• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 6:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14826 posts
4306 upvotes

[IKEA] 15% off online orders of $400 or more, Dec 25 only

IKEA has 15% off any online order of $400 or more, today only.

As usual, this is only a deal if the shipping cost is less than the 15% discount. It's good if you live close by but don't have a car big enough to transport everything home.

Terms of the offer:

*Offer valid from Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 at 11:00pm ET to Wednesday, December 25th 2018 at 11:59 ET on online orders for home delivery to valid shipping addresses in Canada only, excluding Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. Minimum purchase of $400 required to qualify, excluding taxes, delivery and any other services. Offer valid on regular priced items only. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Offer does not apply to orders placed in store or at Pick-up and order points, or Click and Collect orders placed online and picked up in store, at a Pick-up and order point or at a Collection Point. Excludes Express delivery. Offer does not apply to previous purchases or gift card purchases. While supplies last. No rain checks. Not all products are available online.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
33 replies
Feb 23, 2014
976 posts
471 upvotes
Great! I saved $65 but delivery to Kamloops was $170.

**** I miss Vancouver...
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10384 posts
1685 upvotes
The deal is so bad... they should be ashamed of themselves
Aug 3, 2009
695 posts
114 upvotes
Well...wtf.

This shipping cost seems to be pretty affordable. 🤪
Images
  • 10A49642-AAFE-496D-B2C0-84B0D307CD29.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1167 posts
282 upvotes
Ikea used a 3rd party shipper last year (not sure now), and it was such a nightmare. Have to reschedule 4 times last year, and everytime I called Ikea, they would call the other shipper with no resolution. Then I have to call and deal with the shipper directly to schedule a date and time, and again for 4 times!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1280 posts
1404 upvotes
Lol so let’s have a deal on Christmas Day but let’s charge everyone shipping. Sucks. I hope boxing days is better but doubt it
Mar 11, 2018
53 posts
56 upvotes
Fortunately shipping was only $13 for a couple of symfonisk lamps...
Sep 22, 2010
129 posts
55 upvotes
Quebec City
Why not valid for "In store" pickup?
Sad...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1012 posts
858 upvotes
MARKHAM
JL2002 wrote: Ikea used a 3rd party shipper last year (not sure now), and it was such a nightmare. Have to reschedule 4 times last year, and everytime I called Ikea, they would call the other shipper with no resolution. Then I have to call and deal with the shipper directly to schedule a date and time, and again for 4 times!
The delivery company missed my delivery date and the following rescheduled delivery date, no notice provided so i wasted 8 hours at home waiting for them. Takes over an hour to connect with someone on the phone to cancel, don’t bother with ikea.
Nov 20, 2019
9 posts
4 upvotes
I ordered some mattress and beddings just a few days ago. I'd like to take advantage of this offer but it seems Ikea Canada customer service is not open today. Wonder what should I do... Should I make another order and try to cancel my previous order tomorrow? Thank you!

Edit: Ikea Canada website says delivery fee is non-refundable, no matter how far away the actual delivery date is. Any chance I can get delivery fee refunded if cancel and order again?
Oct 15, 2012
349 posts
367 upvotes
Sudbury
Trying to figure out how this is garnering thumbs up-- stop drinking so much eggnog!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1436 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
cyphr wrote: Well...wtf.

This shipping cost seems to be pretty affordable. 🤪
I was actually thinking of using this to build a custom closet as well but that shipping lol, il just go in-store i guess
Mar 11, 2017
76 posts
19 upvotes
Yes! Been waiting for a deal like this to build storage and organizer for my office. Saved over $250.

$20 delivery for the pick up location here in town, $60 cheaper than having it delivered to the house.
Nov 20, 2017
669 posts
497 upvotes
I was debating picking up the Henriksdal dining chair using this promo (it was on sale for $54 from $85). I see now the sale must have ended yesterday.
Well played Ikea! And I still wouldn't really be getting a deal with that 15% off... just save on some shipping costs.

No doubt a good way to piss off your customers is to offer promotions with tons of conditions attached.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49483 posts
5856 upvotes
Toronto
LawrenceL698367 wrote: Yes! Been waiting for a deal like this to build storage and organizer for my office. Saved over $250.

$20 delivery for the pick up location here in town, $60 cheaper than having it delivered to the house.
Its delivery only, you cannot select for pick up and get the discount.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1790 posts
390 upvotes
Ikea has piss poor online ordering, shipping and customer service. I'm not surprised this deal sucks.
Mar 11, 2017
76 posts
19 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Its delivery only, you cannot select for pick up and get the discount.
Incorrect, the items were discounted as I added them in my cart and stayed discounted when I chose the local pick up location and submitted the order.

The disclaimer is not worded very well only excludes orders submitted from the store, pick up locations, etc. So the orders have to be submitted from home.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1020 posts
928 upvotes
Montreal
LawrenceL698367 wrote: Incorrect, the items were discounted as I added them in my cart and stayed discounted when I chose the local pick up location and submitted the order.

The disclaimer is not worded very well only excludes orders submitted from the store, pick up locations, etc. So the orders have to be submitted from home.
It does say offer excludes "Click and Collect orders placed online and picked up in store", but if the discount still applies, it is good for you.
I ordered many stuff in-store yesterday. Didn't see this coming... Too bad for me.
Mar 11, 2017
76 posts
19 upvotes
sneakerfan wrote: It does say offer excludes "Click and Collect orders placed online and picked up in store", but if the discount still applies, it is good for you.
I ordered many stuff in-store yesterday. Didn't see this coming... Too bad for me.
Semantics but I bet they differentiate between ordering and picking up at an IKEA store vs pick up from a Pick Up location.