• Aug 15th, 2022 6:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1486 posts
1049 upvotes
Edmonton

[IKEA] IKEA Family Members - $50 off $250+ purchase

Until August 14, IKEA Family members get $50 off a purchase of $250 or more.* Redeem this offer by presenting the QR code with your IKEA Family card in-store or, sign in to your IKEA Family account online and enter promo code IKEAFAMILY50 at checkout. Happy shopping!

IKEA Family is free to join: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/ikea-family/
Screenshot_20220808-131826.png
68 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1925 posts
2261 upvotes
Bruh. Are you for real, Ikea? Literally just bought a bunch of stuff yesterday with their $30 off $299 coupon. I will literally rebuy everything and return it immediately after with the old receipt if they don't offer a price adjustment.
Apr 17, 2017
198 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I wonder what IKEA is going to do about people who bought stuff a day before - honor the promo or ignore it.
We bought something just yesterday and our total was $750+
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1264 posts
965 upvotes
Hamilton
Masernaut wrote: Bruh. Are you for real, Ikea? Literally just bought a bunch of stuff yesterday with their $30 off $299 coupon. I will literally rebuy everything and return it immediately after with the old receipt if they don't offer a price adjustment.
I assume you are from the younger generation but you'll regret this when you get older, trust me.

It's not worth spending an hour of your time for $20.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2263 posts
605 upvotes
I have a tip for anybody who is buying a bed frame (or anything that consists of multiple parts sold separately):

if you have multiple family accounts, you can actually split up the bed frame into its components, meet the threshold of $250 and apply two coupons to it. For example, the Malm High bed frame with 4 storage boxes can be broken down into the Bed frame + Center support beam ($249) and the storage boxes and slats ($270). Add a 1 dollar item and you can get $100 off the price of the bed rather than $50.

You must have two separate Ikea family accounts for this to work.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1591 posts
905 upvotes
Toronto
shwab wrote: I assume you are from the younger generation but you'll regret this when you get older, trust me.

It's not worth spending an hour of your time for $20.
Couldn't agree more! Time, gas, and sanity....not worth it.

IKEA does it on purpose. That's why you can only refund in person (refund/buy physically) and not just do price adjustment at customer service. It's just smart marketing. Lugging these large awkward boxes is never worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1243 posts
987 upvotes
Toronto
I’m so glad I didn’t get my new dining table last week. Let’s hope it doesn’t go out of stock before i can get my $50 off
Feb 8, 2020
103 posts
194 upvotes
PennyArcade wrote: I have a tip for anybody who is buying a bed frame (or anything that consists of multiple parts sold separately):

if you have multiple family accounts, you can actually split up the bed frame into its components, meet the threshold of $250 and apply two coupons to it. For example, the Malm High bed frame with 4 storage boxes can be broken down into the Bed frame + Center support beam ($249) and the storage boxes and slats ($270). Add a 1 dollar item and you can get $100 off the price of the bed rather than $50.

You must have two separate Ikea family accounts for this to work.
Accounts are free to create after all! The only issue is - if you are getting things delivered, then that's a penalty of $50-70 depending on where you live. Works well, if you pickup and haul yourself.

Also, works well for penguin pickup. $15 delivery fee per order.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1744 posts
3315 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I got this e-mail as well. The item I've been waiting on is $170, and expected to arrive next week at my location, so it's too bad I couldn't use last month's $25 off $150+ purchase.

As a consolation/alternative, the "Eat Your Receipt" promo might be fitting in lieu of this, if you plan to eat at Ikea anyway, and your item(s) of interest don't meet the $250...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2816 posts
3337 upvotes
Langley
Jesus, I just spent $250 yesterday.
time to rebuy/return
Every months, new coupons, Ikea must be hurting, with lack of stock, trying to make people buy anything instead of waiting.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1530 posts
2971 upvotes
Vancouver
georvu wrote: Haven't received this offer and already IKEA family member.

Can use the generic code in OP?
You can use it for click and collect, yes. They are very picky about having the actual email for in store purchases though
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8403 posts
4609 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
georvu wrote: Haven't received this offer and already IKEA family member.

Can use the generic code in OP?
soymilkslam wrote: You can use it for click and collect, yes. They are very picky about having the actual email for in store purchases though
Just checked settings and was not checked to get offers by email or text... Checked to get offers so hopefully get soon.
Selling Viking 7 winters 225/65R17 on steel wheels. Fits some Subaru, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Lexus, Toyota.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/17-viki ... s-2561775/
Jul 30, 2021
152 posts
317 upvotes
It seems like Ikea now offers these new coupon codes very month, always good to wait for a code before buying anything
Mar 23, 2005
680 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
I’m moving August 20th and need a bed frame but I don’t have access to a car until the 19th. Is there anything I can do to kind of reserve a pickup while taking advantage of this deal which ends on the 14th?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2137 posts
750 upvotes
And ofc now I can't check out with any of the sonos speakers
Jul 11, 2019
43 posts
203 upvotes
Was just about to pull the trigger on a $300 order last night to get $30 off. Decided to wait instead as I had a feeling a better offer would come eventually. Didn't expect it to be literally the next day. Thanks OP!