IKEA dishwasher and warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2021 9:32 pm
[OP]
Aug 28, 2007
458 posts
129 upvotes

IKEA dishwasher and warranty

I was just looking at an Ikea dishwasher that comes with a 5 year warranty. It's actually in stock locally so I'm tempted to purchase.
Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with Ikea dishwashers and also dealing with Ikea for warranty issues?
Thanks!
11 replies
Jul 31, 2017
330 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
We bought two at the same time. They're noisy, cheap inside and don't clean particularly well. One crapped out after about a year and they fixed it without a problem. The other one died completely after 5 years and was glad to see it go. One has been replaced with a Bosch and the other is still limping along sounding like a gold mine washplant
Jan 21, 2011
732 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
They are made by Whirlpool. The 2 times I had to deal with whirlpool for 2 different stoves was pretty good. IKEA is normally pretty good once you have your receipt.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2007
458 posts
129 upvotes
lamin wrote: They are made by Whirlpool. The 2 times I had to deal with whirlpool for 2 different stoves was pretty good. IKEA is normally pretty good once you have your receipt.

The one I looked at today looked very much like a Frigidaire model!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1104 posts
976 upvotes
ON
We purchased one 7 years ago and still going strong. It’s made by Whirlpool. The warranty was what attracted us.

Prior to the pandemic, we used to run it at night only but now with WFH, we run it at all times during the day. This has become an issue because the thing is so damn quiet that someone or the other in the family ends up opening the door while it’s running. We now place a chair in front of it as a reminder that it’s running.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Nov 8, 2019
19 posts
12 upvotes
We have one now. It’s crazy quiet! Does a great job. We’ve only had it a couple of years but we’re very happy with it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6649 posts
2993 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I guess IKEA is like Sears with Kenmore as far as appliances go: Put out the contract to bid every now and then and see who comes up with the best terms. Could be GE/Haier next or Blomberg/Arcelik or even LG or Samsung.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1757 posts
904 upvotes
Theyre made by Whirlpool (or at least at the time of my purchase). Mine turns 4yrs old this July - 1st 2 yrs I maybe used it 10x/yr, since then 2x/wk

It's been fine. Just set it to 1 hr and it's good to go. Make sure to pre-wash your dishes
Jul 31, 2017
330 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote: Make sure to pre-wash your dishes
I wonder how many people would recommend a snow blower that came with advice to shovel most of the snow first before using
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6649 posts
2993 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Biscayne05 wrote: Theyre made by Whirlpool (or at least at the time of my purchase). Mine turns 4yrs old this July - 1st 2 yrs I maybe used it 10x/yr, since then 2x/wk

It's been fine. Just set it to 1 hr and it's good to go. Make sure to pre-wash your dishes
BoatyMcBoatface wrote: I wonder how many people would recommend a snow blower that came with advice to shovel most of the snow first before using

And defeats the purpose of conserving energy by limiting use of heated water to boot.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4007 posts
1276 upvotes
Durham Region
thriftshopper wrote: I guess IKEA is like Sears with Kenmore as far as appliances go: Put out the contract to bid every now and then and see who comes up with the best terms.
They've consistently used Whirlpool since they started offering appliances in the US and Canada.

At one point, they even printed "Manufactured by Whirlpool Corporation" on the front of the products themselves, right next to the IKEA logo (they do the same for their Roper brand too).
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1757 posts
904 upvotes
BoatyMcBoatface wrote: I wonder how many people would recommend a snow blower that came with advice to shovel most of the snow first before using
WELL...

I worked for the company and that idiot parent decided to place their kid on top of the drawer of a Malm dresser claimed he wasnt warned that this could hurt his child.

So yeah, common sense isnt so common. We live in a world full of idiots, this Tide pod eating world.