Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA] IKEA chair $14.98 Reg price $49.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 9:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 9, 2018
9 posts
27 upvotes

[IKEA] IKEA chair $14.98 Reg price $49.99

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/skalberg-s ... s39023604/

Had a couple of these. Decent for kids and adults as extra study chair for short usage.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200808-100021_Chrome.jpg
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3398 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Must be super stiff
====================================
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9045 posts
3866 upvotes
Toronto
PolCoin wrote: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/skalberg-s ... s39023604/

Had a couple of these. Decent for kids and adults as extra study chair for short usage.
it looks super uncomfortable ... do u need to use a cushion?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1027 posts
825 upvotes
Markham, ON
Based on the reviews I see why Ikea is trying to get rid of these.
Seems like they're POS that don't last too long.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 9, 2018
9 posts
27 upvotes
Not as bad as it looks. I never used cushion, my kids never complained. Comfort depends on personal preference.

For 15 bucks it's worth it
Newbie
Apr 22, 2015
5 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought 2 of these chairs. No, they are not super uncomfortable. They are reasonably comfortable.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
29 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
VincentY483 wrote: I bought 2 of these chairs. No, they are not super uncomfortable. They are reasonably comfortable.
How are the wheels on the chair?
Newbie
Apr 22, 2015
5 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought my chairs yesterday. When I am not sitting on the chair and trying to move the chairs around, some of the wheels are skidding against my laminated hardwood floors. Both of my chairs are doing the same thing. Maybe it's because they are new.

However, when I am sitting on the chairs and move around, the wheels roll on the floor just fine. The wheels seem sturdy enough thus far.
Member
Jul 21, 2005
309 posts
264 upvotes
Kitchener
How are the line ups to get into Ikea these days?
Something something dark side...
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2017
550 posts
164 upvotes
Sold out everywhere in the GTA!
Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
bought and used this chair - ended up with back pain - dont waste your money on this
Member
Sep 14, 2018
261 posts
316 upvotes
VincentY483 wrote: I bought my chairs yesterday. When I am not sitting on the chair and trying to move the chairs around, some of the wheels are skidding against my laminated hardwood floors. Both of my chairs are doing the same thing. Maybe it's because they are new.

However, when I am sitting on the chairs and move around, the wheels roll on the floor just fine. The wheels seem sturdy enough thus far.
That's actually a design "feature" of IKEA chairs I believe, this is from their guide:

"Work chairs should stay where you leave them and not roll
away on their own. That’s why we put safety casters on our
work chairs. The casters have a built-in pressure-sensitive
locking mechanism so that they roll freely and easily when
you sit on the chair—and lock when you stand up. Note that
even though the casters don’t roll when locked, they can
still slide on the floor if the chair is pushed."

I remember reading about it when I was putting together my Ikea seat recently.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2012
607 posts
324 upvotes
Ottawa
How do these compare to the Herman Miller chairs that were on sale recently?
Newbie
Jan 19, 2011
37 posts
38 upvotes
If you have padded chairs for your children, I highly recommend upgrading to these. They build character. I wouldn't be the man I am today without sitting on hard chairs as a child.

Top