterday which was the second day after getting a shot. The first day, I didn't feel any side effects. The very next morning, I felt chilly, dizzy, weak, muscle-aches, headache, etc. Yes, all the side effects from covid vaccines you can find from google. I've got AZ and this doesn't limit to certain vaccines, it happens with all vaccines. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm jus telling you how I'm unprepared and that makes me feel even lousier.

One of the reasons I'm writing this is because I'm not the healthiest man, but I haven't been sick for many years. Most of all, I've never had any side effects from any vaccines even when I was getting the swine flu vaccine when there was another swine flu pandemic like 7 or 8 years ago. Many people complained drowsiness after getting a swine flu shot. I don't have any allergies either.

The experiences of the side effects from covid vaccines probably have passed along here but what I point out is those people who live alone. If you live alone and getting a vaccine soon, prepare some food and water around your bed just in case or anything you can grab and eat easily for a couple of days. If you don't get any side effects, then congratulations. There are probably a lot more people not getting the side effects. If you get some side effects and you live alone, you'll feel better at least for being prepared.
I'm a pretty healthy 53 year old, and never had a reaction to any other vaccination. Got my AZ shot a week ago last Saturday, woke up Sunday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Fever, chills, everything hurt. Felt sicker than I've been in years. Took some ibuprofin and Tylenol, chugged down some fluids, and went back to sleep for the afternoon. Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a golf cart, so doing better. No more fever, either. Got another night's sleep, woke up on Monday feeling like I was recovering from a hangover from my old drinking days, so not so bad. Tuesday was back to normal.

My GF had no reaction aside from a slightly sore shoulder.

C