• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 8:34 am
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4308 posts
4970 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mizermalice wrote: Ooof, on the one day deals, fine print says "Offer not valid on previous purchases..."

If they deny the price adjustment, could we just buy it at the sale price and return it right away with the old receipt? I think someone mentioned in the other thread that this doesn't work for some reason...
No refund on Black Fridays
Dec 24, 2014
75 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
How's the BESTA TV benches? From the few reviews, they say there's noticeable gaps. I'm looking at this one.
Apr 28, 2019
84 posts
75 upvotes
test9251 wrote: will they price match the mattress bought 1 month ago? Neutral Face
I had been able to price-adjust my Hasvag mattress (bought ~50 days ago, checked out with Family membership) at Ikea Vaughan tonight ($40 + tax refunded to original payment method).
I was quite apprehensive that I'll be denied but surprisingly it was a breeze. No questions asked, only the id proof to punch in some details in system.
Public Mobile | Tangerine
Aug 11, 2011
617 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
clazaa wrote: How's the BESTA TV benches? From the few reviews, they say there's noticeable gaps. I'm looking at this one.
I returned mine, was really unstable and felt cheaper than the lack stands (which are just falcon board).
Sep 22, 2017
44 posts
16 upvotes
killoverme wrote: I had to do that for something a while back. I went, picked up the items, bought the stuff. Went straight to returns and returned it using the old receipt...
If they deny anyone, do exactly this.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11108 posts
1246 upvotes
exsiccation wrote: The overall deals are pretty weak, but the one-day deals for Family members are a lot better. I had been waiting for a few weeks on a bunch of items to see if they went on sale for Black Friday, but none of it did. Disappointing.

I pulled the trigger, but before seeing those one-day deals. The only thing I slightly regret is the Hemnes TV units - I ended up getting the Havsta instead. I like the Havsta's design more, but $200 more? Eh... not sure if it's worth trying to chase down and ask to change it, though.

The Hemnes nightstands are a pretty great deal at $50 though. Will take some willpower to resist picking a couple of those up.
I was waiting on a few items too but no sale. I'll wait for cyber monday as they often has free shipping.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11108 posts
1246 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: Do they offer free shipping someday? Don’t see it
Good chance free shipping on cyber Monday.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2651 posts
1652 upvotes
Does anyone have any experience with these mattresses. Trying to compare them online is difficult.

Trying to figure out which one to buy. Thank You!

HAUGESUND
Spring mattress, Twin
$159.00

HASVÅG
Spring mattress, Twin
$139.00
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11108 posts
1246 upvotes
GQ9764 wrote: If they deny anyone, do exactly this.
Many places close the return desk on black Friday. So you would have to take it home( or to your car) and come back another day. Not sure about Ikea but be prepared to have to do this.
Oct 13, 2001
550 posts
71 upvotes
Fredericton
Any review of the Friheten corner sofa bed, or suggestion as to a corner/sectional on sale for BF? Sofa bed not required.
Jan 24, 2019
138 posts
71 upvotes
dirk wrote: Any review of the Friheten corner sofa bed, or suggestion as to a corner/sectional on sale for BF? Sofa bed not required.
Hmm no suggestion but the Friheten got terrible reviews Ikea site.
Jan 1, 2015
149 posts
24 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Fine print says offers available at Pick-up and Order Points as well !
Sep 22, 2017
44 posts
16 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Many places close the return desk on black Friday. So you would have to take it home( or to your car) and come back another day. Not sure about Ikea but be prepared to have to do this.
I remember this used to be a thing. Haven't had to deal with closed return counters in over 5 years now that BF is a week long most places.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1409 posts
850 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
too bad no discount on duvets, been waiting for deals on duvets