[IKEA] Black Friday: "Up to double the sell-back value" in the form of In-Store Credit via IKEA Canada’s “Sell-Back” service
- Deal Link:
- November 30, 2020
- IKEA has launched a sell-back service where they'll quote a price to buy-back your used IKEA furniture you don't want and pay you in-store credit.
- For Black Friday they'll offer you "Up to double the sell-back value"; and, yes, I know "up to double" can mean anything, but I imagine this should always translate to "more than we'd usually give you".
- The start date should be very soon since it's supposed to start "mid-November" although their BF page hasn't formally announced the start. They said in their press release "The IKEA Canada Black Friday campaign will run from mid-November through until the end of the month, with more details to come. To stay up to date, visit IKEA.ca/BlackFriday."
Here's their announcement of this deal: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/this-is-ikea ... ub5ad13df0
Here's their sell-back page submission page: https://ikeafamily.ca/en/sell-back
Here's their sell-back FAQ (also quoted below): https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/customer-service/faq
Here's their black Friday 2020 page (which currently has nothing announced): https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/campaigns/black-friday/
If there's interest, I'll update/edit this post as we learn more and also provide my experience with it.
1. What is the IKEA Sell-Back program?
IKEA Canada’s “Sell-Back” service is a smarter way to look at the value of your unwanted furnishings. When it’s time to say goodbye to the things that are outdated, unwanted or cluttering your home, we’ll buy them back from you in the form of an IKEA in-store credit. You get to spend the value of the item(s) in-store. It really is that simple and easy! We’ll do our best to give another life to the items we buy back, so that you benefit, the community benefits, and so does the planet. Together, we're making a more beautiful world.
2. What is the process involved with selling my furniture back to IKEA?
All IKEA Family members can visit IKEAFamily.ca and submit items for consideration by filling out a simple online form with a minimum of four photos of the product. Once the submission is received by IKEA, you will receive a confirmation email with a reference code.
An IKEA co-worker from the selected store will respond within 5 days with an in-store credit offer or a decline. If you receive an offer, you must bring the product, reference code, and IKEA Family card to the Returns & Exchanges desk at the selected store within 30 days to complete the transaction and receive the IKEA in-store credit that was offered.
3. Can I negotiate the price?
All Sell-Back offers from IKEA Canada are firm and non-negotiable.
4. How long before I can expect to hear a response?
After 5 business days, you can check your application online to see if your item has been approved. If it is still processing, please wait a day and check again.
5. Why should I sell my furniture through the IKEA Sell-Back program when someone else could buy it for more?
Selling a product to IKEA is the best way to ensure the transaction will go smoothly and be handled professionally.
6. Once we agree on a deal, will IKEA pick it up or do I have to drop it off myself?
All Sell-Back transactions will occur at the Returns & Exchanges desk of the IKEA store that was selected on the Sell-Back submission form. You must bring the assembled product, reference code, and your IKEA Family card in order to complete the transaction.
7. Can the furniture be disassembled for easier transportation?
All items must be presented at the Returns & Exchanges counter fully assembled, in a condition that matches the photos and description that were submitted.
8. What if I present the item at the store and I’m told it is not what was expected. Can IKEA back out of the purchase?
Yes. If, in the opinion of the IKEA team, the product does not match the photos and description submitted, we reserve the right to reduce or withdraw the in-store credit offer. We ask that all items are accurately represented in submission to avoid any misunderstandings around condition of the product. Photos are taken and images selected should best represent the product and its condition.
9. What kind of products are accepted and are not accepted through the Sell-Back service?
A detailed list can be found on IKEAFamily.ca under the terms and conditions of the Sell-Back program. For exclusions, please see the list below:
Mattresses, textiles and other soft goods (pillows, towels, etc.)
Items with glass
Baby and children’s furniture
Oversized pieces (e.g. PAX, BESTA, Kitchens, etc)
Any “hacked” items