• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 8:34 am
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12919 posts
4594 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got my Besta purchase refunded with the 20% no issues at North York location. Saved about $160.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11021 posts
1110 upvotes
laurawow wrote: Ikea should only charge shipping for furniture and appliances, the rest should be able to ship free
Nah, it's good the way it is. Free shipping just means the cost gets bundled in and prices go up. Besides Ikea wants you in the store. You go to pickup a rug and leave with some plants, batteries, meatballs, a lamp, tiny kids chairs, stuffed animals, toilet brushes, a pot, french press, more plants, a shelf, then you get home and realize you forgot to buy the rug
Nov 10, 2013
107 posts
58 upvotes
I have the three across Besta TV shelf. Low version though, so my TV is eye level if I'm slumped up in the recliner. I also don't have glass doors and only two shelves, since I needed to jam my receiver and desktop in there. Takes the X900F 75' perfectly. I don't know if I could do 85' though. I think you'd need 4 across if you had the 85 inch Big Bertha. But then you would need to add the support legs for extra and it looks kind clunkly having the line separate 1/4 of it.
Images
  • IMG_0711.jpg
Dec 3, 2008
393 posts
46 upvotes
Anyone been to ikea on black Friday before?
I want to go on Friday after work to get that roasting pan but I'll have my 1year old with me, if it's going to be a zoo Im not going to bother to save $10.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3258 posts
655 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Got my Besta purchase refunded with the 20% no issues at North York location. Saved about $160.
Oooo nice... You just needed to bring in the old receipt right? How long was the wait? Gonna go tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12919 posts
4594 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Homer88 wrote: Oooo nice... You just needed to bring in the old receipt right? How long was the wait? Gonna go tomorrow.
The wait was pretty bad... about 45 minutes. Take a number right when you get there and then go grab a coffee/hot dog during the wait. I went at around 7pm so maybe it's busier during that time.

The lady said their policy is 45 days for price adjustments and she wasn't concerned that one of the condition for the Besta sale was that it doesn't apply to previous purchases. So I guess it should really say doesn't apply to previous purchases older than 45 days?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3258 posts
655 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: The wait was pretty bad... about 45 minutes. Take a number right when you get there and then go grab a coffee/hot dog during the wait. I went at around 7pm so maybe it's busier during that time.

The lady said their policy is 45 days for price adjustments and she wasn't concerned that one of the condition for the Besta sale was that it doesn't apply to previous purchases. So I guess it should really say doesn't apply to previous purchases older than 45 days?
Wow, I bought mine October 13 so tomorrow is actually the 45th day LOL, I also used my IKEA Family card when I made the purchase (has a feeling the Besta was gonna go on sale during Boxing Day) so not sure if that makes a difference. The Besta sale is on all week long so I think it should apply to previous purchases, I thought that statement only applied to the Black Friday only sale. I'm getting $56+tax back so it's worth it for me since I don't make $63/hour haha.... thanks!!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12919 posts
4594 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Homer88 wrote: Wow, I bought mine October 13 so tomorrow is actually the 45th day LOL, I also used my IKEA Family card when I made the purchase (has a feeling the Besta was gonna go on sale during Boxing Day) so not sure if that makes a difference. The Besta sale is on all week long so I think it should apply to previous purchases, I thought that statement only applied to the Black Friday only sale. I'm getting $56+tax back so it's worth it for me since I don't make $63/hour haha.... thanks!!
Well you can grab a free coffee in the restaurant with your Ikea Family card while you wait :-)
Jul 21, 2005
239 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener
Love my Besta, bought it over 3 years ago and would 100% do it again if i had to. Let your imagination run wild, there is a configuration module on their website to let you custom design it. I went through 12 revisions before completing mine. I have the shorter depth on the upper part so it didnt over hand the window.

Something something dark side...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7270 posts
4730 upvotes
Canada
audi_rs wrote: Love my Besta, bought it over 3 years ago and would 100% do it again if i had to. Let your imagination run wild, there is a configuration module on their website to let you custom design it. I went through 12 revisions before completing mine. I have the shorter depth on the upper part so it didnt over hand the window.

Which dining chairs are those?
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Jul 21, 2005
239 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener
They are from Ikea as well although i'm fairly certain the dining set has been discontinued/replaced with the EKEDALEN set
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3258 posts
655 upvotes
audi_rs wrote: Love my Besta, bought it over 3 years ago and would 100% do it again if i had to. Let your imagination run wild, there is a configuration module on their website to let you custom design it. I went through 12 revisions before completing mine. I have the shorter depth on the upper part so it didnt over hand the window.
Wait is that a TV or a picture frame...??
https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions- ... me/design/
Jul 21, 2005
239 posts
133 upvotes
Kitchener
its the Samsung Frame TV. I will be adding some additional pictures to accent it so it blends in more.
Jun 28, 2015
43 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is there $50 Off for the First 200 Visitors, like last year?
Oct 29, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
So I was able to price adjust my Mausund queen size mattress purchased on Oct 30th. I was concerned, since they took the queen and king sizes down from the website at the same time as the sale started. But they've split the item up in their in-store order system, and the pricing is written by hand in-store (see photo for pricing). Guess they're trying to outfox the competition...

Price adjustment was painless and took 3 minutes. This was in Vaughn, and I actually made the purchase in North York, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Purchase was made with IKEA family. This is a very comfortable and durable mattress (left my last one in Europe), and I believe guaranteed for 25 years.
52BD1A8B-1961-4B7C-8E7C-42A4AF2FA99B.jpeg
Last edited by jackmaninov on Nov 27th, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.