Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IHG Hotels & Resorts

Free Platinum Elite Status for 120 days

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2022 3:47 pm
Apr 18, 2004
613 posts
1144 upvotes
Calgary

Free Platinum Elite Status for 120 days

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 31, 2022
Retailer:
IHG Hotels & Resorts
If you are a member with Accor, Best Western, Choice, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Radisson or Wyndham (all free to join) you can get automatic IHG One Rewards Platinum status to try out for 120 days. Then if you complete 5 nights within 120 days of registering you can keep that status until December 2023 and if you complete 10 additional nights (15 total) within that same 120 days you will get their higher Diamond Elite Status Level until the end of 2023.

This is perfect for those travelling this summer and know they will have stays at Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc to get some extra perks.

IHG One Rewards Platinum Status provides some simple extras like 60% bonus points, upgrades subject to availability, welcome amenity, early check in/late check out

Also wanted to add: Don't forget that you can also earn up to 4x points on all IHG stays until August 31! Just make sure you register for the offer before you complete your stay(s)
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 25th, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed link. contact us to discuss advertising options
181 replies
Oct 30, 2019
871 posts
1803 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Im a Marriott Titanium Elite, do I need to prove that I am for a status match. It didn't ask me anywhere.
Dec 10, 2018
89 posts
337 upvotes
Weird, I just registered using the Best Western register link and it just made me a Club member.

How/when is the status upgraded?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1349 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Same here. Also, when does it start? As soon as your register?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4304 upvotes
Berczy Park
gbssengo wrote: Same here. Also, when does it start? As soon as your register?
Yes, so wait until the last minute (or until you have stays coming up) unless you think they will pull the promo early.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4304 upvotes
Berczy Park
Excellent news! I used to be a loyal Kimpton guy (when in the US) but didn't stick around after the IHG buyout. I may have to dip my toes in and see how it feels after a few years, now that Kimpton has gone international.
Apr 18, 2004
613 posts
1144 upvotes
Calgary
timetofly3 wrote: Weird, I just registered using the Best Western register link and it just made me a Club member.

How/when is the status upgraded?
According to IHG's terms and conditions:

"Once a member registers for the Promotion, the member will automatically be upgraded to IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status and can start enjoying the associated benefits."

It might be that it won't show up in your account until the next day as sometimes they don't do updates until overnight.
Apr 18, 2004
613 posts
1144 upvotes
Calgary
bg8055 wrote: Im a Marriott Titanium Elite, do I need to prove that I am for a status match. It didn't ask me anywhere.
No need to prove it as they are offering the Platinum status to any member who registers.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1703 posts
1785 upvotes
Thanks op. I haven't stayed at ihg in forever, I miss their old challenges to earn free nights.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
2634 posts
8910 upvotes
rewardscanada wrote: This is perfect for those travelling this summer and know they will have stays at Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc to get some extra perks.

IHG One Rewards Platinum Status provides some simple extras like 60% bonus points, upgrades subject to availability, welcome amenity, early check in/late check out
any worthwhile perks if staying at a basic holiday inn express? not sure what a welcome amenity is or the odds of getting late check out are.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
IHG web site is a mess. I can't even log in.
Apr 7, 2015
831 posts
846 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I've got 14 days booked for a Wyndham resort already, would I have to rebook for this to count?
Apr 18, 2004
613 posts
1144 upvotes
Calgary
AncientWords wrote: I've got 14 days booked for a Wyndham resort already, would I have to rebook for this to count?
Wyndham is not part of IHG so no need to rebook. You may want to check out this offer for Wyndham however https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/en-us/wyn ... free-night
and also these offers https://www.rewardscanada.ca/wyndhamrewards.html#target
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2105 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
Any free stay for Platinum Elite Status ?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
Is the sign up expiry confirmed to be as July 31st. I have some travel coming up in October end where I may be able to use this.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5290 posts
6490 upvotes
Actually have to stay at the hotel or just book/pay for 5 nights and not show up also work?
May 16, 2022
4 posts
2 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote: Any free stay for Platinum Elite Status ?
Just free upgrades and bonus points, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)