Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA Etobicoke] Ikea triple wireless charging pad $20 (Reg $80) Aug 31-Sept 1 only

[OP]
Dec 19, 2011
875 posts
443 upvotes
Brampton

Ikea triple wireless charging pad $20 (Reg $80) Aug 31-Sept 1 only

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
September 1, 2019
Retailer:
IKEA Etobicoke
Aug 31 and Sept 1 only.

Ikea Family membership required which you can get at the store for free while purchasing or all cashiers have their own courtesy Ikea family card that they can scan during the transaction to apply the discount.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190831-145904.png
Last edited by dealsucker on Aug 31st, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Apr 4, 2017
542 posts
435 upvotes
Anyway to order this online? Ikea on a long weekend before school starts is the last place I'd like to be.
[OP]
Dec 19, 2011
875 posts
443 upvotes
Brampton
realtycoon wrote: Anyway to order this online? Ikea on a long weekend before school starts is the last place I'd like to be.
Just came back from the store. Surprisingly wasn't any busier than any other Saturday.
Sep 24, 2012
623 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
The only review I read said it charges very slowly and the phone got hot! I will stay away!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op look at that soon
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6708 posts
1291 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
These chargers are only 5W. The regular price is ridiculous but $20 is pretty good.
sorrowt wrote: I only see this one online and it is for 49.99. is the $79.99 different? product number?
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/nordmaerke ... -00423919/
The one on clearance is the older version. I believe functionally they both work the same but the new one uses cork to provide grip. Still charges at 5W.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jan 22, 2009
135 posts
194 upvotes
Believe this is a slow charger.

You save 2 seconds not to look for a cord and plug it in ,but waste an extra 1.5 hr for the phone to be fully charged
Jan 31, 2018
808 posts
1353 upvotes
Winnipeg
chongb wrote: Believe this is a slow charger.

You save 2 seconds not to look for a cord and plug it in ,but waste an extra 1.5 hr for the phone to be fully charged
These chargers, like the vast majority of wireless charging applications, are not designed to replace your fast charger when you need a super quick top-off. They are designed for you to just plop the phone down when at your office desk to just keep things slowly ticking along. Or to put down your nightstand to charge slowly while you sleep.

Those few seconds saved add up if you do it every single day for the entire life of your phone. Added bonus, fewer insert/remove cycles that could potentially break the port on your phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1102 posts
213 upvotes
Do these take phantom power? Same vs regular phone chargers ?
Jul 16, 2019
88 posts
50 upvotes
how lazy can people be these days that they cannot spend 2 secs to plug in their phone to the charger; you have to understand this type of chargers are still inefficient, wastes energy and not good for the environment-when they get much better, i'll get them...
Feb 2, 2006
561 posts
432 upvotes
ZeroM8 wrote: how lazy can people be these days that they cannot spend 2 secs to plug in their phone to the charger; you have to understand this type of chargers are still inefficient, wastes energy and not good for the environment-when they get much better, i'll get them...
Lol what??

Is there energy wasted from wireless chargers? Yes, a bit. But to start calling people lazy for using them is a little bit much don't you think? Convenience != laziness.
Jul 16, 2019
88 posts
50 upvotes
To Turge:

its current state wireless charging takes 2x as long.
does it work? yes. its more proof of concept.
does it, waste energy? yes (read the first line)
let me rearrange your program line:
convenience = laziness if energy is wasted!