If you are not drinking matcha tea instead of coffeeyou are missing out

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2018 4:05 pm
[OP]
Nov 2, 2010
735 posts
128 upvotes

If you are not drinking matcha tea instead of coffeeyou are missing out

Yes Matcha tea is so much better in so many ways than that crap called Coffee.
I've been off coffee for about a year only drink matcha everyday and wow just wow.
39 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12597 posts
1961 upvotes
City of Vancouver
It is expensive
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8095 posts
2085 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a tin at home but don't drink it. I also have matcha latte in powder form at home just bought from T&T, imported from Japan.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14675 posts
2741 upvotes
Toronto
I have Matcha tea powder from David's tea (both plain and some flavoured) and I still drink Coffee or energy drinks.
Apr 4, 2012
522 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
I get the 9 oz cans of organic matcha powder from Costco, prefer the tatse to the conventional green tea I was used to.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17733 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
Can you take Chinese tea leaves and ground it to a fine powder to use? Saw a YouTube video where they used green tea leaves and processed.

The ones you buy pre ground is very expensive.
Banned
Feb 18, 2018
8 posts
Well, considering how bad [spam removed] has become, at least in most coffee shops I know, I am thinking of experimenting with tea, so thanks for the tip.
Last edited by Blandermed on May 9th, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1028 posts
423 upvotes
nataliya64605 wrote:
May 8th, 2018 11:14 pm
I get the 9 oz cans of organic matcha powder from Costco, prefer the tatse to the conventional green tea I was used to.
Costco online or in the warehouse? I've never been able to find just matcha... I've found the green tea bags with some matcha added in the bag but not the pure powder. I know I can get it online in the huge bag ($90 I think it was... >.>) Would prefer a can & in person purchase though.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
[OP]
Nov 2, 2010
735 posts
128 upvotes
Becks wrote:
May 8th, 2018 5:01 pm
It is expensive
Depends some grades are higher than others so the price goes up.

playnicee1 wrote:
May 8th, 2018 5:24 pm
I have Matcha tea powder from David's tea (both plain and some flavoured) and I still drink Coffee or energy drinks.
I stopped buying from David's tea. I mean its great for starters to matcha but once I started getting mine from http://www.hibiki-an.com I stopped messing with David's tea's. Like litterally had some of their house matcha and the day I took some I was hyper to the point it was scary.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14675 posts
2741 upvotes
Toronto
Casual wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:09 am
I stopped buying from David's tea. I mean its great for starters to matcha but once I started getting mine from http://www.hibiki-an.com I stopped messing with David's tea's. Like litterally had some of their house matcha and the day I took some I was hyper to the point it was scary.
David's tea actually encourages that I stick with their "Buzz tea" line of teas if I really want to be awake. (including Electric lemonade, Chocolate rocket, etc)
More than anything Matcha.
Apr 4, 2012
522 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
SignedA wrote:
May 9th, 2018 9:40 am
Costco online or in the warehouse? I've never been able to find just matcha... I've found the green tea bags with some matcha added in the bag but not the pure powder. I know I can get it online in the huge bag ($90 I think it was... >.>) Would prefer a can & in person purchase though.
I've only seen it at the Etobicoke Costco in the GTA, this exact same one but $20
https://www.amazon.ca/Elan-Organic-Japa ... B072R4JHKX
Mar 1, 2008
828 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to get more ever since I visited Uji a month ago.
Casual wrote:
May 9th, 2018 10:09 am
Depends some grades are higher than others so the price goes up.