• Sep 5th, 2021 1:47 pm
Tags:
28 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
7203 posts
2236 upvotes
0 downvotes
can you copy and paste the contents of that article? the site is blocked by my company firewall
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Really good to see this happen. Dennys is pretty limited and doesn't seem to be growing much and I definitely prefer IHOP.

http://globalnews.ca/news/8118791/ihop- ... n-windsor/
Two Denny's in Toronto now, but yeah, you're right. They're not growing much outside of that.
I wish Ihop could have included Toronto in their initial Ontario opening plan. That would be nice, since there's no more Golden Griddle & the "Egg" places tend to open mainly for breakfast & lunch hours, then close.
(same story for Cora restaurant)

A 24 hr ihop would do well in Toronto...they'd have to compete with Denny's, but I'm sure they'd still do well.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5273 posts
3956 upvotes
Are IHOPs using the AYCE model?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22804 posts
21638 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
YUCK … to both Denny’s & IHOP
(And the Awful Waffle House)
Low quality US chains
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: YUCK … to both Denny’s & IHOP
Low quality US chains
I have no problem with Denny's. I honestly don't recall the last time I visited a Waffle house, but iHop in Niagara falls was okay.
I like Denny's pancakes.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2539 posts
1119 upvotes
Low quality US chains
I actually like the Waffle House. It's convenience.
Dec 8, 2015
401 posts
223 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
playnicee1 wrote: I have no problem with Denny's. I honestly don't recall the last time I visited a Waffle house, but iHop in Niagara falls was okay.
I like Denny's pancakes.
I recently had IHOP in Niagara Falls and the omelet was delish. Haven't had Dennys in years. Would love an IHOP in Scarb, but alas they always stay downtown.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12029 posts
4834 upvotes
Low quality US chains
I don't think you have eaten at an ihop in many years
evilYoda wrote: Are IHOPs using the AYCE model?
Never seen that before
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Never seen that before
Ihop Niagara falls used to do AYCE pancakes to compete with restaurants close by that were also doing AYCE pancakes but only for breakfast.
I'm not sure if they still do that today. In fact, at one point they even had a mini buffet because East Side Marios and a few others were doing it.
Maybe not today though. Hard to compete with a Hotel Buffet.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
icantfigureoutausername wrote: Meh, I'll stick with Wimpy's all-day breakfasts. IHOP doesn't impress me much.
Yup. Wimpy's does have a good breakfast meal. I wish they could open more locations and fix their problem with the table jukeboxes. (They're working on it)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25993 posts
10703 upvotes
Socially Distanced
The International House of Prayer is coming to Ontario? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: The International House of Prayer is coming to Ontario? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
That's a separate fact. Don't mix the two up. One is a real restaurant the other might be a cult. lol
Jan 12, 2017
785 posts
723 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Yup. Wimpy's does have a good breakfast meal. I wish they could open more locations and fix their problem with the table jukeboxes. (They're working on it)
A new Wimpy's just opened near Queen/Parliament.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25993 posts
10703 upvotes
Socially Distanced
playnicee1 wrote: That's a separate fact. Don't mix the two up. One is a real restaurant the other might be a cult. lol
The funny part is that if you dig into them your points could apply to both Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8405 posts
5291 upvotes
Mississauga
IHOP in Canada is not a new thing. As a kid growing up in Windsor ON in the early 1980’s, we had an International House of Pancakes restaurant (before they acronymized it). I remember the breakfasts were really good especially the “silver dollar” pancakes. It didn’t last very long I think because it was in a location with weird parking lot access.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19638 posts
6580 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: IHOP in Canada is not a new thing. As a kid growing up in Windsor ON in the early 1980’s, we had an International House of Pancakes restaurant (before they acronymized it). I remember the breakfasts were really good especially the “silver dollar” pancakes. It didn’t last very long I think because it was in a location with weird parking lot access.
Well at least people won't have go to Niagara falls to go to an Ihop soon.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12029 posts
4834 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Ihop Niagara falls used to do AYCE pancakes to compete with restaurants close by that were also doing AYCE pancakes but only for breakfast.
I'm not sure if they still do that today. In fact, at one point they even had a mini buffet because East Side Marios and a few others were doing it.
Maybe not today though. Hard to compete with a Hotel Buffet.
Interesting.

I find all the restaurants in Niagara Falls downtown to be overpriced - they jack up all their regular prices.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22804 posts
21638 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kool1 wrote: Interesting.

I find all the restaurants in Niagara Falls downtown to be overpriced - they jack up all their regular prices.
They certainly are.

Be it the familiar Cdn Chains … or the smattering of ones from the USA that set up shop there as their sole presence in Canada (the tourist traps for US Visitors)

Those I find extremely disappointing … not just cost … but they also never seem the same as what you get food or taste wise vs stateside