• Dec 18th, 2017 12:02 pm
[OP]
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
594 posts
5466 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[IKEA] 15% Off Fabric and Leather Sofas + 20% Off All Rugs, December 14 to 17

I think this is the first (maybe only?) sofa sale this year at IKEA, but if you're in the market for furniture to point at your TV, you can take 15% off fabric and leather sofas until December 17. All rugs are also 20% off during the same time.

Limit of four of each offer. The sofa deal excludes armchairs and sofa beds.
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
I miss when IKEA had that brown fabric sofa that you could tell was not designed by the company. It was the most comfortable one ever.
Banned
Sep 8, 2008
109 posts
72 upvotes
Just to add, 15% off on dining chairs as well.

Thanks OP, purchased a Sofa and 4 dining chairs on Cyber Monday's Free Shipping deal. After seeing this deal, I directly contacted IKEA through Facebook to get the price adjusted and they granted it with no hassle. Great deal, saving about 300 bucks from Free shipping and this deal.
Nov 19, 2017
163 posts
84 upvotes
Of course they don't have the sofa sale on the sofa I want to buy! =/
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1158 posts
717 upvotes
Yes! Finally wait until the sofa deal. Will buy the same model in their return centre this weekend. Thanks
Oct 3, 2014
74 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just personally bought the Kivik 5 seat corner. Had gone to the warehouse to check it out. Quite comfortable. Reviews state that it lasts a good long time. Cushions are memory so take a few days to spring back to life and take a few weeks to work in but otherwise a nice couch from what I’ve read. You can also buy other seat covers so you can swap out and keep it clean. Plus I think it’s one of only a few sectionals that fall under this sale. Plus you have a decent return policy in the worst case that you don’t enjoy it.

One other thing to note is that it does sit a little lower than other couches, so that might put off some people.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2036 posts
2067 upvotes
time to make this for the home theater (or at least a cheap version of it)
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
malcom1666 wrote: Yes! Finally wait until the sofa deal. Will buy the same model in their return centre this weekend. Thanks
I'm confused by your post. How do you know it'll be in the return center? Because people won't like it?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3411 posts
821 upvotes
IKEA sofas are so uncomfortable. For the same price as many of those you can get a much better quality sofa elsewhere.
Aug 24, 2014
106 posts
216 upvotes
West St Paul, MB
any thoughts / reviews on ikea rugs?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
goob3r wrote: IKEA sofas are so uncomfortable. For the same price as many of those you can get a much better quality sofa elsewhere.
I feel the same way, bought and sold the Karlstad as used and returned the Klippan right after buying. I don't even recommend the Klippan for cats.

However, I did buy a sofa at the Brick before, but the springs in the back were in the lower area, so you'd put sink in the lower region and the top part of the body you'd sit normal. I wish I realized this when I bought it. The Brick is still probably a better option.

With that being said, I stuck at buying sofas. I'll stick to my Poang chairs.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1794 posts
959 upvotes
Laval
FYI pax event starting jan 2nd
Dec 24, 2011
93 posts
26 upvotes
BritishColumbian wrote: I feel the same way, bought and sold the Karlstad as used and returned the Klippan right after buying. I don't even recommend the Klippan for cats.

However, I did buy a sofa at the Brick before, but the springs in the back were in the lower area, so you'd put sink in the lower region and the top part of the body you'd sit normal. I wish I realized this when I bought it. The Brick is still probably a better option.

I hope you're joking. The Brick is not a better option under any circumstance.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1899 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
BritishColumbian wrote: I feel the same way, bought and sold the Karlstad as used and returned the Klippan right after buying. I don't even recommend the Klippan for cats.

These have held up well with my cats.

https://m.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/spr/39901886/

There isn't much fun scratch if its flush against the wall.

Picked up some scratch pads too, we'll see if they are any good.
Jan 13, 2013
27 posts
3 upvotes
CALGARY
can only contact with Facebook? can i call ikea by phone to adjust the price match?
Jan 13, 2013
27 posts
3 upvotes
CALGARY
alex-book wrote: Just to add, 15% off on dining chairs as well.

Thanks OP, purchased a Sofa and 4 dining chairs on Cyber Monday's Free Shipping deal. After seeing this deal, I directly contacted IKEA through Facebook to get the price adjusted and they granted it with no hassle. Great deal, saving about 300 bucks from Free shipping and this deal.
can only contact with Facebook? can i call ikea by phone to adjust the price match?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
tevstevs wrote: I hope you're joking. The Brick is not a better option under any circumstance.
Lol. Why? You might be right, the IKEA is much longer... I guess finding the right IKEA sofa is key. I'm 1 for 3.
Oct 3, 2014
74 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevinyan007 wrote: can only contact with Facebook? can i call ikea by phone to adjust the price match?
You can call by phone, but if you ordered to a pick up point you will have to go there to get a price adjustment, at least thats what they did to me.