Expired Hot Deals

[IHL Canada] Milwaukee M18 Fuel Circular Saw (2730-20) $144.99 and Sawzall (2720-20) $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 11:37 am
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2122 posts
1480 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bahadur wrote: Langley, BC , HD would not PM, due to no stores in BC.

Also had no luck online after ~10 attempts - Below is a list of agents to avoid

DUA
FAAIZA
DANIEL
SADIAN
DOREE
RUPINDER
ESTHER
Raymund Mahu

This is what I was told towards the end:

Agent 1:

"Sorry but we cannot do the price match if you cannot provide a link to the flyer. As we have received a lot of price match requests regarding this item with IHL and the flyer is not on the website. We had a memo today regarding this not to price match since it is not reflected on the website."

Agent 2:

"I am so sorry but upon opening this picture up that you sent it is actually not legitimate. It is an internet scam and we cannot price match this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
it is circulating around and it is not from the legitimate IHL website. No it is not actually from them. We received notification today across home depot from our supervisors that said this flyer is not legitimate. I am so sorry for the inconvenience."

Good luck to anyone who still wants to try.
That sucks. Don't they match Any Canadian online Retailer?

2 years ago. I was able to get Abbotsford HD to PM me a 7¼ circ saw from IHL.
Jul 3, 2014
77 posts
69 upvotes
BC
chilli604 wrote: That sucks. Don't they match Any Canadian online Retailer?

2 years ago. I was able to get Abbotsford HD to PM me a 7¼ circ saw from IHL.
Apparently not, it says local retailer on their site. I drove to Langley on a gamble and it didn't pay off lol.
Nov 11, 2019
43 posts
31 upvotes
They wouldn't price match for me today.

I tried to price match today though the online chat but the representative was telling me "We don't price match flyers". So I sent him a copy of their price match policy which clearly states a flyer. We went back and forth for bit with me telling him to let me speak to a manager. He didn't seem to want to do anything so I asked him for his full name and employee number and that I would just speak with home depots head office.

He finally passed me off to someone else and they informed me that they are not price matching the IHL flyer as they have no stock of the Milwaukee items in stock at IHL and also the website does not state the sale price.

The whole situation was more of an annoyance as it could have been avoided by just saying they know they have no stock etc. Which I would have understood because I know they have no stock lol.

It was worth a try. Should of tried to get it earlier.
I'll hold off for a Super Sawzall.
Apr 14, 2017
171 posts
177 upvotes
The more you look at the flyer, it does appear as fake.

- The sawzall, regular price $249, not $159
- 2997 kit's regular price is $529, not $399
- 2997 kit shows 2897 picture (older gen, and THAT can be $399 regular price)
- fliyer is not accessible from their official website, almost seems like it was deleted right away after it was posted here

I cant imagine a professional store making all these mistakes, something is definitely fishy about this sale lol
Jul 3, 2014
77 posts
69 upvotes
BC
lacavaa wrote: They wouldn't price match for me today.

I tried to price match today though the online chat but the representative was telling me "We don't price match flyers". So I sent him a copy of their price match policy which clearly states a flyer. We went back and forth for bit with me telling him to let me speak to a manager. He didn't seem to want to do anything so I asked him for his full name and employee number and that I would just speak with home depots head office.

He finally passed me off to someone else and they informed me that they are not price matching the IHL flyer as they have no stock of the Milwaukee items in stock at IHL and also the website does not state the sale price.

The whole situation was more of an annoyance as it could have been avoided by just saying they know they have no stock etc. Which I would have understood because I know they have no stock lol.

It was worth a try. Should of tried to get it earlier.
I'll hold off for a Super Sawzall.
I had a similar experience except I tried about 10 times LOL. The part that pissed me off wasn’t that they wouldn’t do it, but they would clearly say they can’t use a copy of a flyer, when the policy says they do.

cmosve wrote: The more you look at the flyer, it does appear as fake.

- fliyer is not accessible from their official website, almost seems like it was deleted right away after it was posted here

I cant imagine a professional store making all these mistakes, something is definitely fishy about this sale lol
Hmm.. interesting points, I think it was a real flyer though, IHL has done sales previously too
Dec 16, 2018
36 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
bahadur wrote: I had a similar experience except I tried about 10 times LOL. The part that pissed me off wasn’t that they wouldn’t do it, but they would clearly say they can’t use a copy of a flyer, when the policy says they do.

Hmm.. interesting points, I think it was a real flyer though, IHL has done sales previously too
I had to fight with a bunch of chat agents and then went to the Langley store yesterday. Finally got them to agree to the match and beat then it turned out they didn't have stock. They left me a voicemail this morning saying to go to the Cambie location that had 1 left and that they would do the match.

Drove all the way to Vancouver today and they wouldn't budge on the match at all so I was a bit choked from the time waste. Bought it anyway to see if I could get an adjustment with the person in Langley who agreed to do the match originally and of course they weren't going to be back working until Monday after the flyer expires. I told the whole long story to multiple managers and tried to play the voicemail Home Depot left me this morning and they fiiiiiinally agreed to match and beat the flyer after calling the person at home.

The whole ordeal took a couple hours and 10 bucks in gas but I did eventually get the deal and didn't get banned for life so I guess it's a win.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1001 posts
726 upvotes
Durham Region
cmosve wrote: The more you look at the flyer, it does appear as fake.

It was not a scam at all, but a bit strange

-It was only posted on IHL Instagram and not from their official site.
-The flyer said in store only for the Milwaukee items
-official IHL site did not have prices updated
-when you call the IHL store, they confirmed the prices were the same as flyer
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3681 posts
2513 upvotes
GTA
Check the newest flyer! Looks like Milwaukee put stop on IHL's sales, they can only advertise as Deal#1,#2 etc. It says it's due to Milwaukee's policies Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Oct 7, 2007
603 posts
148 upvotes
Markham
Tommy74 wrote: Check the newest flyer! Looks like Milwaukee put stop on IHL's sales, they can only advertise as Deal#1,#2 etc. It says it's due to Milwaukee's policies Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
They still give you the prices through DM. It's likely they just can't advertise it on a flyer.
Nov 13, 2014
28 posts
1 upvote
Thornhill, ON
I managed to get the 2997 price matched (529 drill driver set for 314). However I missed the free battery promotion :(

They gave me alot of headache. First agent price matched it then the store cancelled the pickup. Spoke to them the day after and the agent refused to honour the price match. Had to speak to their supervisor and then drove immediately to pickup my order (didn't even wait for the second email). Just wish I could have received the free battery but that location ran out and the promotion ended the next day.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2297 posts
800 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thank you OP. I was able to pick one at the Vaughan location. Manager was very nice and he did the price match - 10% in a heartbeat even though the flyer said sold out.
Great gift for a friend who is crazy for Milwaukee tools
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2297 posts
800 upvotes
Woodbridge
How were you able to get the FREE battery and how the price was calculated?
cmosve wrote: Thanks OP, I owe you a lunch for this.

Picked up 2997-22 drill/impact kit with free 5ah battery for $355 with taxes. Online order and store pickup
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1001 posts
726 upvotes
Durham Region
newlyborn wrote: How were you able to get the FREE battery and how the price was calculated?
Price match + beat = 314+tax =355

When you add the kit to the online cart, a free battery was applied instantly
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1335 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
On instagram ihl is saying they are no longer aloud to share sale prices on social media and can only do so via instore