Travel

If your COVID test is positive you need to change your departure date. What are you doing for that?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 9:40 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2020
699 posts
175 upvotes
Canada
> The US require a negative test to fly in as well so if you test positive outside US, you can't fly via US and come back

Yes but isn't it a rapid antigen test which is cheaper/easier to get than the PCR one?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
MichaelZZZ wrote: The crowding is definitely a problem. Hopefully I could opt to travel at the least crowded time if I was going to another city. But all the windows were open weren't they? And what if I was able to sit beside a window? I have a long neck which would enable me to get my long nose out the window!
Almost by definition, second class buses are not well maintained. Some windows open and close; some are open and do not close; some are closed and do not open.

Yikes....I see what you mean. Was this in Zihuatanejo?
In the Zihuatanejo area.

In those states that are "semaforo rojo" it seems that the crowding won't be an issue as transportation is reduced to 50% capacity, but getting a ticket might be more of a problem. Also, wearing masks is mandatory inside of transportation.

See also:

http://periodicooficial.guerrero.gob.mx ... O-2021.pdf
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
9969 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've only booked one international flight for November and I made sure to check the airline had a COVID policy in case there were any changes needed. Other than getting a fare with a refundable or no change fee policy, there isn't much else to do if you happen to test positive and need to move your dates, especially if you test positive in the foreign country.

You can reduce the risk to yourself via what you're doing but there always is one (even if you stayed domestic there's a risk).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7786 posts
1816 upvotes
Scarborough
Plenty of people flying around the world.........get out there and enjoy your journey
No use sitting for a year or 2 just bcaz of this virus.

Or do what people do.
Buy one-ways and go by that.
buy ticket few days before travel
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland
I’ve been to 18 countries since covid started.

Got covid 0 times.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Energie11 wrote: I’ve been to 18 countries since covid started.

Got covid 0 times.
Can you compare for us the experience of being tested in each of those 18 countries?
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored