Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

Discontinued LACK coffee table at $13.00 (reg. $24.99) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2019 11:40 pm
Jan 8, 2019
68 posts
55 upvotes

[IKEA] Discontinued LACK coffee table at $13.00 (reg. $24.99) YMMV

Found them in the 'As Is' section of the Burlington location. Staff member said they are discontinued models and not the returned lot like the rest of the items in that section. It wasn't mentioned in the showroom though. Also, I cannot confirm if this is the case in other locations. If you going there just for this, better call them ahead.

I don't remember the exact price, but I also saw the larger LACK coffee table (reg. $49.99) discounted similarly.
Images
  • photo_2019-12-08_21-01-46.jpg
  • lack-coffee-table-white__0702217_PE724349_S5.png
26 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
Kinda off topic but for anyone who has the LG C9 TV, I used the top flat piece of this Lack table as a mount / riser so I can fit my soundbar in front of the TV without blocking it, lol. This raised the tv for about 2 inches which should accommodate most soundbars I reckon.

/edited to add more context/details
Last edited by kazkira on Dec 8th, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kazkira wrote: Kinda off topic but for anyone who has the LG C9 TV, I used the top flat piece of this Lack table as a mount so I can fit my soundbar in front of the TV without blocking it, lol.

You plopped a $2000 tv on a piece of corrugated cardboard? Is that really sturdy enough?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote: You plopped a $2000 tv on a piece of corrugated cardboard? Is that really sturdy enough?
It's lying flat on my actual TV stand so I don't see what the problem is?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
thanks op, will try to check it out tomorrow
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
which ikea you see this at?
Signature removed due to rule violation
Jan 5, 2007
453 posts
244 upvotes
Was also at Burlington Ikea as-is section this afternoon. The 2 Lerhamn tables on clearance looked like a good deal as they are made from solid wood (pine I believe) and seemed sturdy enough for Ikea furniture. The larger one (118cm x 74cm) was $60 and the smaller one (74cm x 74cm) was $30. I am not sure what the deal was with them is since the Ikea website says that it's a new product but maybe they are changing the design slightly?

Didn't take pictures but bought the smaller one so that the kids will have a place to play/color. I will shorten the table legs. I think the larger one would make a decent basic desk but I didn't need one. Small stack of each when I was there.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
asbraich wrote: First sentence
There seems to be a Lack of attention on his part.
This must've been discontinued bcs of Lack of interest.
Finding stock at you local Ikea is purely a question of Lack.
Calling the store to find out revealed their Lack-lustre customer service.
To those who do find it, Lack-heim !!!
Last edited by dilligafeh on Dec 9th, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Someone sat on one of these when the returns desk was very crowded one day. Not a good idea.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Someone sat on one of these when the returns desk was very crowded one day. Not a good idea.
Did they look to be close in weight to an LG C9 TV ?
Oct 14, 2014
239 posts
524 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I have this in black.
It's decent. I really like the shelf under the table for kids puzzles, remote controls and mugs coasters.
Oct 21, 2005
837 posts
812 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote: You plopped a $2000 tv on a piece of corrugated cardboard? Is that really sturdy enough?
Ikea makes Lack TV benches out of the same material (I have one). They will hold 75 pounds easily. We've had a clunky old plasma TV on it for the past decade without an issue. As long as the weight is distributed over a large surface area (such as a TV stand) you won't have a problem.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote:
You plopped a $2000 tv on a piece of corrugated cardboard? Is that really sturdy enough?
Considering it's made of pressboard and prayers I'm surprised it held my ass.
And I'm MUCH heavier than a TV
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Banned
Mar 23, 2017
90 posts
105 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks OP. The real question is why did Ikea discontinue LACK? Is it just that colour that got discontinued?
Jul 31, 2019
158 posts
176 upvotes
I have this table (in the brown-black color) and it's a great size for a small living room. I like it. For the price, it does it's job and isn't an eye sore.
Aug 21, 2016
506 posts
839 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Any disocunts on the LACK tv bench or is it only on the coffee table?
RFD Effect Is Real

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)